Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath that I will paint this GW Eldar Heavy Weapon Platform Team

2x Eldar Guardians, and 1 Eldar Heavy Weapon Platform with all five weapon options

Awwww, it's a baby!
Not only is this my first oath, these are the first 3 minis I have ever assembled, and this will be the first model of any kind I have painted in almost 15 years

Themed Group: Aside from matching my planned army theme of glow in the dark Yme-Loc (Orange/Grey), after assembly I noticed the mask with visor looked like Daft Punk, so my Platform will in fact be manned by Daft Punk.

I think my Eldar might be too pretty for Detektuv's Jurnal, but I'll try.

Edit: Clarified Themed Group

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

My oath photo has the standard unpainted GW bases in it, but with the weathering thing I've had an idea, and gone and ordered some other equally blank and unpainted, but slightly more suited to what I'm trying to do 3rd party bases. Is that going to be a problem oath wise?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Is the Vallejo water 'foam' stuff just thick white paint or something?

I'm using the Vallejo water effects in my current oath, it's basically mayonnaise that dries clear, though the thicket it is the longer it takes to clear. Sculpts pretty easy too, though I've made some minor mistakes and learned for next time. Not done yet, still have all my dry brushing to do!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Oath Complete! :woop:

You all make me feel inadequate, but here goes, best lighting I could arrange under the circumstances

I painted their helmets like Daft Punk, because the silver one had a visor just begging to be painted like that.

Eldar by day...

...and by night. Yep, that's my gimmick.

Frost all over the anti-grav bits

Awwww, a BABY! I've learned a lot with these, I plan to do better next time

Detektuv's Jurnal: Weathering The bases were meant to be a clear glacier on a light blue base, lightly dusted with white, but the Vallejo water effects just doesn't want to clear up yet. So it's more snow than Glaicer right now. Also the frost on the Grav platform anti-grav parts.

Backstory: Where their fellow squad members had disappeared to, they could not say. Because they were harder, better, faster and stronger, the Warlock had instructed them to take the platform to an advantageous position, ready to flank a greenskin walker while the squad attacked from the front... yet that attack never arrived, and the walker moved on. They wandered for weeks, all around the world it seemed, lending their aid to groups of aspect warriors as they searched. Finally, the Autarch in charge of the expedition sounded the general recall to the war portal, the mission accomplished, the ancient corrupted mon'keigh AI system derezzed. Deciding to look just one more time before leaving this world, the crew heard heavy gunfire in the distance. Swiftly making their way to towards the sound, they finally discovered their squad - backs against the wall, pinned by one of the greenskins ugly tanks. The crew sited the weapon, and aimed it at the rear of the tank - their squad was about to get lucky...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Germ posted:

Wow! Gimmick or no, that is loving cool. Well done!

Thanks! Gonna do my whole army like that, so look out for when I oath my Scorpion Mk II Super Heavy :mmmhmm:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath these 8 Guardians, Wave Serpent, and Crew Chief (Guardian-Dire Avenger custom mash up) for 40k from GW

(couldn't get the date readable at 640x so made it a timg 1280)

Going for Themed Group, as these 8 Guardians (plus the gun crew I oathed last month) comprise one squad, and the tank is their dedicated transport, all once again in my glow in the dark Yme-Loc craftworld with ice world bases theme.

The Crew Chief is in pieces under the Guardians. It's a Guardian legs and body, unhelmeted Guardian head, gun crew left arm, Dire Avenger Exarch right arm with shuriken pistol and Dire Avenger Exarch dagger, and I plan to make him decoration by installing him in the back door of the Wave Serpent as the gruff but dependable Crew Chief shouting at everyone to embark or disembark faster, we don't have all day damnit, so I'm going to claim Conversion and wait for a judgment on whether it counts or not.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

Manufacturer/scale, please?

Yeah those are Forgeworld Shadow Spectres for 40k, 28mm

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 3, 2013

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

I have twelve blisters to give away this year, only to goons who paint Corvus Belli. If we keep at this rate, it's almost a guaranteed prize! I'd love to see more of you painting these attractive figures!

Incentive to grab an Aleph something I'd been dicing over when I order some more bases and paints end of the month.

