Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Johnny Truant posted:

"censorship of ideas is a slippery slope"
"i think we should be able to discriminated against people so we don't have to provide them a necessary human right"

reallllllllllly hope the guillotines are televised cause I will tune in to yours

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Don't get me wrong I know this might be one of those, "in a gentle way you can shake the world" kinds of things but if you've really got beef with the institution of renting property for money why don't you take it to the doorstep of Sean Dobson or something instead of stampeding in on a bunch of generally reasonable people who try to conduct business in a what seems to be a largely decent and evenhanded way?

That is to say, if you want to be persuasive about the inevitable injustice of renting property (and the landlord tenant relationship) - and I think you can be! - why don't you try to be a bit more nuanced and sophisticated in attempting to persuade other thinking, breathing, valid, supposedly-decent human beings of the virtue of your perspective and the folly of theirs?

Except of course if the only actual avenues remaining to be a capital "L" leftist in the United States in 2019 are 1) to radicalize, leave the country for the third world where you'll pursue your ideology sincerely but with all the creature comforts and benefits of being born privileged in history's greatest hegemony discarded like so many of your outgrown teenage identities or 2) as an insufferable ongoing performance piece in which you posture about having read, thought, considered or talked about an endlessly tedious regression of ideas about ideas about ideas and where you botch every. genuine. opportunity. to persuade those who think or feel differently than you by clumsily deploying unconvincing memes or awkward catchphrases instead of meeting them halfway from the comfortable identity you've knitted together for yourself.

Because if instead of playing a role for fun on the internet you're trying to communicate real ideas with real meaning and real importance, you should know that the rest of the baggage is insufferable.

Unless you really truly believe that the citizenry of what qualifies as "the proletariat" in 2019's United States of America is ready for armed, bloody revolution against a capital class armed with a symphony of opioids (including some actual opioids) the likes of which Marx could have never imagined.

Idgi what need does the guillotine have to negotiate with the neck?