Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

CNN Sports Ticker posted:

Who wants in for a big game of Racer Feud? It's a more the merrier type thing.

I'm in, GC username is the exact same as my username here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crackbone posted:

It's really, really well done. The only gripe is that the role selection screen spans more than 1 "screen", so you have to scroll back and forth to see everything. Even that's not a big deal though.

I don't even think that gripe is valid because the physical version of the game takes up most of my 6-person dining room table for ANY number of players, or at least feels like it! Plus the role selection in the game is THREE BOARDS. Expecting that to be shrunk into on screen is asking a bit much.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh, I won the inaugural Racer Feud Goon Prix because everyone else crashed out. :toot: Was about twenty spaces from the finish, though.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

NRVNQSR posted:

What options does the iOS Agricola give you for selecting occupations and minor improvements? Does it support drafting them, or choosing subsets to play with?

Draft, 10-3 (draw ten, discard 3), or random. No subsets, but when the other sets come out you'll be able to enable/disable just like in Playdek's Ascension.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
SolForge just popped on Steam under an early access deal. $20 to get in, and you get 20 booster packs when the game goes live. I don't have an iPad but is SolForge considered "worth it"?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I found it fun enough with a big group of friends, but the app's presentation is a little different than I was expecting.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you're not actively loving others over in Carc you're not playing to win, plain and simple. :colbert:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

PFlats posted:

My wife doesn't play Carc with me any more :(

This is why in my house we have Glen More. Carc-style tile-laying but with fiddly economy bits! :eng101:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Junkie Disease posted:

Puerto Rico and San Juan are 99 cents for a limited time anyone know about the curse of the assassin games by tin man games?

I can't find Puerto Rico in the App Store. :confuoot: Is it by the same publisher as San Juan?

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Damnit

pinacotheca posted:

It's iPad only, I think, so if you're searching for it on an iPhone, that's why.

Damnit, they managed to cram Le Havre on this thing, there's little excuse for screwing us smaller-screened folk! :argh:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Le Havre is hilariously cluttered on iPhone, don't bother unless you REALLY like the board game.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, $0.99 for Le Havre is great. Surely it will erase the line between the havres and the havre nots. :downsrim:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quickpull posted:

Get rid of it an the game is just waiting to see who gets lucky the most.

This, sadly, is boardgames to the monopoly crowd.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The tile count and the resulting X'd out tiles are just applying publicly available game state info faster than a human can. Because it's a turn-based game the speed you figure out the game state doesn't matter. It's nothing but a time advantage, and having it turned off only benefits spergs.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I got really excited for Suburbuia (one of my favorites lately) but iPad only. :(

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ropes4u posted:

Is San Juan worth 99 cents, it just went on sale.

I bought it at that price last time it went that low and enjoyed the heck out of it for like 3 or 4 months, so in my opinion yes.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Grabbed Waterdeep, poo poo rules. Bit cramped on my iPhone 4, but still great to play. I actually had bought the game for my brother for Christmas but we have yet to play it together.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

EightFlyingCars posted:

It's not griefing it's just good strategy

It's also the proper, interactive way to play, as opposed to everyone playing Ye Olde SimCity in their respective corners of the playfield. :colbert:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

durty posted:

Oh god. Most exciting news ever....

Racer feud 2 is being made at the moment!!

GOTY. I'm calling it now

Ahahahha.

Hah. :smith:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

POCKET CHOMP posted:

If you're asking how it actually plays on a phone, it's a bit small, which is hectic during shipbuilding in a live game. Turn based I'd imagine it's fine.

Had some trouble getting to going with my friend on Android tonight, but other games were still working.

As long as it's less cluttered than Le Havre is on a phone, I'm game. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

dropkickpikachu posted:

Argh why does this have to be iPad only

This sums up my reaction to half the "X is on sale!" posts in here. :(:respek::(

• Locked thread