Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

God, I picked a bad week to get my stupid rear end probated. Anyway, stuff I missed!

Lobo: Tons of fun. Lots of great dial-a-combos. Special moves have great utility. Trait is a bit "meh" but it has a ton of uses. I'm probably not going to main him, but he's a great addition.

Batgirl: Looks great. I see MK style teleports. Hundred hand slap move. A projectile that stuns. A shoryuken. She is going to be a strong character for sure. Would be cool to see her in May, but I think first week June is more likely.

New OP: looks good. Can't wait to start more goon rooms on PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I nearly forgot about this. Injustice was a top 10 seller on the Playstation Store in the month of April in both NA and EU. Plus the season pass was a top 10 seller in DLC in NA for April. I could see them staying high up in sales through the summer as DLC is announced and released.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I know Tantrum Cartwheel combos into b3 if you mash it out.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Can you play pong with Raven?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Well poo. I get tired of these ranked matches because its really easy to lose a round to random stuff.

Does anyone know exactly how fast throws are in this game?

Throws are 10 frame start up.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Interstellar Owl posted:

I can't believe I didn't see this in my radar when it was being promo, being late to the party, do a ton of people still play this online?

The game is only like 3 weeks old. There are thousands of people online. Post you GT/PSN and get with some goons.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Interstellar Owl posted:

Awesome, I'm going to pick this up today.

XBL is InterstellarOwl

I heard Solomon Grundy is OP, is this true?

Solomon Grundy is just really easy to use. It doesn't take a lot to be good with Grundy.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I really hope we get a "season two". I know whatever characters gets in, they will be fantastic. Even better, Injustice 2 for PS4 and NextXbox. It's just so good!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Making a goon room on PS3. It will be called Goonz.

Also, if you are a cool person you can add me. silver_surfer_01

Edit: I guess ^^^he^^^ already did it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

gannyGrabber posted:

Not yet I didn't. Will be on soon, don't go anywhere!

Cool cool. It's up and empty.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I guess everyone is tired. GGs all.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Good games Liar Lyre. Our connection was... weird. It was fine like 90% of the time, to the point where I felt like it was as close to offline as it gets, but then we'd get lag spikes. I wonder if it has to do with the crumbling poo poo in the background. I've heard that makes the game itself lag on PS3 at times.

Also, in case you're wondering why I was jumping around to a bunch of characters, I was mostly checking to see whose stuff I could or couldn't do in a connection like ours.

I know what the problem was. My brother got on the computer for a little bit to check his email or something. Things you just got to deal with. Oh well, you still dominated me. And I broke your 14 game win streak. :v:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Hey man, we all gotta start somewhere. If you want advice or help learning a character, let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Nah, it's alright. I know the combos and the strategies. I just suck at the execution while playing. BTW, those Harley combos that end in the command grab are brutal. No knockdown = no wake up.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A clear look of Tourist Joker

They also claimed that the Killing Joke pack will consist of three skins, I suppose that one would be 'Classic Batman' but no idea on the other one (Failed Comedian Joker perhaps?:haw:) and in the week they'll announce a 'surprise' pack

drat that looks good. I assume one of the costumes is a Batgirl skin. Hopefully the other pack includes something for Lobo.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Tom Brady/REO's Tier List:
S+ Cyborg (with block infinite combo)
S Aquaman, Batman, Black Adam, Deathstroke, Superman
S- Green Lantern, Wonder Woman
A+ Doomsday, Killer Frost, Nightwing, Solomon Grundy
A Catwoman, Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Raven, Sinestro, The Flash
A- Ares, Joker, Shazam
B Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor
C Bane, Lobo

Discuss...

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Yeah, I like that tier list too. Lobo probably should be higher, but he's new so I'll let it slide. Overall the listing is tight. Lots of great characters in the game and I hope patching doesn't throw it completely off.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Lobo is new so I wouldn't be surprised to see him move around the tier list.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The only things that should be patched right now are dumb stuff like Cyborg's block infinite and Ares unblockable setup.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

AndyElusive posted:

Why would they even think about patching out Ares unblockable setup? In a game rife with bullshit let the God of War have his.

Besides I read that if anything you'll have the option to tech after the b23 making Ares guess on what mb smack he needs to bust out.

