Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So far I've mostly been catching streams of this game whenever I can, probably gonna give in and pick it up some time soon since it looks really fun as well. Though I'm surprised nobody uses the Joker, like is he not very good, too difficult, reliant on certain stages or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I don't even own the game yet but I'm waiting for those Red Son skins. Gotta get my Communist Superman on after reading Red Son a bit back. :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Injustice is about to start up on ECT.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

404GoonNotFound posted:

Yeah, about that....

Thanks, Lee/Didio!

Jeez, If Zatanna does end up getting in, I really do hope they take the hint that most people probably wanted the magician-Zatanna thing and not the generic bad lady getup there.

I'm still just a bit surprised nobody's said a peep about Beast Boy when it comes to who they'd like to see make it in. :(

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Welp, Joker's buffs look pretty nice and his new skins are rad as hell.

No sign of the Red Son skin pack that was supposed to come out as well yet though.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 12:58 on May 21, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

This is only from some early stream watching, but god Bane actually looks pretty nice right now. The extra bit of quickness on his charge and his venom cooldowns getting reduced by big chunks is looking pretty good.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Red Hood Joker's hood can also fall apart near the lower half, exposing a normal skin-tone jaw on him. :allears:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I never see anybody playing Grundy in any streams and it makes me not want to play him since I'm guessing the reason you never see him is because he sucks.

You're watching the wrong streams man, Grundy brutalizes people pretty hard if he can get close.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

After lots of stream-watching I finally grabbed the game! If someone wants to slap me around, add VoodooYardbomb on PSN. :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

So far I'm 4/0 against people with a lot more matches played than me and only one win came from Deathstroke spam, I'm pleasantly surprised. The other times I was just roiding up as Bane and crunching people. :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I just had a game where pretty much me and the other guy were blown away by the end.

I was Shazam and he was Black Adam, first time so I was just figuring out all my moves and mostly just doing damage with the Atlantis interactables. Well at the end after his super hit me, he had me down to the whole 1% blinking splinter health and he had probably like 50% or so of his second bar, so it looked pretty grim. After he blocked some combo of mine, out of total desperation I launch my super and it looked like he got out of it, right until one tiny way off frame connected, sending him up into the animation and dropping him at close enough to the same health I had, which had both of us cracking up that the wonky super had even landed. Then the second my feet touched the ground all I could do was spam out that lightning bolt command, which by some miracle and to his disbelief, nailed him before he could zap me and netted a win.

That's probably every other game for some dudes but man, that was awesome. :buddy:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:07 on May 24, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

17 and 2 with Bane so far. By the power of my roided out luchador, these zone spamming pubbies shall know fear. :black101:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Oh wow Elseworld's Finest Flash looks so nice, but I only just saw what the requirement for it is.

"Elseworld's Finest: Unlocked by getting 3 stars on all S.T.A.R lab missions" :stonk:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I know there was a bug that when your opponent disconnected on you it in some way counted against you. Maybe that was it?

Before the Batgirl patch I think, basically if someone ragequit you both got losses for whatever dumb reason. Doesn't seem to do that anymore though, I've had more people ragequit than I have losses at the moment. :v:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 10:14 on May 25, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Awesome Andy posted:

I hope we get a kingdom come skin pack, there's concept art in game for what I guess is earth-2 supes at least.

Kingdom Come skin pack you say? Will anatomically correct SHAZAM be included? :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Seymour Butts posted:

Has the third DLC character been confirmed yet?

Not that I've seen, but everyone's pretty much sold on it being Zod.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

So how do I step my game up as Black Adam? I really wanna get good with him, I can easily spam the gust-zaps and my lighting blasts on most hapless pubbies, but when people actually get up on me I just get my rear end kicked all over the place.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Nahxela posted:

I bought the game full price on PSN two days ago :negative:

Tell me about it PSN-buying buddy. :byodood:

gannyGrabber posted:

PSN goons better be on tonight!

I'll hopefully be around to play some, I've had the weirdest schedule lately.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

thebardyspoon posted:

I had no idea the Jason Todd Red Hood had so many fans.

And it's not because he's a particularly good character either. This sums it up well enough.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Pretty much, if you've ever read or even watched Under the Red Hood, it's really easy to hate Jason because he does the most scummy poo poo and then tries to justify his lovely actions, but the fanbase makes him out to be this troubled character and it's huge because he's basically the Sasuke of Robin's.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Honest Thief posted:

How's the game on ps3? both performance-wise and active population?

I haven't had a single problem performance-wise outside of like 1-2 freezes after a patch, which was apparently happening on both systems. There's tons of people to play with, but it's still a pretty new game so that's expected anyway.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

She's a good character but you have to work a little harder with her to get wins.

That or you just spam that fullscreen grab against pubbies. :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Good game Voodoo :)

Good stuff from you too, I rarely see Wonder Woman so I was kind of clueless on what to do with myself except try to do my hammer swing and hope a combo came out. Plus my terrible excuse is I got distracted a bit near the end but by then I was kinda done for anyway. :v:

Will have to rematch you later though for sure.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Great games, but man did I feel like I lucked out any time I won against that Wonder Woman, that huge skillset's got so many tricks around. Also I should probably never play Nightwing against competent people for now. Felt like such a spaz trying to even get off the most simple combos.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Gaseous Snake posted:

Is there a room you guys are in? I see Voodoo's online at least

We just ended up bumping into each other. I'm usually hanging around the unofficial beginner room, probably about to hop in there again.

