Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

i use redmine its p sw8 even though its ruby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

i just had to initialize a VM and install git and set up a blank repo and manage accounts for ppl to use it. it took me like half a day and it works but i can still safely say that i dont know what the gently caress

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

theres a lot of technically correct things in C++ that nobody should ever do

like code c++

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

Shaggar posted:

anytime web "developers" say a thing you can assume the opposite is true.

as a webdev, shaggar was right

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

Shaggar posted:

well thats also true. you should use java and you should never implement your own sort.

in one class i had to write merge sort in scheme :suicide:

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

Shaggar posted:

just copy an existing implementation anyways.

pls dont reveal the secret of my college career

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

Shaggar posted:

java is probably the best lang to learn you some algorithms n' data structures because collections is pretty good.

yes but the complete opposite

if you make anyone learn anything conceptual with java, they already dont know what they are doing, then they end up on the oracle documentation website, and they will probably quit cs right then and there

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

if you'r;e using php it sounds like its going completely by the book

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

no you dont get it, thats exactly how php webdev plays out. you could i guess import your work into some php content management system but literally every single one is garbage and it sounds like you'd lose or be forced to rewrite a lot of your stuff at this point.

lmao, tables and inline css.

the only fix is a rope and a sturdy rafter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Socracheese
Oct 20, 2008

hi i'd like to publish my novel, i painted all the words on the side of a burning shed, in sanskrit, whats a simple way to just automatically put my book onto amazon?

• Locked thread