Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

RageBeef posted:

I would be getting this on Steam if I wasn't already going to be picking it up along with my PS4 on release.

Are there going to be any sticks available for PS4 or Xbone on launch?

I figure I'll wait for GG Xrd before I get either of the new consoles, by then there will be good sticks too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BannedNewbie
Apr 22, 2003

HOW ARE YOU? -> YOSHI?
FINE, THANK YOU. -> YOSHI.

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Are there going to be any sticks available for PS4 or Xbone on launch?

I figure I'll wait for GG Xrd before I get either of the new consoles, by then there will be good sticks too.

At the very least the XBOne is getting a killer instinct stick at launch. I don't know about the PS4 though.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

PS3 sticks work on the PS4, so there are PS4 sticks available right now!

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Mattavist posted:

PS3 sticks work on the PS4, so there are PS4 sticks available right now!

Which ones?

Everything I'm finding says no they don't, at the very least MadCatz doesn't. Most of what I'm finding is pretty old though.

Edit:

Okay, this says:

quote:

[USB Controllers] Not compatible, however publishers may decide to enable them on a title-by-title basis.
So I guess they will probably work, but we'll have to see.

Mr.Unique-Name fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 5, 2013

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Oh, I was going off tweets from Sony people from a month or two ago. Maybe they are liars.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I know it's not much, but I'll be grabbing this for PC. I don't happen to have any consoles anymore, so I am glad that MK did well enough for this to get a port to.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
If anyone is up for some PS3 superhero punching before the PS4 launch (and likely on PS4 after launch), I'll be around under PSN tag TempusRimeblood. I'm usually on after 9PM Eastern most nights, if that helps. My Arrow is not great, but I'm trying to learn. :shobon:

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
If anyone is around, I'm more than happy to set up a goon room.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Depending on my situation after November 16, I will absolutely join you for PS4 Injustice. GT: Hardlywalken.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Sooo.... does anyone know if PS3 users get to play with PS4/Vita newcomers?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am trying to decide whether to make this my "Get one free" PS4 game. How is the single player? Is it robust as Mortal Kombat's?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am trying to decide whether to make this my "Get one free" PS4 game. How is the single player? Is it robust as Mortal Kombat's?

The story mode is probably the best DC movie I've seen in a while. :v: (Yes it's great)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yardbomb posted:

The story mode is probably the best DC movie I've seen in a while. :v: (Yes it's great)

I actually thought the story was a pretty huge step back from Mortal Kombat (never thought I'd say THAT) but the campaign mode does a good job keeping you engaged nonetheless.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The story mode is alright and very similar to MK9 in that you play a few fights as a character, watch a cutscene between each fight, switch to another character, repeat until the end. There are few mini-games that I don't think affect the story or following battles if you win/lose most of them (I think you can die in some of them, but you can just restart it). I thought the story itself was pretty entertaining at times, but it won't win any best video game story awards IMO.

There is the STARS lab that's similar to MK9's challenge tower (I think that's the name of it). I haven't done much of it, but I know a lot of people weren't big fans of it.

The arcade mode (called Battles in this game) is pretty nice since you can unlock various ways to play through that outside of the general "choose a character and fight a bunch of random opponents until you beat the final boss" including having one lifebar through the playthrough, having the game choose a random character for you to play in each fight, and one where you and your opponent are randomly nerfed/buffed in each fight.

There is a training mode that I actually used a lot more than most other fighting game training modes (mostly because I found a character I love using and want to learn how to play him better)

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Lurdiak posted:

I actually thought the story was a pretty huge step back from Mortal Kombat (never thought I'd say THAT) but the campaign mode does a good job keeping you engaged nonetheless.

Story mode is amazing if you enjoyed the DC animated shows, as it's like the ultimate reunion of all your favorite VA's. It's just alright otherwise.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I like Mortal Kombat's story a bit more, but that's not to say that Injustice was bad. Having little to no super hero knowledge going into the story didn't put me in a situation of questioning how or why characters acted the way they did.

Obeast posted:

There is the STARS lab that's similar to MK9's challenge tower (I think that's the name of it). I haven't done much of it, but I know a lot of people weren't big fans of it.

Wanted to emphasize this. The STAR Lab was inspired by the MK Challenge Tower, BUT is so much more non-fun and aggravating. I don't know why, but NRS thought it would be a good idea to do mini-games that are platformers in a fighting game engine. Most people who did complete it instantly hated it because the 'prize' for completing it is a pretty dumb skins for Flash (3 star every mission), Shazam (2 star every mission), and Lex Luther (1 star every mission).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I know this is the console thread, but I don't see one for PC yet. I just got Injustice on the PC and I can't even get through the motherfucking tutorial. I'm trying to use an old corded XBox 360 controller and it took me goddamn forever to get past the Block tutorial, and now I can't even throw a goddamn Batarang. It won't register back-forward-Y for some reason. It is driving me absolutely insane. I've tried recalibrating my controller three times now. What gives?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

New Leaf posted:

I know this is the console thread, but I don't see one for PC yet. I just got Injustice on the PC and I can't even get through the motherfucking tutorial. I'm trying to use an old corded XBox 360 controller and it took me goddamn forever to get past the Block tutorial, and now I can't even throw a goddamn Batarang. It won't register back-forward-Y for some reason. It is driving me absolutely insane. I've tried recalibrating my controller three times now. What gives?

