Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Me and sonmoot have been practicing joker for a bit and while we find him rather fun, we can't seem to figure out any combo's. Anybody got any tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

We were trying to work that gas can in.

Best we got was 32 xx bbMB,323

Joker's parry blocks overhead attacks including the armored version of b3 or f3.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the games, Fibby!

You too. We ended up figuring out that his trait counters everything but projectiles and grabs. Didn't try it on any supers though.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

Yeah, I try to MB all of those gas cans because they are all great on MB. Try 32xx Kick-gasMB j2 32xxflower. Should be a pretty decent damage and you might be able to MB that flower. If that doesn't work end it with a MBCrowbar or pistol.

Can't meter burn flower or gun sadly.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

CaptCommy posted:

You should also ask to switch out Atlantis for a stage that doesn't suck so hard. :colbert:

Also to go with "Comic Nerds and Fighting Spergs" because it's only one anybody voted on. :colbert:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

Great games tonight with the 360 crew. I am happy that I was able to take off Canadian's Superman armor bar.

I'm rather happy I haven't tried going against any of the other goons now.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

We're not all that good!

I'll gladly play games with you because we're about even with each other and whenever you learn new things it forces me to change up. We learn at the same rate!

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

<----GT Add me. If I'm dicking around in Skyrim I'll take a break to play. If it's late night/early morning and I'm in Netflix, I'm probably sleeping.

Didn't mean to insult anyone here last night, nor did I mean to put anyone down for being competitive. I have not played against a single goon who has been anything less than helpful. This is a great community for getting casual people who usually just want to spam special moves or throws (me in every previous fighting game) to actually learn how to play. You guys rock, seriously.

I'm pretty happy the fights against my really bad Grundy have been helpful.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Krad posted:

Sub Zero? Maybe... maybe it's cheaper for them to use MK characters since they wouldn't have to pay for licencing fees?

What a waste of two character slots. :eng99:

Well when you think about it it does make sense. Very very little sense but there is some. Since scorpion is gonna be a thing then we gotta have his rival.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Anybody else have difficulty doing BF inputs online? I can get them consistently offline but online all grundy ever wants to do simple 3 attacks and not walking corpse. It's loving annoying since it just cost me an easy win online.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I just got juggled for my entire life bar against a batman player. Goddamn I'm loving terrible at this game.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Not specifically BF inputs but all inputs are harder online. There's a stream of a very good player who has done very well at tournaments doing random ranked matches and he drops over 2/3rds of his combos.

Yeah I can't get any of my grundy inputs to come out correctly when I need them in ranked. Black Adam using his dive kick only? Well an anti air grab will take care of thWHAT THE gently caress WHY ARE YOU SWINGING HELPLESSLY AT THE AIR?!

Edit: I can't loving win because none of my inputs go through correctly.

Edit2: That last loss marks my 40th straight loss in ranked.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 13, 2013

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Fingers McLongDong posted:

If you're losing 40 games in a row or not landing a single combo its probably not just the connections fault you're losing unless you're on dialup!

I'm actually on really bad wifi. Like I said my problem was I could get walking corpse out so I could get in. I know I'm by no measure a good player but I know I'm not that loving terrible. I have the exact same problem in 1v1 matches with soonmot.

I did finally win against a green arrow. Now that I have the Green Lantern's yellow costume I don't have to play ranked again!

Edit: Also I guess if anyone wants to pad their win/loss or try to teach me anything, I'll be online. Just send an invite to offshoretoast.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 13, 2013

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Seriously, why does anybody want Jason Todd Red Hood in the game?

Why does anybody like that character at all?

I'm kinda intrigued by the idea of a deathsroke/nightwing hybrid character. Other than that I guess cause of that animated movie? Hell if I know.

Edit: Note my only exposure to the character is the animated movie.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Everyone has a character that wanna see added. I would give an arm and a leg for Red Hood :v:

I wouldn't mind seeing one of the following:

Manchester Black
Pandora
Gorilla Grodd
Hugo Strange

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

So far I've mostly been catching streams of this game whenever I can, probably gonna give in and pick it up some time soon since it looks really fun as well. Though I'm surprised nobody uses the Joker, like is he not very good, too difficult, reliant on certain stages or something?

As far as I can tell he doesn't really have much going for him aside from his counter ability. Doesn't have too high of combo potential and all his specials seems to be situational.

Note that I'm not good at this game and better players will most likely have a better answer.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

404GoonNotFound posted:

SCV is actually pretty drat good, as long as you don't mind the non-multiplayer parts being literally 1/3 complete with no plans to finish them.

Like, there weren't even arcade mode endings. That's how rushed it was.

SCV is horseshit and anyone who likes it doesn't understand what a good game is. :colbert:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Soul Calibur 5 is a well made fighting game with good online functionality and nobody plays it.

Soul Calibur 3 is a fighting game that completely killed the Soul Calibur scene in the U.S and Asia by being a buggy, horrible to play mess with no redeeming qualities except here's a lovely character creation mode and a bunch of a superfluous singleplayer horseshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8rWl9fQWY

Who says Soul Calibur doesn't have combos :v:

I never played 3 since I didn't own a ps2. Don't have an opinion on that game. I did have 2 and 4 and both of those were great. I absolutely despised five though.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Well aren't we blessed to have never experienced Soul Calibur 3.