Also, where has this month gone? I haven't started yet...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

40k Vote

This was tough

Brock Samsonite

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Oath Complete because who needs sleep

Complete with red and green port and starboard front and back, for that tricky night time navigation

Claiming Detectuv's Jurnal with this Yme-Loc crraftworld rune

This is my conversion, the best photo I can get because horrible Chinese ebayers mean my battery clip for internal lighting still hasn't arrived a month later, that's my half avenger half guardian crew chief you can almost see

I'm too tired to remember if I should be claiming anything else

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

Your glow-in-the-dark thing is really cool, but I definitely don't have a valid before/after set of photos of your conversion here. For Before I need to see the specific model (or parts) before it's converted, and then for "after" I need to see the model after the conversion work is done (and this can be before or after you've painted it, although before you paint it may be easier for me to see the exact modifications you've made). In this case, I have your oath photo (a big pile of plastic) and then this glow in the dark patchwork of glowy bits. I can't really even guess at what conversion work you've done.

I wish someone had pointed that out when I asked if I'd done it right in my oath photo, but ok! I'll remember that for my next Serpent.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

I'm sorry. It might be because there's no requirement that the before/after photos of a conversion be in the original Oath post; you can post them whenever, including in your final oath complete post (and some people have done that).

No worries, can't even see my stupid little space elf in the back of the tank anyway, next time I'll wait for China air mail to arrive before oathing something.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Now that the post has arrived with my new paints and some Infinity models, which I was clever enough to buy because nobody else has been... oh :saddowns: ... well at least I got my Marauder paint, so now

I, NTRabbit, oath that I will paint
  • 3 Eldar War Walkers for Warhmmer 40k by GW
  • 1 Cyriss Cipher Heavy Vector for Warmachine by Privateer Press
  • 1 Aleph Nagas and 1 Aleph Asuras for Infinity by Corvus Belli
  • 4 Marauder Guards, 6 Marauder Jacks and 1 Dreaded Ball for Dreadball by Mantic

The Marauders are part of a Dreadball team, so will be done as a themed group

Will also be going for the Jurnal, thanks to our green skinned detectuv's brush with rule 63 I think I have a good idea (which forced me to up the model count this month :orks:), and going to make a stab at box art on one of the Aleph models, but not claiming unless I get there.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

(so liquids and sharp things aren't a problem) why not :)

I can just see you explaining to a friendly TSA agent as he removes the scalpel and flammable liquids from your bag "But I made an oath to my people that I would complete this task!" :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

counterspin posted:

Oath Complete

Dem dead links

Also, crunch time, only got my PP one finished so far, trying to figure out the best way to give some depth to the pink

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I mixed Vallejo GC Off White and MC Sunset Red to make my pink, because it was better than buying a pink I won't use much beyond this

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

enri posted:

Did anyone specifically use a pink paint?! I used a red wash over a bone basecoat then had a few highlights with the same bone colour later on.

I do have some pinks, just didn't fancy using them :D

I don't really have a FLGS, I buy from Combat Company over the net, and I'd already made my order for the month when the Jurnal was announced and didn't feel like spending on another package for one paint, otherwise I might have. Only other pink I have is MC Light Flesh, which isn't all that pink!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:frogsiren: Oath Complete :frogsiren:

Claiming Detektuv's Jurnal and themed group for my Dreadball team of 4x Guards and 6x Jacks, the Ashworld Thunderorx - named and painted for the most dangerous creature on their world, a pink airborne hunting invertebrate known as the Thunder Squid. Or possibly for my local team.

My showy glowy Yme-Loc army rolls on with a squadron of three War Walkers

gently caress Infinity minis forever what kind of masochist paints these things voluntarily :wtc: I tried to box art for both of them but fully understand if it isn't paid, I think I'll sit those on a shelf as a reminder to not buy any more until I'm a million times better at painting

Convergence of Cyriss Cipher heavy Vector

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

But... pretty space elves don't have facial hair :ohdear:

This is going to take some thought... I too wish to know if I can paint the beard on something that already has a beard!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

Goon (and judge) Bachtere will paint one human-sized 28mm figure for: NTRabbit!

:holy: Winner! :holy:

Still figuring out what my oath this month will be, but there will be one, oh yes, even if I have to paint some of this new terrain I'm assembling right now by hand (don't own an airbrush)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath for November 3 Eldar Vyper Jetbikes for 40k by GW, and 4 Corporation Strikers, 4 Corporation Jacks, 2 Corporation Guards, 1 Referee and 1 Dreaded Ball for Dreadball by Mantic

The Dreadball team shall once again be a themed group, this time with another local sports team for colour inspiration.

