Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Rarity posted:

The fastest way to redistribute wealth is to distribute it direct to the people that need it. Charities are so entrenched within the social system that they cannot effect the radical change that is needed because they are dependent on the upper classes continuing to bestow them funding.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

"The best way to make sure people get the help they need is to give it to them directly. The system we live in now favors the wealthy."

"Whoa buddy what the hell kind of crazy idea is this into the probate pile for you"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

baquerd posted:

If only there were some thread not intended for owners and those would like to own property for the discussion to move to. Hey, perhaps you can make one!

I will concede that most posters don't want to deny you a platform.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Speleothing posted:

Someone send me about $300(*) and I'll make the platform.

* Will need to double-check lumber prices. I hope a rope is okay, I don't have a forge

:hmmyes:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

You should charge the posters in this thread a monthly fee for this safe space.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

It's nice to know there is a "heating season" that can be worked around. Thanks, friend.

what if temperatures become increasingly unseasonable for reasons

Ramc
May 4, 2008

osker posted:

Of course, the concept of heating season gets defined by your climate zone and engineering guidelines so it isn't a number that just gets pulled out of a politician's rear end unless you live in the south or some sort of republican Galt's Gulch poo poo.

ok what if you don't live in a state where science determines that

Ramc
May 4, 2008

"hm why do people keep calling me a monster"

Ramc
May 4, 2008

that feeling when you realize the new weekend web is coming from inside the forums

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Tollymain posted:

man it sure sucks that after decades of mistreatment people are starting to think violence is inescapable

lets double down tho, surely this won't go anywhere

"haha wow you're real mad huh and say you wanna punch me you won't do it coward haha what if i take a dump on you nothing huh that's what i thought how about i take dump on your famil- oh poo poo you stabbed me"

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Droo posted:

This thread has averaged less than 1 post per day since it started, I don't really think anyone notices or cares about you guys posting in it.

On an unrelated note I am not a landlord but you all seem like you would be some nightmare tenants, maybe that's why you all have problems with your landlords. Perhaps the landlords in the thread could throw out some helpful tips on how to be a better renter?

We own our own home now but we used to rent. My spouse brought up mold concerns and was told by the building people it was just dirt but she's a scientist so she loving cultured it so if you were bad then we were bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

I mean landlords have a lot more time and money to influence politicians to pass favorable laws than their tenants do. And if the tenants do have too much time and money well landlords have one weird trick for that too.