Are you using the D-pad or the analog stick? I've always found D-pads are better for fighters, but the 360's pad is garbage, so that may not be the case here.

I've been playing this at a friend's place, since I don't own my own copy, and even though I can hold my own (okay, I'm the only one that routinely plays fighters, so I usually win), but I can't figure out what circle on the PS3 version does for the life of me. Googling hasn't given me results, either. Can someone just give me a super-quick rundown? All I can see is "power move" and it usually seems to do nothing obvious.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Are you using the D-pad or the analog stick? I've always found D-pads are better for fighters, but the 360's pad is garbage, so that may not be the case here.

I've been playing this at a friend's place, since I don't own my own copy, and even though I can hold my own (okay, I'm the only one that routinely plays fighters, so I usually win), but I can't figure out what circle on the PS3 version does for the life of me. Googling hasn't given me results, either. Can someone just give me a super-quick rundown? All I can see is "power move" and it usually seems to do nothing obvious.

Trying both.. neither are working out for me. I got further using the keyboard, but gently caress that on a fighting game. Ugh.. I waited so long for this goddamn game to hit PC, seems like I wasted my money. Maybe I need to invest in a generic game controller or something.

Edit: Yeah, just ordered a Logitech controller. I think this 360 one sat in a drawer bured under stuff too long, even after calibrations the straight left and right on the controller seems to register that I'm aiming slightly downward. The Logitech controllers have the Playstation style D-pad with disconnected buttons that I've always preferred.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 14, 2013

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Each character has a unique little ability they get from pushing that button. Like for instance Batman's make little bats orbit around him, Green Arrow can switch to ice arrows, Wonder Woman can switch to sword and shield, etc. It should've been covered in the tutorial.

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

I finally got the ultimate edition running on my PC. Something I've noticed playing with the keyboard is that the move list will list moves by their keybinds, making (for instance) the cape parry S A L instead of, say, < v H or bd3. I'd settle for the directions just being arrows instead. Hopefully someone will be able to mod this or something.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Which characters are you playing? We can tell you what circle does for your characters, but as mentioned, it varies by individual, and you can check out stuff in the pause/moves menu.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

raditts posted:

Each character has a unique little ability they get from pushing that button. Like for instance Batman's make little bats orbit around him, Green Arrow can switch to ice arrows, Wonder Woman can switch to sword and shield, etc. It should've been covered in the tutorial.

Ah, okay, that makes sense then. It probably is in the tutorial, but since I only get to play at group things I haven't gotten any time with that.

Nahxela posted:

Which characters are you playing? We can tell you what circle does for your characters, but as mentioned, it varies by individual, and you can check out stuff in the pause/moves menu.

Mostly the Joker because he's basically a straight rip of Stryker from MK9, but since I'm not familiar with the game I tend to gently caress around with all sorts of guys. I'd like to learn Deathstroke but he's been a little tricky for me.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I've been playing a bunch of this as a couch game with some buddies, none of us are any good at fighting games but we all enjoy fighting with some super powered mans.

If I wanted to start playing online, how do I get "good" or just better at this game, assuming I've never really played fighters at all?

I like playing Green Arrow and Green Lantern, if that's at all relevant.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Geektox posted:

I've been playing a bunch of this as a couch game with some buddies, none of us are any good at fighting games but we all enjoy fighting with some super powered mans.

If I wanted to start playing online, how do I get "good" or just better at this game, assuming I've never really played fighters at all?

You don't. :negative:

Nah but seriously, try to watch some youtube combo/character beginner tutorials, and try to play with some skilled goons for a few sessions. Having to react to advanced tactics will help you improve your game tremendously.

Most people who are still playing online tend to have a ton of practice by this point, so don't get discouraged if you lose a ton despite practice like I did.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'd like to learn Deathstroke but he's been a little tricky for me.

The complete online guide to Deathstroke: Use more gun

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Geektox posted:

At the very least, it's a good idea to get at least one decent combo down in training mode. That way you at least have something to go for and practice when you play with people. It's not a bad idea to start out with a relatively simple combo, practice it, then move onto longer/more complex stuff once you get the initial stuff to a comfortable level. SN64 has a nice post linked in the OP for Green Lantern. Your big bread and butter will involve the Lantern lift, b13, and maybe some 223 stuff.

Also, dunno if you're familiar with the annotation system, but 1 2 3 4 and various letters refer to inputs. 1 is your light attack, 2 is your medium attack, 3 is your heavy attack, and 4 is your trait. d represents down on the dpad, b is back, f is forward, u is up.
So if someone writes something like db1, that's the annotation for pressing down, back, and light attack (Lantern lift for Green Lantern).