One Guard and the Referee will be for the Jurnal, though you can only make out the luscious new greenstuff locks on the referee at this distance.

I'm also doing a conversion on the Vypers, and since I think i mucked it up last time, I'll put the preconversion picture both here and in my oath complete post for good measure

I'll also save the explanation for why until my oath complete post, but that's a heavy-weapon style Shuriken cannon that will have wave serpent weapon guards glued to the sides and metal to the top, so that it can attach to the magnet i'll be cutting room for underneath the hulls, on all three bikes.

Waiting for the go ahead, plan to speed paint the Referee

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

NTRabbit's top tip for top painters, don't run out of primer at 8:30pm on a Saturday night after promising to speed paint :eng99:

(Had just enough left for the ref though, all systems go until the stores open)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Indolent Bastard posted:

Is this supposed to be just the theme models or all the models for October? Either way it isn't right for my models. I only see one picture and that one picture isn't my monthly theme model.

I see 4 photos of yours if I click all photos instead of highlights

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Claiming for Speed Painting!

I was painting two of the same model in my oath, so I put them both in the start photo to prove I wasn't playing switcharoos, but only painted one for the speed paint challenge.

This after I speed painted my referee, got distracted, and forgot to take a timestamped complete photo until 5 minutes after my deadline :downs:

Also, I really like how the camera makes each and every part of it look terrible :(

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:catdrugs: OATH COMPLETE :catdrugs:

Introducing the Parade Syndicate Redlegs!

The ball is in there too. Also themed group

The Jacks

The Strikers

The Guards

Wait... isn't that Lars Mortlock? The Redlegs starting guard so manly that not only does he sport his epic Fu Manchu outside of his armour, but by gazing upon its lustrous visage you and your significant other have both just been impregnated? Jurnal by the way.

The Referee

Referee Bot A1-3PH was so enamoured with the cyberpunk hairdo of a passing spectator that she went to the wig bot and got one of her very own. Other half of the Jurnal

Now for the extras, this is the conversion on my Vypers - it has a hulll mounted twin shuriken launcher, which can be upgraded to a cannon, and a rear mounted cannon, which can be upgraded to any of the Eldar heavy weapons. Stupidly the kit comes with no front cannon upgrade and only the rear cannon with no other heavy weapons, so I used Wave Serpent weapon guards, some magnets and my knife to turn the rear cannon into an underslung front mount upgrade. Which is why they all have no weapons at the back, they'll borrow previously oathed ones.

Speed Painting I posted earlier, reposted for good measure

Immediate Edit: Missed my name on one photo :ohdear:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Nov 30, 2013

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

krushgroove posted:

Sorry, GMT is a constant and doesn't change, but you'll have a really easy entry for the Save Da Whales this month!

Fixed now, basically the tutorial mentioned in the second link is the first link.

So... I can take that tutorial and apply it to any colour I want right? Because I was planning on making all my Eldar meleee weapons green rather than grey.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I liked many, but my vote is going to go to Matgash because that beaky biker smurf looks outstanding

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, Oath that for December I will paint
  • 5 Howling Bansheers and 1 Howling Banshee Exarch for 40k by GW
  • 1 Armoured Wide Container, 1 Armoured Long Container, 1 Armoured Shipping Cube, 2 Windowed Long Containers, 2 5" Walkways, 1 BBQ Lizard Shack, 1 Radar Array, 1 Communications Array, 2 Large Ammo Boxes and 6 Medium Ammo Boxes by Underground Lasers

The terrain is 28mm scale, but I stuck a pot of Citadel paint on there as a known size reference, is that cool?

