Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Other than Red Hood, these back 4 characters are all going to be really good.

There are going to be four, right guys?

RIGHT?!?!?!

Given that prior 4 was sold as a season, a safe bet.

Come on Zatanna/Manhunter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Krad posted:

Soooo, we might be getting Fate, Zatanna, Red Hood and Manhunter? I'm okay with this.

I wish I had your optimism. I keep thinking Fate is a Zatanna substitute and Red Hood won the fan vote. Oh boy, another BatCharacter.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I'm not sure they're going to do more than 2 characters: MM (Hero) and Red Hood (Villain). I mean the 3rd character would be Zatanna (judging by popularity), but then they need another villain and who would that be?

They could do two heroes, one villain, one non-DC character as an inverse on Season 1.

They only said no more MK characters, not no more non-DC characters.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Unbound posted:

Well, Scorpion is technically a neutral character, who only fights against the Earthrealm Heroes because of Quan Chi. Really, Sub Zero is more evil as he is technically betraying his home realm due to Shang Tsung hiring the Lin Kuei.

I still think Static Shock would be a pretty cool fighter.

Sub Zero's been firmly on team good since the first one was killed and became Noon Saibot (why the hell do I still remember this?).

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

The main character of Cars is Lightning McQueen. Static Shock confirmed.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

A Pinball Wizard? Perhaps.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Vaiyne posted:

Man, ya'll can keep Zatana and Static Shock - I just want King Shark.

He'd be a straight palette swap of Aquaman, except when he does the super, Aquaman swims by and bites the other guy off of the trident.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

The Cars released "Magic", Earth-something Zatanna's magic words are upside down, Pinball Wizard, Xanadu starts with a Z sound.

Boom.

Zatanna and Madame Xanadu were both in JLA Dark.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Should've done something like where she wraps them in chains, tosses them into an upsidedown water tank, the tank gets sealed in a giant safe, then it gets pierced by 20 swords and KABOOM!

But nope, fly up punch down :downs:

Why can't we have nice things?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Fibby Boy posted:

Already got our two hero's. Gotta fill that two villians/anti hero's quota. Bring on Swamp thing! And Red Hood I guess...

Zatanna is on the right, so I don't recognize her as a hero.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Fibby Boy posted:

Yeah that has me confused. Looking at her wiki I don't see her being a villian anywhere. I'm assuming it's just a bug in the programming.

It's vote based DLC so they left placeholders without knowing who they'd slot in. They may have just assumed they'd go Hero/Villain alternating.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Unbound posted:

That really is something then, isn't it. A quick google search showed that another game called "Ikaruga" is free via the same method so maybe it was a mistake on Microsoft'd End.

Ikaruga is a Dreamcast shoot'em'up and the right age for freeware.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Seymour Butts posted:

Does Batgirl have any new skins yet?

No Cassandra skin. Thanks Obama Boon! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

I also hate to bump a centuries-old thread, but on the subject of Netherrealm Studios fighters, is there a thread up for the new Mortal Kombat yet?

No, and probably not a good idea to start one until closer to launch. Maybe take it to the General Fighting Game thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3433271

• Locked thread