Mostly the Joker because he's basically a straight rip of Stryker from MK9, but since I'm not familiar with the game I tend to gently caress around with all sorts of guys. I'd like to learn Deathstroke but he's been a little tricky for me.
If I recall correctly, Joker's trait is a parry/counter move. I've never used it, though. I think it got buffed this past patch (maybe an older patch)?
Deathstroke's trait makes his bullets unblockable, but they also have a bunch of recovery added on at the end, so it's not a very useful trait to use because you become so vulnerable after shooting.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Nahxela posted:

If I recall correctly, Joker's trait is a parry/counter move.

It is, but last time I looked it's been awful from the start. Basically you parry and get 1 "HA" blip of which you can have a maximum of 3, having more means a bigger boost to something or other, but they decay hella fast and you're only gonna be able to parry so much.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
Just got this tonight too, I gotta echo just going on Eventhubs and finding a few basic combos for whoever you like, and memorizing those first. My 9 hit Joker combo of 1, 1, db+2MB, b+3, j.2, 3, 2, bf+2 LOOKS like the most ridiculous thing in the world, but it took me maybe 5 minutes to commit to memory and now any time I hit with a standing light attack they lose 34% damage. And everyone has something that crazy if not worse.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
I am really interested in getting the "ultimate edition", since I missed the game the first time around. I am probably getting this for the PS4 after launch. I need a good fighting game.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So is it just me, or is the 360 controller kind of a piece of poo poo for these games?

The analog stick is way to imprecise, and constantly interprets my side to side as "jump like a loving idiot.". Finally halfway through the tutorial, stuck on a specific combo move I started using the D-Pad, and yeah, it's better, but just barely. A solid 30-40% of my inputs are just ignored, or misinterpreted ( still jump half the time ).

Finally plugged in my DS3 and easily cleared the entire tutorial, no problems using the d-pad.

Had similar problems with MK9. I can't imagine one controller type is that off, especially since so many people play the 360 version. What am I missing?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Rookersh posted:

So is it just me, or is the 360 controller kind of a piece of poo poo for these games?

The analog stick is way to imprecise, and constantly interprets my side to side as "jump like a loving idiot.". Finally halfway through the tutorial, stuck on a specific combo move I started using the D-Pad, and yeah, it's better, but just barely. A solid 30-40% of my inputs are just ignored, or misinterpreted ( still jump half the time ).

Finally plugged in my DS3 and easily cleared the entire tutorial, no problems using the d-pad.

Had similar problems with MK9. I can't imagine one controller type is that off, especially since so many people play the 360 version. What am I missing?

Had the exact same experience. Don't have a DS so I'm ordering a Logitech game pad. Here's hoping that I can play whenever it shows up. :smith:

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Rookersh posted:

The 360 controller is pretty well-known for having a lovely d-pad. DS is much nicer. I used a Logitech myself and have no issues.

XBone controller is supposed to have a better d-pad.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
The 360 pad gave me all kinds of poo poo on MK9. Never again. I will say though, for motions like D,B you can do QCB. I don't know how this translates to the B,F motions though. Cyborg's tackle can be done QCB, F. If you switch to the "Street Fighter" input mode does it just change what is displayed for the moves?

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug
I bought this game because I love superheroes and it's been surprisingly fun. The story, while ludicrous, is really fun and I love the voice-acting talent (Kevin Conroy and Alec Baldwin, awesome!). Every hero feels pretty different and I'm enjoying it even though I suck pretty hardcore at fighting games.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Alec Baldwin is not in this game. Adam Baldwin is.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

Pillbug

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Alec Baldwin is not in this game. Adam Baldwin is.

Oops, that's what I meant. Honest mistake.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

No problem. BTW if you guys want tips or strategies or character knowledge let me know. I'm a total theory-fighter at this game - I'm older and simply don't have the time or reflexes to be a good player - but I really enjoy the poo poo out of it and watch all the tournies/follow the higher-tier players.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo
It's completely possible to play this game with a 360 pad, there are just some hiccups learning to because it requires a set of skills that you don't find in any other genera. In most games if you input a direction that's a bit off you can correct it as you move and it doesn't really matter; in this game being just a handful of degrees off means you get a jump or crouch you didn't want. There are lots of people that play at a high level on a 360 pad, but getting to that point takes time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Fenn the Fool! posted:

It's completely possible to play this game with a 360 pad, there are just some hiccups learning to because it requires a set of skills that you don't find in any other genera. In most games if you input a direction that's a bit off you can correct it as you move and it doesn't really matter; in this game being just a handful of degrees off means you get a jump or crouch you didn't want. There are lots of people that play at a high level on a 360 pad, but getting to that point takes time.

Knowing that it is hypothetically possible to use isn't a lot of comfort when my standing block can easily turn into a crouching block or a backwards jump just because the stick is being finicky, and 90% of the combos suddenly become neigh impossible unless I have the thumb dexterity of a robot.

• Locked thread