Yeah, that's all they need to do. Making it a 50/50 is much more fair and fun.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

gannyGrabber posted:

PSN goon room :getin:

I'll be in after Raw, so 90 minutes.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Holy Calamity! posted:

Isn't there the potential to cancel knockdowns / juggles into setup moves (mines, drone) that would limit your opponent's movement options and allow Lex to counter whatever they have to do to get around the trap that's about to stun/interrupt them? It would all hinge on knowing exactly what your opponent's going to do to answer a particular trap- If you knock someone back and throw down a mine in one string they're either going to use a projectile or teleport/jump around it, and hopefully a good Lex would be able to predict such and immediately punish it after setting up the trap.

Or does that seem like an impossibility?

Lex seems to require some high level mind games. He's got lots of crap that fills the screen to make the opponent make the wrong move then punish. But the start up time man.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

We are totally going to get a Red Hood Joker. Or at least failed comedian Joker.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Aphrodite posted:

I can't meter burn Lobo's anti-air throw in training. Is there some weird timing to it?

I haven't tried him in a real match.

That's where he swings the opponent around, right? I think you have to do it during the swinging animation.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I just want the DLC characters to get alts. Mirror matches suck if you have Lobo and slightly darker Lobo.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

AndyElusive posted:

This game makes people so upset that when I actually give props to someone for almost kicking my rear end and pulling off some sick corner combos with Arrow I literally get flamed back.

Maybe it's just Sinestro and how easy people think he is to play that does it to folks.

It's not my fault I push blocked you during your sick mix up. Pressed the jet take off and then smashed a robot into your face. Stage transition me next time you big baby. Sheesh!

I had the opposite reaction. Played a few matches with some kid that found his way into the goon room. I gave him a few tips and we had a few matches. Just some good fun, no hard feelings.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

From the Injustice Facebook page.

Eat it, nerds. :getin:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I just hope this means we won't get the other Red Hood as a character.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here he is, the Red Hood.

More reveals tomorrow according to Facebook

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Apparently, Batgirl is gonna be available next week going by Boon's twitter

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/334691283400544257

Jesus. They must want to get the first wave of DLC out by EVO.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

sentrygun posted:

Also the two remaining characters have been pulled from the Season Pass data so we already know who they are anyways.

Supposedly. Remember when MK9 had a Fujin sound file and then we got Freddy Kreuger instead?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

WNF is just crazy. It's cool to see so many different communities coming together for Injustice, especially a lot of Tekken guys.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

That's what normally happens when a new game comes out.

By a couple months after Evo it will probably just be the MK people still playing it competitively.

I dunno man. It's getting a lot of praise and I could see it being on par with SF4 or Marvel, with TTT2 at the very least.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Aphrodite posted:

Free Bane costume in next week's compatibility patch.

I'm not a Spanish expert but I think his shirt says Hard Penis.

That costume was in the concept art. That's cool!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

sentrygun posted:

So has this person just never seen preorder DLC ever, because I can't think of a single case where preorder DLC hasn't been offered for purchase later on.

I remember pre-order DLC for Lollipop Chainsaw and Sonic Generations being exclusive. It's not unheard of but it's uncommon. MK9 did non-exclusive DLC so it should have been no surprise to see that in Injustice.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Equilibrium posted:

I'm more curious about whether there have been any cases where collector's edition exclusives wind up being sold as DLC. I have a hard time imagining the new 52 skins will ever end up on the store, but drat I want that WW costume.

It will be available for purchase. That's how they did it in MK9. NRS are cool dudes

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm a badass that does hidden cursor and random select. :c00lbert:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Alex Valle was playing a rush down heavy Joker on Wednesday Night Fights if you need inspiration

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here is some Lobo concept art.
Linked for bigness.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Holy Calamity! posted:

So, uh, have they even addressed the whole "unable to view your own hero card" thing? I expected it to be fixed within days/weeks of release, it's a pretty significant component of online play given how much poo poo it showcases. I just want to see the hero cards of the people I recently fought against :saddowns:

I was able to do it at least once on PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If anyone wants a laugh, head over to testyourmight.com and read the reactions to the patch changes. They're eating each other.

It's hilariously messed up.
"I can't beat Deathstroke. Nerf him to oblivion"
"No don't nerf Deathstroke. Now he's completely useless."
I think the changes are good. They are quite minor and make him a bit less overwhelming at long range. As far as I know his good old normal guns haven't changed at all so he's good to go.

• Locked thread