Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, Oath 5 Stormboyz, 2 Cyborks, 1 Runtherd and a Dethrolla. All are GW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Raphus C, Oath Complete

Edit
You could do Themed Group with this, if you wanted. Also, your models are all backlit which makes for dark photos. I wish I could see your stuff better :)
[/quote]

Ask and ye shall receive:

Themed group: death from the skies (5 Stormboyz)

The rest:

I used a lamp and irfanview to brighten the pics. The lighting in my flat is poo poo though, so this is the best I can get.

Detektuv's Journal

Basecoats:

Layers:

Metallics and highlights

Parts list

Skin: Dark angels green & Snot green, mixed together at points.
Body details:Bestial Brown (Gw), Charred Brown (Va), Snakebite Leather (Gw), Bleached Bone (Gw), Mephiston red (Gw), Tentacle pink (Gw)
Clothing: Chaos Black (Gw), Neutral Grey (Va), Imperial Blue(Va), Enchanted blue (Gw), Electric blue (Va), Scarlett red (Va), Mephiston Red (Gw), Blazing Orange (Gw), Charred Brown (Va), German Cam. black (Va), Snakebite leather (Gw), Bestial Brown (Gw), Vermin brown (Gw), Liche purple (Gw), royal purple (Va), Blue violet (Va), Bleached Bone (Gw)
Metals: Tin Bitz (Gw), Boltgun metal (Gw), Brazen Brass (Gw), Dwarf Bronze (Gw), Beaten copper (Gw)
Details/misc: Hawk Turquoise (Gw), Averland sunset (Gw), Yriel Yellow (Gw), Ceramite white (Gw)
Base: Vermin brown (Gw), Desert Yellow (Va)
basing material: wood glue, medium grade black gravel (Skalescenics), superglue.

Detektuv's Journal and one time bonus = Double the fun - I think.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 28, 2013

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

You could do Themed Group with this, if you wanted. Also, your models are all backlit which makes for dark photos. I wish I could see your stuff better :)

Ask and ye shall receive:

Themed group: death from the skies (5 Stormboyz)

The rest:

I used a lamp and irfanview to brighten the pics. The lighting in my flat is poo poo though, so this is the best I can get.

OneTrueBru posted:

:toot: OneTrueBru, Oath Complete! :toot:

Note: these all link to their full-size versions on Imgur.

drat sexy, I love well painted DA.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 19:21 on May 27, 2013

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Namenlos posted:

So heres the thing. I've been stuck on a train all evening. I got on at 5.34pm; it's 8.54pm now and I'm not expecting to get home until between 11pm and midnight.

Unlucky. I used to commute with LondonMidland. Now I moved house and can walk to work. Never again, gently caress trains.

Also, some drat fine work coming out. I love end of oath month, seeing well-painted models makes me want to grab my brushes and start early.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, Oath 10 Shoota boyz and 1 Trukk (All GW):

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Ya missed me. I haven't started yet if there are any problems.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, declare Oath complete:

Trukk:

The Detektuv's jurnal is the scratch on the ram and the bullet holes in the sides of the Trukk.

These Boyz are also a Themed Group - Ta judges

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Jun 18, 2013

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Themed group?

Fixed, thank you.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Android posted:

I, Android, oath this Orkish flyer made of Gw and Robogear bits, a model airplane kit, plasticard, and saw blades for the month of June

It ain't painted, but I am already excited.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Right, I have a black reach warboss that I have crossed with a Dethkopta to make a Biker Boss. He has scratchbuilt arms in different poses. I have no before pics as I converted this about a year ago, but can I post a pic of a blackreach boss/dethkopta instead?

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, Oath 8 Burnas and 1 Slaver (GW) for July.

Before:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath Complete

Close up of the Slaver and 2 burnas

Detektuv Jurnal:

I cut the Grabba-stik off and added a hand-axe. The grabba was given a new shaft and attached to his back:

Before:
After:

Themed group for the Burnas.

Backstory:

Grodslab booted the empty shell case, it vanished amongst the towering piles of scrap, clanging and rattling as it went. What kind of Ork used a shoota? Grodslab never understood all the Dakka ladz. Nothing, absolutely nothing beat getting in close and letting rip with a burna.

