Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Krad posted:

Wonderwoman, secret top tier char? :confused:

Yes, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

For those of you who bought the guide, is it worth the $25?

From how I understand it, the guide was split up between Tom Brady, PL, and CDjr. Tom Brady's the only who seemed to really give a poo poo, or know how to write, so if you're looking for high level, useful information, here are the characters Tom wrote for: Aquaman, Green Lantern, Joker, Shazam, Sinestro, Solomon Grundy, Superman, and Wonder Woman. If you're playing somebody else you may want to pass.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Hawkgirl also benefits from a lot of polarizing matches in her favor vs higher tier characters like Killer Frost or Grundy. She'll at the least end up something like a strong counterpick character, where someone like Harley may never find her place.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

AradoBalanga posted:

Or got mind-numbingly stupid, which resulted in Superboy Prime punching the walls of reality, resurrecting Jason Todd. Seriously, Infinite Crisis was...weird in places. And that's just the stuff that made it to print, mind you.

This was the best part of Infinite Crisis, and neatly echoed Superman punching a hole in time eight years prior in DC 1,000,000. It was everything else that sucked about Infinite Crisis.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

McSpanky posted:

Sure, it echoed it the same way a mentally deficient's crayon drawings echo a Manet.

Nah it's great, it's both a perfectly Morrisonian example of superheroes directly loving with the 4th wall, and it served to help realize Morrison's concept of Hypertime in the DCU by saying, "gently caress it, we're bringing back the multiverse, deal with it continuity wads". However bad the rest of IC was, that one panel where reality splinters into reflections of pre and post-Zero Hour Legion and Morrison's DP owns.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

WarEternal posted:

Watching Aris is entertaining to me because after, how many weeks now? People still seem clueless as to what to do vs. Deathstroke, it seriously looks like nobody spent any time in the lab at all over three+ weeks. Just one example, the majority of his DF3s that get blocked result in no punish from the person blocking them.

What I find weird about WNF and SoCal Injustice in general is how few Green Lantern, Batman, or Aquaman players there seem to be. Same thing for Doomsday and Killer Frost, let alone the "mid tier" characters like GA or Raven. East Coast is overrun with GLs, but still it has its own variety of characters placing well.

Anyways, people give Aris a lot of poo poo for not fully understanding the game, but he does a good job of showcasing how strong Deathstroke can be up close. He did really well to run the train on Godspeed and Wonder Chef last night, both of who were playing Black Adam, after getting sent to losers by Chef's BA 0-2. He made some smart adjustments and plays extremely patient in what is supposed to be a bad matchup for DS, nicely punishing random divekicks with neutral j2s. He also doesn't wakeup with df3 so much that it becomes predictable and easily baited. I mean, Deathstroke is a strong character and Aris is a strong player, so it's not that surprising how well he's done for himself - I'm glad he won if only to dampen all the way too early doomsaying about BA and Superman.

Equilibrium fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 17, 2013

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

sentrygun posted:

So has this person just never seen preorder DLC ever, because I can't think of a single case where preorder DLC hasn't been offered for purchase later on.

I'm more curious about whether there have been any cases where collector's edition exclusives wind up being sold as DLC. I have a hard time imagining the new 52 skins will ever end up on the store, but drat I want that WW costume.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

JohnnyBigPotatoes posted:

Does anybody know if Alex Valle's GT is calipower? because I bodied a Harley with that name and he was from the US. Probably not him but fun to imagine my scrub rear end beating an OG like him.

I was watching his stream the other day and he was training Flash in ranked when he accidentally picked Harley one game and got blown up for it, so that might have been him. I don't think he'd ever played the character before.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
If Joker could MB his trait like Killer Frost's Parry for a full combo I think that'd go a long way to making him more viable. That, and/or make the knockdown long enough that you can setup teeth oki or go for a crossup, and/or make the HA! buff permanent.

I mean you don't need a good trait in this game, Cyborg's is complete garbage and he's easily top ten if not top five, but the rest of Joker's toolset doesn't make up for how unimpressive his is.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Edit: Tom Brady is loving insufferable as an announcer.

Tom Brady owns. There is not enough outrage in the world for a Black Adam landing 5x wakeup lightning cages and not once MBing them.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Top 32 at ECT starting up now:

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

From the KombatNetwork stream chat, Paulo says:

Where ds is Deathstroke, ags is air gunshot, lgs is low gunshot, and ss is sword spin (I think the db3 not the df3).

