Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

what's up leeches :c00l:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR2VDqr9koI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Jealous Cow posted:

Drop all the Marxist value of your labor bullshit and make a suggestion that would be acceptable in your worldview.

so i have a suggestion

you're not gonna like it

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Jealous Cow posted:

I see that actual wealthy people are still successfully getting us to fight amongst ourselves.

yes we are truly all proles fighting the same fight.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

oh boy the landlord thread is back hopefully this time it won't turn into a bunch of bourgie fucks talking about how to discrimi-

Something Offal posted:

I'm a supporter of housing assistance in general, but Wiggly Wayne DDS you seem a bit insufferable. Landlords discriminating applications based on Section 8 status or criminal records is legal in some states and I don't think you should get to decide what is or is not 'acceptable discussion' on this here gay comedy forum. Sure if it's illegal I agree it should not be allowed in the thread, and there shouldn't be content that denigrates or attacks anybody, but other than that I don't see a need to censor people's opinions.

oh. welp :v:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 24, 2019

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Don't get me wrong I know this might be one of those, "in a gentle way you can shake the world" kinds of things but if you've really got beef with the institution of renting property for money why don't you take it to the doorstep of Sean Dobson or something instead of stampeding in on a bunch of generally reasonable people who try to conduct business in a what seems to be a largely decent and evenhanded way?

That is to say, if you want to be persuasive about the inevitable injustice of renting property (and the landlord tenant relationship) - and I think you can be! - why don't you try to be a bit more nuanced and sophisticated in attempting to persuade other thinking, breathing, valid, supposedly-decent human beings of the virtue of your perspective and the folly of theirs?

Except of course if the only actual avenues remaining to be a capital "L" leftist in the United States in 2019 are 1) to radicalize, leave the country for the third world where you'll pursue your ideology sincerely but with all the creature comforts and benefits of being born privileged in history's greatest hegemony discarded like so many of your outgrown teenage identities or 2) as an insufferable ongoing performance piece in which you posture about having read, thought, considered or talked about an endlessly tedious regression of ideas about ideas about ideas and where you botch every. genuine. opportunity. to persuade those who think or feel differently than you by clumsily deploying unconvincing memes or awkward catchphrases instead of meeting them halfway from the comfortable identity you've knitted together for yourself.

Because if instead of playing a role for fun on the internet you're trying to communicate real ideas with real meaning and real importance, you should know that the rest of the baggage is insufferable.

Unless you really truly believe that the citizenry of what qualifies as "the proletariat" in 2019's United States of America is ready for armed, bloody revolution against a capital class armed with a symphony of opioids (including some actual opioids) the likes of which Marx could have never imagined.

i didn't read any of this

also i'm doing this at work and earning a cool paycheck while pretending to be productive at my bullshit job so i'm killing two landlord birds with one proletarian stone.

also i fight for tenant and worker rights daily and it tends to get preempted by the state of Texas constantly! what a loving shock! it's almost like the whole system is designed to, i don't know, consolidate wealth and power at the top while using state violence and brutality to keep the masses in check or something?!