He felt his finger tense on the trigger of his burna and he found himself staring at Snikklerip in front of him. The temptation to burn him was so powerful that Grodslab was already sweating. Before he could act, there was an explosion of steel and scrap, sending debris tumbling down around them.

With a screeching roar, a massive Squig burst forth. Easily taller than a deffdred, it tore Snikklerip in half before the Boy could react. Already prepared, Grodslab planted his foot and pulled the trigger, not realizing he was laughing maniacally as the flames from his burna detonated the tank of oil attached to Snikklerip's corpse. His laugh grew louder and louder as chunks of seared flesh landed around him. Spitting out the stub of a cigar he turned to the others.
“Right ladz, time for a Barbecue”

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 31, 2013

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, Oath 1 Nob Biker and 6 vehicle damage markers/objective markers All are GW.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Raphus C, Oath complete:

Detektiv's Jurnal:
There is scratched paintwork all over the bike and dirt plastered everywhere.

This marker also has rust:

I rolled a 6!...or a 20...or maybe an 01 - There are 6 vehicle damage markers. I have craters and removable weapons for the rest.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Bavius posted:

Oath complete omg!

E: I didn't have time before this tourny to base or add my name. If anyone could help me out by adding Bavius to it?

Here you go:

Copy the image for yourself.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, Oath 1 Battlewagon, with Dethrolla and Kannon. I Bikernob, 1 Warboss on bike and 1 Nob with bigchoppa and combi-skorcha. All are GW (40k).

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
40k Vote Irving Washington. It is a hard choice, but this model struck me.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Raphus C, Oath complete

Battlewagon:

Warboss:

Biker Nob

Nob:

Freehand = all the checks and hazard stripes + the flames on the Wagon and bikes.

Fly your flag for the Waaagh banner on the bike.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Wow, congrats to everyone on this page because the painting here is fantastic. Slimnoid, that OSL is inspiring.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

krushgroove posted:

Double-posting because what the hell, but if anyone is in the Nottingham area Friday afternoon/evening myself and a couple of my 40K buddies will be at Warhammer World to take in the sites, try a Belly Buster and probably play some Kill Team games. Drop me a PM or email if you want to meet up! krushgroove169 at gmail

Don't tempt me, I may be able to make it, transporting my stuff would be a hassle though. PM me with details.

I Raphus C Oath 3 Nob Bikers (All GW)for August:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Raphus C Oath Complete

Jurnal: The pink shoulder guard and the pink flower.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, oath 4 Nobbikers, 7 Stormboyz and 7 Shoota-Boyz, all GW:

Individual units:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Detektuv's Jurnal is the awful mop of greenstuffed hair on the Nob, the front-rider:

Greenstuffing a bad afro, look at what you have made me do.

In Battle!

These are pics of the Boyz from my June Oath in battle as part of a green tide against a horde of unpainted Eldar:

Sorry for the bad pics but it was my phone. You can tell them apart by their shoulder plates. Hazard Stripes!

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 16, 2013

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphuc C oath: 4 tankbustas(GW):

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Raphus C, Oath complete

Detektiv's Jurnal:

The Tankbusta on the far right has his Rokkitlauncha painted in NMM.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, oath 4 Stormboyz (GW)

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete

Detektiv's Jurnal:

The light from the flame colours his backside

Edited for username

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 27, 2014

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Both of you guys are missing usernames in your oath complete posts: there's still time to edit them in, if you want the points for that. Post to let me know if you do that.

Done.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C oath 4 stormboyz (GW)

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Raphus C Oath complete

Detektiv's Jurnal:
One Stormboy is carrying a certain hammer used by a certain Marvel superhero.

Strike a pose:

To: Administratum of Inquisitor Kreven
Message: Runes found on Charadon after dispersal of Greenskin camp. Preliminary analysis of sample indicates the possible presence of Chaotic artefact. Further translation pending.

Sample start:

Bogrod's Jurnal, day 19 of the Blaktoof campaign

Torug found the hamma in some Ummy temple. All the ummies were screamin about it belonging to some God. Ummies is stupid if they think Gork or Mork would use somethin that weedy. […] We smacked the temple around good an propa to show em[...]

Bogrod's Jurnal, day [...]