Presumably this is in the Batgirl patch. Full patch notes are expected to be released Monday night.

Man, if Flash wasn't already a bad matchup for DS, that poo poo is free now. Psycho crusher punish from 3/4 screen on both standing and low gun shots.

Also in this patch:

Superman's breath to be changed to -1 on block
Sinestro's trait loads 35% faster and d,f+2 to hit mid and recover at -11F

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Tomorrow's patch notes are up:

https://www.injustice.com/en/news/updated-520-injustice-patch-v103-release-notes

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
He's probably talking about things like the fix to Harley's string doing full damage on chip or GA b23 being ridiculously + in the corner. There's no way in hell that WW bug is intended.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

MMH confirmed DLC for Summer 2015.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/hecterrific/status/337362731491545089

Hotfix should be live. Fixes the Red Hood Joker skin, WW, and Batgirl.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Oh boy, you mean I get to choose between not-Guy Gardner and not-Wally West? Thank you Ed Boon, you truly listen to your fans and only deliver a quality product.

Are you seriously complaining about NRS possibly putting in the black guy everyone remembers from JL and Jay Garrik, the one flash whose costume isn't the exact same poo poo as Barry's?

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Because Garrik has no chance of winning and we're gonna get Stewart who was the worst central member of the group in the JL cartoon. Do you seriously believe Jay Garrik isn't a joke suggestion?

What? The worst written character on Justice League is Superman, and I didn't even realize that was a question - the writers seriously had no idea what to do with that character so he just comes off as completely incompetent throughout every season. When they did do a Superman episode it was inevitably some tired Superjerk variation; in defiance of all logic he plays the bad cop to Batman's good cop for the whole show. If anything John Stewart and Hawkgirl were amongst the best written characters, as the only two members to undergo any kind of long-term character arc and demonstrate a realistic, adult relationship, where things don't always end up happily ever after. Really, John's biggest problem on that show was his animation budget.

More importantly, nobody cares how the characters were written on the show. People want the black GL. Especially in a roster with all of one black guy, two if you're being generous and count Ares.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
And the third most voted for DLC character is... Static Shock.

https://twitter.com/noobde/status/339391320625934337

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
For anyone looking to see a good WW, this guy f0xy has the best WW I've seen yet:

http://www.twitch.tv/pjs_winning/b/410473892?t=12h46m34s

He blew up the lobby going something like 40-1. Not the best competition, but nice to see anyways.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Disappointed as anybody by a Scorpion announcement, but his costume actually looks pretty amazing for a Jim Lee design and holy poo poo that win pose. The MMH tease will tide me over.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Looks like most of the incorrect frame data was fixed, in particular multi-hitting moves like Harley's cartwheel (-7).

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Well I think it's a safe bet we'll see Zod next week at E3, and the "second season" will have at least MMH and one of the top poll characters (Red Hood, Zatanna). Surprised he hasn't committed to saying a full 4 character second season pass.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Liar Lyre posted:

Boon has confirmed some kind of announcement this week. Zoe will probably be announced tomorrow.

This was the announcement. Zod will be part of the "TV show" reveal to help promote Man of Steel.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

WarEternal posted:

This is the worst tournament yet, by far :effort:

ed: At least this Doomsday is pretty cool.

I'm disappointed Michaelangelo and Woundcowboy didn't make the trip, but then I guess I don't have a good grasp of how far away Des Moines is from Norcal.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Cromlech posted:

Seems that NRS stuck a pretty vortex-neutering Killer Frost change in there too apparently. I love how NRS' stance was "we won't patch it as often or as severely as MK!" but patch it just as frequently and add these changes that completely alter matchups

Well, not completely, but come on! Scorpion didn't need that stuff.

The problem with MK9 was that patch notes were both enormous and took forever to come out, so you had no idea what game you were playing at times. It was pretty obvious that Scorpion, BA, and KF were and likely still are hosed up characters, so I don't really see the complaints here. Also Scorpion getting released accidentally a week early didn't help. I'm mostly shocked it took this long for them to tweak Black Adam, but BA players should be happy as hell his damage scaling wasn't nerfed - his divekick isn't even the real problem.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

IronMcHardSteel posted:

You can really mash just about anything crouching for free on his regular teleport now. So if you can start anything from a low there you go. I can even do a couple of Lex's slower strings after I crouch it. These dumb patch changes are making my fun game bad and I don't like it.