Hopefully NRS doesn't balance patch Injustice into being a bad game. Cross your fingers ya'll!

Make bane better, maybe make supes and aquaman less good. That's all I want from patches.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I can't stop playing Grundy.

I keep going "Grundy sucks, I'm going to play somebody else" then I hate them and go back to Grundy.

So I guess try Grundy?

This is basically me. My thought process is something like this:

Man I love throwing people around but Grundy has problems getting in on decent people. Maybe I should go into practice and try out someone.
Oh hey, Lobo is rather fun. Let's give him a shotOH GOD WHERE'S MY ARMOR?! gently caress that, I'm going back to Grundy.
Huh, Joker is pretty fast. I might be able to work out something with him. Aaaaand I just sorta flailed around. Grundy it is then.
Maybe this guy......

Everybody I like is so bad. :smith:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to get Shazam's regime outfit or are we stuck with his basic and new 52 outfits?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Liar Lyre posted:

You unlock it in the archives like every other Regime/Insurgency outfit.

:downs: Completely missed his unlockable there.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Good lord the comic book fans on my facebook are providing endless sources of entertainment right now. :allears: I'm somewhat excited about scorpion. Dude comes with a built in bonus of pissing off comic book purists all the while looking somewhat fun to play.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
So wait, I thought shazam's trait made his punches unblockable? In training while testing out combo's it came up as unblockable yet this green arrow I'm fighting is able to every one of my punches. Is there something I'm not getting?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It was unclear to me at first, too, but what it is is that the extra lightning damage applied to your punches does the same bonus damage on hit and on block, and it registers in training as unblockable. The fists themselves are still blockable and do their normal damage, too.

Well that's just plain dumb. :saddowns:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

MrJacobs posted:

no, making his punches unblockable would be really dumb unless they suddenly had horrible recovery after a whiff.

I meant more training mode leading me to believe his punches were unblockable.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
If anyone would like a really bad player to punch around for a bit let me know. I'm online and not doing anything important.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

nunsexmonkrock posted:

PS3 or Xbox? I'm on PS3 and have a little time.

I'm on xbox. Shoulda posted my tag I guess. GT: Offshoretoast.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

poptart_fairy posted:

That'd be the first fuckin' thing anyone would do if they had his powers, admit it.

Hell yeah I'd use my "be friends with wild animals" power to be friends with wildlife. Pet foxes all day.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

sentrygun posted:

Unless you mean other fighting games, those games aren't nearly as finicky as fighting games and have plenty of ways to get around lag and bad connections while keeping a fairly good baseline for online play. Short of GGPO games that explicitly work to eliminate the effects of lag, fighting game netcodes aren't all that great in general.

Yeah the best one I've seen lat wise was Blazblue: Continuum Shift. It's way of dealing with lag was that if one person slowed down, both players slowed down. Otherwise the inputs felt crisp and responsive.

Anyways really fun matches tonight with Soonmot. Learned a couple things about Shazam and you learned a couple things about Joker! I call that a win-win.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

I think people aren't so much mad that he doesn't fit, just that an actual DC character more people really would've wanted were passed up in favor of him.

I'm curious, was there this much outrage over Freddy being in MK9?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Seymour Butts posted:

Sounds like just another reason why he shouldn't have been put in :smug:

Guest characters are the best and I'm upset we didn't get Freakazoid in this game.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

WarEternal posted:

I see posts like this and frown that I can't sit down in person and show you how things work. I can't even get any of my friends to play FGs with me even though I find them simple to explain, it's a sad state of affairs!

Well yeah explaining games is easy. Problem is getting said person to grasp the mechanics. I know full well how the mechanics in this game works. Doesn't mean I can get the basics down.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

A Looney Tunes fighting game would be the best thing ever.

Just imagine the clash dialogue.

"Rabbit season."
"Duck season, fire!"

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

I really do hope that 'Cage' 'Kang' and 'Zero' aren't any references to any Mortal Kombat Character.

Now to be totally fair, watching Johnny Cage fight Batman would be pretty great. I mean you can't honestly tell me you wouldn't wanna see Cage nut punch Batman.

I agree we don't really need more MK characters but I'd make an exception for Johnny Cage or maybe Reiko.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EJEUi9uvC0

Man, this's so awesome.

Luthor exiting a Doomsday suit is equally :haw: and :stare:

Green Lantern at his finest.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

To add fuel to the fire, he tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/356080888783716353

Plastic Day? :psyduck:

Meltman confirmed for next dlc.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

jscolon2.0 posted:

They could do two heroes, one villain, one non-DC character as an inverse on Season 1.

They only said no more MK characters, not no more non-DC characters.

So my dream of having Freakazoid may still have some merit?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Commissar Ken posted:

Only if his super is Cosgrove strolling out and going "Cut that out." then strolling back and your opponent does like a double take and is knocked back. I would pay 20 dollars for this NR.

I'll chuck in an additional ten if his clash dialogue is "C'mon, say it" followed by him yelling HUGBEES as he runs in to punch.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I wish Lobo was better. He's just so bad. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

I'm quite a fan of that one and the "No Ducks" one.

I'm also not going to be able to make the next tournament. :negative:

I've got both of the "No Ducks." :smug: The emblem for winning a round without ducking and the card for playing a full round without ducking.

• Locked thread