Tell u wot, Torug's hamma is propa smashy. Yagak got hit half way across the landin strip. I lost all me teef to [...] was worf every one to see that.

The Kaptin found out about Torug's hamma. He was moanin about the lack of disciplin and the holes all ova the landin strip. So now there is gonna be a contest between the Kaptin and Torug, the loser fills in the holes! But I don't hav no teef!!!!

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Do I have to do the conversions after I post the models or would a model I have converted before be acceptable if it is suitably explained? I have a few heavily converted models I am looking to oath.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I oath 5 Stormboyz and Wazdakka, all GW. Wazdakka is converted from a Deffkopta, Landspeeder, Battlewagon and other various bits/plasticard. I have a picture before I primed so that you can make out the parts.

Beforeish

I haven't included the banner in the oath.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Under 15 posted:

Bonus pictures of my carpet in action, since Grumlok doesn't fit in the front rank:

This looks fantastic.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath Complete:

Jurnal:

The gun was made from plasticard tubing and has the bullets from the OOP Ork Bikes and an exhaust from the newer Ork bikes. I used greenstuff to make the belt holding the bullets.

You can see the engines from a Landspeeder on the back of the model. I cut some of the plastic away and glued them onto the back of the Dethkopta. There was greenstuff and pining involved with plasticard to hide a few seams. The big exhaust on the bike is made from plasticard tubing with holes drilled in.

The base of the kit is a deffkopter and Wazdakka's upper body is made from a Blackreach Nob. His legs and one arm are from the Dethkopta kit.

The wheels on the bike are from the Battlewagon kit. Wazdakka's head is from the Black Ork set. I made the Powerklaw from the 2 Ork chainswords and some choppas. The part of the bike between the two front forks is plasticard as is the shield for the front wheel.

This grot is from the New stormboyz kit. I built the tankard out of plasticard and greenstuff. The front forks are made from greenstuff with wire and plasticard tubing cut out for armour plates. The Fuel tank is from the Ork battleforce.

Box art

The stormboy nob:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1060178

I converted the model a little but kept the same scheme.

Stormboyz boxart

Again, I have messed around with the arms and the heads but I kept the same scheme.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Mar 20, 2014

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, Oath 3 Flashgitz, 5 StormBoyz and a Weirdboy - all GW + 28mm

Flashgitz, the answer to "what the gently caress do I do with all those Black reach Nobz".

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I Raphus C make an additional oath, 1 Ork Shoota boy (GW):

Original oath:

Raphus C posted:

I, Raphus C, Oath 3 Flashgitz, 5 StormBoyz and a Weirdboy - all GW + 28mm

Flashgitz, the answer to "what the gently caress do I do with all those Black reach Nobz".

Here are the other models of my oath:

Flashgitz

They are converted with freehanding on the shoulderpads and banners.

StormBoyz

There is freehanding with the hazard stripes on the rokkit packs and some of the weapons.

Weirdboy

There is OSL on his cloak/arms and he has been converted from a Blackreach nob with a sculpted torso

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath Complete

Shootaboy:

I am claiming Speedpainting for this one:

Flashgitz

They are converted with freehanding on the shoulderpads and banners.

StormBoyz

There is freehanding with the hazard stripes on the rokkit packs and some of the weapons.

Weirdboy

There is OSL on his cloak, arms and boots. He has also been converted from a Blackreach nob with a sculpted torso, a sculpted brain with greenstuff fire everywhere. There is also a Squig that has been converted to be holding a chain. A quick, cheap and dirty conversion.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Under 15 posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

This is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Monoliths posted:

Hey, thanks, that's nice to read after a long day. Full disclosure: I have a big ol' drippy Nurglecrush on your dudes. The recent defense line and plague drones (heldrakes?) are loving fantastic particularly, though I remember gawking at just a single plaguebearer many moons ago.

Anyways:

:shroom::shroom:TWELFTH OATH COMPLETE:shroom::shroom:

This is drat fine work.

There are so many armies in this thread that make me want to win the Euromillions, pack my armies in a jet and fly around rolling dice from continent to continent.

If I was BillGates rich I would have a jet with poo poo-hot tables*, gently caress finding a decent club, bring it to the skies above you!

Priorities.

*I would not actually do this.

Raphus C fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 30, 2014

• Locked thread