Edit: Snake has given me a newfound dislike of Batgirl, but all I can do to combat it for now is just play Superman and spam like a pansy. :v:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 31, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I don't know why people still have Bane dumped on the bottom of lists now. Since the charge and venom CD buffs he's a lot better off. Like he still loses some matchups bad, but he's nowhere near being the worst thing in the game, especially not worse than someone like Lobo. (This is from watching a lot streams, bigger players and junk, not just my games against bad pubbies)

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 19:15 on May 31, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

Since we doing the tier discussion thing here is my personal opinion on the tier list after the patch.

http://www.mmcafe.com/tiermaker/inj...g7o00gr00il-bk5

Not really using the board to its fullest there, but consider that S, A, B, C and D as far as the groupings go.

That's a pretty reasonable list. As for not using the whole thing, I wouldn't even think something like a D really exists in this game. Like some characters are obviously worse off than others yeah, but I wouldn't consider anyone dumpster-tier, loses against everyone level.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I'm having trouble picking either Nightwing or Hawkgirl as mine.

Nightwing rules when someone's any good with them. (Not me)

He's just really weird to get used to, combos not launching in escrima unless the first hit actually lands, his stick mode basically being unable to jump and other quirks like that.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Ahh no Green Lantern I have no clue what to do with Hawk Girl.

Edit: I think I did half decent.

Did pretty well, I just spammed out my zone moves and tried to get lantern's might to MB even though it refused forever.

Also yessss, a win for my awful Nightwing. :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Edit or how do I invite you. I haven't figured out how to invite other people yet.

Private match, 1v1 then just click someone on the game and the first option will let you invite on their profile.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Need to go for a little bit. Great games!

Really good games, I was surprised I even did as well with Joker as I did those one or two times.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I suck with anyone but Wonder Woman so it's not surprising. Do you Main Bain as it look like your card thing shows? If so I'd like to play against him more with my WW. I have problems with him a lot.

Yep, Bane's my favorite dude and he's pretty much my main guy for beating up pubbies, dunno how well I'd do against WW though. Would probably just get thrown around and get annoyed at my venom timing out at bad moments. :v:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Scorpion's design and gameplay look fine but ultimately I think he's a bit of an uninspired choice for a guest character.

That's pretty much how I feel. Like I'm sure he'll be fun (If not maybe a little imbalanced at first) but I really would've preferred to get MMH, Zatanna, Static, Swamp Thing, really any number of actual DC characters instead.

KungFu Grip posted:

Well what if the movie flops and Zod is a boring and lovely character in the movie? No one would want to play as the lovely boring dude from a bad movie.

I don't really have a whole lot of faith in the new movie, so that was my thought as well. Release Zod, play up a little bit of extra publicity for the movie, hopefully get some sales off him early in case the movie sucks.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 3, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Mattavist posted:

What Superman costume was that?

That was a Black Lantern Superman, Black Lantern is basically undead monster versions of heroes that can't die or something similar. Either way, a Black Lantern pack would be kinda cool if that's not just the free patch skin.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 3, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I'd like to hope this means seven outside of the euuugh Ame-Comi outfits. Just wondering what the new Green Lantern will be, maybe another Black Lantern or if not that then possibly the USAF Green Lantern from Red Son? Plus if it does turn out to be that, then Red Son Batman (As if he doesn't have enough getups) will probably be right behind it, which would admittedly be kind of cool.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 4, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

They just keep rolling out these sales only days after I got the game. A week from now there's gonna be a blowout sale with Walmart just giving away free copies or something. :smithicide:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I got hatemail from some guy because I beat his Superman with my Superman a little bit ago. We sent annoyed messages back and forth and somehow it ended up with me giving him tips on how to do some better setups, as well as some special moves he apparently didn't figure out, which he then used to win a match.

They grow up so fast. :allears:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

S.J. posted:

Finally went online to try this out after picking it up a few days ago. I don't play fighting games online at all really but holy crap this was one of the laggiest online experiences I've ever encountered (ps3). Hopefully it was just the people I was playing against? Because drat.

It probably was, I'm on PS3 too and the game's always really fluid unless I'm fighting someone with a 2 bar or lower connection.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Gavok posted:

He had his own short-lived cooking show at one point. Lot of chopping was involved.

A truly beautiful time. :allears:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Love the Red Son Hal, anyone got pics of Batcomrade and Deathstroke's new getup? Dying to see what they did with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Supposedly there is an actual patch out, around 7MB, that fixes the glitches with the Blackest Night costumes. 360 only at this point obviously because us PSN folks don't have poo poo yet.

Well that's goofy as hell. I thought they'd just yank the stuff down and pretend it never happened, when are they gonna actually drop all the cool stuff. :saddowns:

• Locked thread