Was going to do a bunch of minis and a little terrain, but work is slammed and Xmas demands shopping hours, just not enough time to do any more squads. Oath addition if things lighten up before NYE.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It is with great sadness I must announce a failed oath. Too many hours at work this month, behind on my studies, and I managed to oath too much again. Disappointing too, because I'm quite pleased with how the stuff I have managed to finish has gone. I'll be saving da whales in January.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Query about Savin da Whales - last month I oathed a bunch of terrain and a squad of Fire Dragons, currently all of the terrain is in some state of paint from half done to finished, but the Fire Dragons I completely ran out of time on and all they have on them is one coat of white primer. Can I save da whales on the terrain and reoath the Dragons, or do I need to whale the lot?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Thanks, I'll probably save da whales on the lot, and post as soon as I pick one or two Deadzone spacemans to be the actual January oath.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, hereby oath for January 1 Marauder Ripper Suit "Mauler", and 1 Marauder Ripper Suit "Rainmaker" from Deadzone by Mantic

They are 28mm scale, but my handsome Orx friends are on 40mm bases and give GW Orks weapon envy :orks101:

These minis are ineligible for the special monthly competition put on in honour of and to promote the new Skirmish game Deadzone, because I'm the one sponsoring it with the prize :woop:

I'll also be Savin da whales on my oath from last month, here's a wip

One query, can I claim one time bonuses from da whales? Had intended on doing the gaming tokens one with the crates.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:ducksiren: OATH COMPLETE :ducksiren:

I completed my oath for January, but didn't finish my whales, hopefully that doesn't impact this oath and I can try again next month?

Claiming Jurnal, evuhdense bilow

"I'm going to maul you"

OSL around the grenade

OSL around the port on the gun

First time I've tried some flock on a base

OSL light from the gun port shining on his side

Parts List
Mauler:
White Knight Squirts Quick Dry Flat Black Enamel
VMC Natrual Steel
VMC Beige Brown
VGC Sick Green
VGC Ultramarine Blue
VGC Moon Yellow
VGC Off White
Citadel Ceramite White
Citadel Nuln Oil
P3 Meredius Blue
Hobby Color Red
Hobby Color Flat Black
Hobby Color Tan
Secret Weapon Pigments Patina Blue
Secret Weapon Pigments Faded Blue

Rainmaker:
as above (minus the yellow) plus
VMC Medium Sea Grey
VMC German Camouflage Dark Green
VMC German Camouflage Beige WWII
VMC Transparent Red
Citadel Druchii Violet

Bases:
Basius basing pad Baker Street: ∞ AD
Kneadatite
White Knight Squirts Quick Dry Flat White Enamel
VMC Medium Sea Grey
VMC German Camouflage Medium Brown
VGC Wolf Grey
Hobby Color Flat Black
P3 Bloodstone
Citadel Typhus Corrosion
Army Painter Battlefields Wasteland Tuft

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm honestly surprised about the lack of :spergin: about what the 4th wall is.

I have NO clue how to get that going on my minis for this month, but I;m going to oath them ASAP anyway.

I have a couple of resin sprues of random scifi and fantasy bits that came with my Basisus KS, gonna use some of those. Trouble is finding a mini in my box that it actually works for. By which I mean I need to find a mini that doesn't look too far when I put a bottle of rum in its hand.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I admire the dedication in using your wrist as a base, what colour are you going to paint it? :v:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for February 5 Rangers and one Farseer for 40k by GW, and 8 cubes with 16 inserts by Antenocitis Workshop for Deadzone (28mm)

Cubes are objective crates, will claim I rolled a 6

I will also once again attmpt to save da whales from December

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, oath one MSA-003 NEMO (Bandai, 1/144), one Z-Class ship (Tamiya, 1/700)

Wait, you mean I can oath regular hobby kit stuff too?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Dagon posted:

Paint everything, make Leperflesh add a million categories in the scale and manufacturer section of the spreadsheet.

I have two Gundams, a 1/35 M18 Hellcat and a couple of 1/48 and 1/72 aircraft and tanks from about 6 different manufacturers that need doing :unsmigghh:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

OK so we need to do the voting for January's non-40k-miniature contest! Basically if you painted any figures in January that weren't for Warhammer 40k, you're entered and get to vote. That's, uh, quite a lot of you!

Once again I forget who is the goon who donated the prize, and therefore isn't eligible. I also don't remember what the prize is. Krushgroove if you can remind us what the prize is and who donated it, I'll get the list of eligible voters posted up today.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161&pagenumber=99&perpage=40#post423873234 :ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Iris of Ether posted:

I, Iris of Ether, oath The Emperor from Crocodile Games. (28mm scale)

I'm making an oath addition of a drum set from Reaper Miniatures (28mm scale).

I like where this is going :v:

• Locked thread