This is how it was before. d1 is fast but people wanted to it to be more punishable so it'd be easier to full combo punish off b2s and stuff online. You sort of get that now if you are a jedi and read the crossup, otherwise it's virtually the same on whiff (-21?) vs what it was pre-patch (-20).

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Well, no, it's not the same. You had to block a hit before. Now nothing happens.

What? The recovery on whiff is functionally the same as the pre-nerf block disadvantage. They're equally punishable.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
That is a really good patch. KF, BA, Superman, and Scorpion ate well deserved, sensible nerfs. Metropolis rooftop finally fixed, universal AA buffed. Aaaand some Harley/Joker love. I want to see that deg222 vs Rico ft5 again post-1.05.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
There will be CEO 2013 Injustice pools going on all day at http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Rico loving hates Scorpion. He's been blowing up Perfect Legend non-stop on twitter for not being able to beat him with a "DC character". Scorpion is hella scrubby especially in a ft2 so I can understand why he's pissed.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
There have been so many Scorpions on stream I can't believe it took this long for someone to notice regular teleport hitting mid. There have been so many Scorpions I cannot imagine how pissed off people like Rico are right now.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

strangemusic posted:

:siren:DRAMA:siren: at CEO:

Someone apparently had a wireless pad plugged in to one of the Xboxes during a match between JRosa and Circus, and paused or sat on their controller or something right in the middle of the last match in a set with a pretty clear advantage to one of the players. They ended up having to run it back from the top despite literally being within the magic-pixel holy poo poo Daigo parry range of impossible comeback - lots of salt all over the place.

He wasn't down to a pixel, he would have died to another slide or f3 landing but it wasn't like he was anywhere close to getting chipped out.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Oh and if you didn't see Chris G vs noobe's Doomsday earlier watch this poo poo immediately:

http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp/b/423466137?t=05h19m12s

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Chris G is unbelievable. Back-to-back majors with a character virtually no one else plays. I love that guy.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Hahaha there's that Jay Garrick flash skin Ed was hinting at. Anyways hell yeah Earth-2 Hawkgirl, that costume's the best thing to come out of that comic.

Here's Boon hinting at a Man of Steel Zod skin. I figure there's no way in hell it'll be voiced by Michael Shannon, and it'll probably be sans heavy armor, but whatever I'll still probably buy it.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Robin Nightwing or John Stewart GL. Man of Steel Zod is close behind but he hasn't been around for months.

EDIT: I didn't notice the emphasis on CLAMORING. I'm going with Clams = Aquaman = voiced by Phil LaMarr = also the voice of John Stewart on Justice League = John Stewart GL costume reveal at EVO = Half Life 3.

Equilibrium fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jul 10, 2013

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

WEEDLORD CHEETO posted:

Amazon seems to think a PC version is coming, if anyone's interested. Guess it's fairly likely after the MK9 port, but probably depends on how well that does.

Hector (producer at NRS) retweeted this a few days ago, I think it's fairly likely.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Welp, Half Life 3 confirmed. MMH looks great: Carl Lumbly, the exact right intro/outro, and holy poo poo that Super. They paid all the proper respects to this weird but awesome character. Looks like he's got a Sektor teleport, Black Adam-like strings into air grabs, and a Zod charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

NRS can be a bit quick to the trigger and go too far with reactionary nerfs.

People say this but they've been extremely conservative with the patches this time around in comparison with MK9, where characters would go from monstrous to garbage overnight. Like the most drastic nerfs since the April day0 patch have been BA's non-MB divekick being made punishable, KF's trait getting recovery frames, and all the poo poo that happened to Scorpion/Deathstroke. The nerf to metropolis rooftop and the d2 buff were probably the most impactful changes otherwise. Superman has been "nerfed" like 4 separate times yet they are all barely worth mentioning.

If anything the complaints have been that the Scorpion nerf didn't happen until after CEO, and the upcoming salvo of Superman nerfs won't happen until after EVO. Hopefully the MMH patch hits before VxG.

• Locked thread