Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

gannyGrabber posted:

It's so annoying! I wish Catwoman had a ranged attack specifically for when I fight the Flash.
Learn a ranged character. I've mained Green Arrow since I played through the story mode (I haven't played all of the non-story mode characters yet, so I dunno if there's someone better than him for me), and I think I've only lost one or two or three online matches vs Flash just because I know how to keep them away for as long as I can (mostly thanks to the flame arrows, which along with the frozen arrows, learning some of his combos, and moves to keep opponents away like is qcb+2, have made me a much better GA and possibly overall fighting game player in a few ways). To be fair, I haven't encountered many of them in the short time I've played, but I already have a good idea on what to do to beat him unless someone really good knows how to get around Flash's lack of ranged attacks.

Obeast fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Interstellar Owl posted:

Are there any characters are that easier to learn and don't require perfect execution/insane combos/etc to learn for a beginner person? I've tried a bunch of people and I just have a hard time learning these insane combo strings (still haven't gotten down canceling) I see on TestYourMight
I'm not very good at fighting games, but I'm finding that Green Arrow seems to be pretty newbie friendly. He does have some combos, but they're not very hard to pull off and can do some pretty decent damage. Plus, his character power (his bow and non-elemental, electric, fire, and ice arrows you can switch between) is really good under the right circumstances.

Edit: Wow, I'm late with this... :doh:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Kombat Network is streaming some Injustice at East Coast Throwdown. I feel like I should learn Green Lantern after seeing some of these GL players dominate everyone without losing a round.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
I'm sad that I keep missing the goon rooms. :(

But, I just got called a stupid spammer who should be banned from Live by a kid in a voicemail because he can't comprehend the idea of dodging Green Arrow's flame arrows, so everything evens out in the end. :)

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Even though it'll only be online for an hour, it wouldn't hurt to see if Target or Wal-Mart can price match it (that's what I did when Toys R Us had it for $35 a couple weeks after release). Although, I'm sure they can see it was only an hour and unless you go there when the sale was going on, they probably won't do it unless they're really cool with you.

VVV Also, I think Wal-Mart has a version that includes MK vs DC Universe for the same price as the game by itself. During that $35 TRU sale, some people on CAG weren't able to get it price matched at Wal-Mart because some of the clerks and/or managers noticed it wasn't the same exact deal. I got mine price matched at Target without an ad, and even though it took a few minutes for the customer service desk to check, I still got it and the dude who helped me said he might jump on the deal, too since he didn't know about it. :)

Obeast fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 4, 2013

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

WarEternal posted:

Well that got me curious so I went to youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF3qmKsONUY

All Scorpion clash dialogue.

ed: pff, this isn't all of them! Silly misleading video titles...
Scorpion: "You are no Sub-Zero!"
Batman: "I'm Batman."

That alone is making me consider buying Scorpion (or maybe the season pass as a whole) now. I hope someone can get the rest of the clash dialogs so we can hear them. :)

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Is the Injustice server on the 360 acting up tonight? I haven't played in a while until earlier tonight (and attempted to again a little bit ago), so I dunno if this is an ongoing thing or if it's my problem (my 360 connects and stays connected just fine). I downloaded the latest compatibility pack (John Stewart Green Lantern), so I should be up to date. :confused:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

Even DLC characters are getting alts before Frost and Sinestro. :negative:
Don't forget Green Arrow, the most underrated character who is actually pretty fun to play. Even if they put that cool looking Arrow skin based on the TV show up for sale, that would be enough to make me (and the few others who main him) happy for a little bit while the popular characters a new skin every other week. :smith:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Krad posted:

I wish I knew how to use him just so I could use the Arrow skin and yell out through the mic at the beginning of every match "PIXIEDUST8746, YOU HAVE FAILED THIS CITY!"
He's really fun to play IMO. I'm not as good at fighting games compared to a lot of you guys, but I can generally hold my own against a lot of people online with him. To me, he has a good balance between ranged and melee styles while not feeling insanely cheap.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Spaceman Bill posted:

For that matter does ANYONE have new skins yet?
Green Arrow finally got his TV counterpart's skin that was a bonus for people who did some pre-release battle arena thingy (I have no idea what it was since I wasn't really following the game before release) as a free download for everyone... :shobon:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I am trying to decide whether to make this my "Get one free" PS4 game. How is the single player? Is it robust as Mortal Kombat's?
The story mode is alright and very similar to MK9 in that you play a few fights as a character, watch a cutscene between each fight, switch to another character, repeat until the end. There are few mini-games that I don't think affect the story or following battles if you win/lose most of them (I think you can die in some of them, but you can just restart it). I thought the story itself was pretty entertaining at times, but it won't win any best video game story awards IMO.

There is the STARS lab that's similar to MK9's challenge tower (I think that's the name of it). I haven't done much of it, but I know a lot of people weren't big fans of it.

The arcade mode (called Battles in this game) is pretty nice since you can unlock various ways to play through that outside of the general "choose a character and fight a bunch of random opponents until you beat the final boss" including having one lifebar through the playthrough, having the game choose a random character for you to play in each fight, and one where you and your opponent are randomly nerfed/buffed in each fight.

There is a training mode that I actually used a lot more than most other fighting game training modes (mostly because I found a character I love using and want to learn how to play him better)

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Geektox posted:

Yeah, I'm kinda having the same problem trying to learn the combos and stuff. Is there an alternative for 360 players without using a stick?
The MadCatz FightPad is my go-to controller when it comes to playing games where I want a precise d-pad. I still have my Street Fighter 4 one I got for when the PC version of that came out and I still use it from time-to-time when I want to play a fighting game either on my 360 or my PC (I actually bought it before I got my PC just because I knew 360 controllers work flawlessly on Windows). There is a smaller version out now (I think with Street Fighter X Tekken artwork on it), but it sounds like it's more or less the same as the original (which I thought was the perfect size since I have medium-large hands).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
I've been meaning to ask this, but I've been too busy and/or forgetful to post... Did they nerf (for lack of a better term) Green Arrow's super during the final animation where his opponent falls to the ground? I used to be able to do B3 every time during that point and continue a combo, but it seems like 7/10 times the B3 goes through the opponent.

I haven't really played INJ in a long time, so I dunno if it's just me being rusty, but I played a little bit to show it to my older brother a couple weeks ago and I couldn't do that to show off my mad skills as GA. I thought it might've been a little latency issue or something like that, but I tried it in practice mode and it seems like you have to actually time it. :(

mfny posted:

Wanted to play but my ps3 is dead so picked up the ultimate edition on 360 today. Gt: S1nn3rUK
Friend request sent. My GT is ZeroBeast2. I don't play as often as I used to (especially since the game seems like it's dying, which sucks since I think this is one of the best fighting games I've ever played :smith:), but if we're both online and you wanna play, I'm down. :)

• Locked thread