Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!

super fart shooter posted:

Between Philip Seymour Hoffman and Woody Allen, I'm expecting a pretty dour show for tonight

You made me think Woody Allen was dead for a minute there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Latest and greatest:

http://www.castmate.fm:8080/h/a/r/harmontownpodcast/HARMONTOWN%2088%20MAIN.mp3

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

superjew posted:

You made me think Woody Allen was dead for a minute there.

loving if only.

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
Good episode. I feel like somehow Jeff Davis started out drunk but got less drunk as the show went on.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Inkspot posted:

Nerd Poker is decent. There's enough there to make up for the (expected) dick jokes, and the group definitely has a rhythm down.

The episode where Brian Posehn forgot his character sheet and had to call home to his babysitter and make her recite it on the phone is one of the funniest things I've ever listened to.

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 4, 2014

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

My favorite part of the episode is dan, completely by accident, providing decent analysis of the Super Bowl

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

HUMAN FISH posted:

The episode where Brian Posehn forgot his character sheet and had to call home to his babysitter and make her recite it on the phone is one of the funniest things I've ever listened to.

His constant apologies are what sold it.

I'm just now up to the start of the tour. Looking forward to it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Occupation posted:

My favorite part of the episode is dan, completely by accident, providing decent analysis of the Super Bowl

I wish they did Sports Corner more often, it's consistently hilarious.

There's a teaser for the documentary up at http://live.harmontown.com

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Last night, from SF:

http://www.castmate.fm:8080/h/a/r/harmontownpodcast/HARMONTOWN%2089%20MAIN%20LIVE%20AT%20COBBS.mp3

Jerks, changing the URL on me and then messing up their CDN!

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Holy poo poo. The jeremey bit was some drat entertaining podcasting.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Yeah, that was pretty amazing. Also

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Joel was maybe the worst guest they've ever had.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Is this episode in lieu of a taping tomorrow?

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco

Occupation posted:

Joel was maybe the worst guest they've ever had.

I don't know why, but I expected him to be better at D&D. It was interesting to hear Dan talk about their history. I was surprised to, ultimately, be disappointed that Adam Savage couldn't make it.

So, does Maggie exist, or not?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Arstan posted:

I don't know why, but I expected him to be better at D&D.

To be fair, Chris De Burgh is currently a dickless, manacled, evil pop singer whose items are a series of injokes, and the situation itself is episode 8d of season 5 of any regular series.

Joel's a laid back dude, I think he did fine.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Arstan posted:

I don't know why, but I expected him to be better at D&D. It was interesting to hear Dan talk about their history. I was surprised to, ultimately, be disappointed that Adam Savage couldn't make it.

So, does Maggie exist, or not?

He was arguably better than Erin this episode. At least he didn't derail everything with random gibberish.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Anyone else think that Jeremy was the Adam Goldberg of San Francisco? Same tone of voice and cadence and not stopping talking.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
"She pronounces cashew, CAAASSSHHHHEEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!!"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Sweet, looks like they had one yesterday, so we got two arrows episodes this past week!

http://www.castmate.fm:8080/h/a/r/harmontownpodcast/HARMONTOWN%2090%20MAIN.mp3

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I want Matt Gourley on Harmontown every week.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

caligulamprey posted:

I want Matt Gourley on Harmontown every week.

He was fantastic.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Linev is a pussywillow, he's been titty bitched, and he can go screw!

radlum
May 13, 2013
I've just started listening to the podcast and listening to random past episodes. I feel like I'm inside the mind of a madman, it is great.

What's Adam Goldberg's story? I know he is not the actor nor the writer, when did he became a part of Harmontown and why?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

radlum posted:

I've just started listening to the podcast and listening to random past episodes. I feel like I'm inside the mind of a madman, it is great.

What's Adam Goldberg's story? I know he is not the actor nor the writer, when did he became a part of Harmontown and why?

Listen to episode 1, he shows up in the first few minutes. The rest is history and mystery.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I started listening to harmontown when it first came out then stopped listening for like a year, then listened to the most recent episode on a whim one day and when they kept on mentioning Adam Goldberg I googled his name and was all "Man they sure do hate that guy from Inglorious Basterds"

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Saw the new hunger games movie today. There's a scene around the middle where Jennifer Lawrence doesn't trust a guy, and then he says "If I had wanted to kill you I would have done it already."

I liked the movie a lot, but it would have been undeniably improved if the rest of the film was just Jennifer Lawrence shouting "OH, COME ON JUST KILL ME THEN, gently caress YOU! gently caress YOU! COME ON KILL ME!!"

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 12, 2014

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

radlum posted:

Adam Goldberg is the Internet. He is all. Case in point: he has posted in this thread. He has even responded to your post.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
In the third person, even.

braveplan
May 1, 2013

Liar or not I sort of feel bad for Jeremy. It sucks when the Harmontown audience turns against anyone. Eva does have a point though with Jeremy not sounding genuine in his post breakup story.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I listened to the San Fran ep and that whole segment was just bizarre. Everything could have been solved with someone going, "Hey Jeremy, mind pulling out your phone and showing me a quick pic of your ex?"

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco
What, "Cashewwwwwwwwww," wasn't proof enough for you?

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I just didn't think he was broken up enough about it to deserve to go on stage. I really liked the episodes where someone was struggling with following their dreams and they coached them.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I think it's genuinely gross that Dan had a loving meltdown about that weird proudly ignorant girl being shamed for her lovely opinions, none of which she attempted to change, and thinks it's absolutely fine that Jeremy got loving destroyed by a crowd full of people for no legitimate reason.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

What if Jeremy and the girl who called him out were in on it together, in one elaborate performance piece? What if that?

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Occupation posted:

I think it's genuinely gross that Dan had a loving meltdown about that weird proudly ignorant girl being shamed for her lovely opinions, none of which she attempted to change, and thinks it's absolutely fine that Jeremy got loving destroyed by a crowd full of people for no legitimate reason.

I must've missed the first incident you mention here back when it happened. Which episode was that? As for Jeremy, I don't think what happened to him was all that bad. It was certainly entertaining.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Sakarja posted:

I must've missed the first incident you mention here back when it happened. Which episode was that? As for Jeremy, I don't think what happened to him was all that bad. It was certainly entertaining.

I don't recall the episode but it was the origin of the "Let it go" chant that has become a frequently-used callback.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

Occupation posted:

There's a gap between jumping on someone for voicing an (uninformed) opinion and someone making up a story, though. I think they were all confused as to what happened with Jeremy as well.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Sakarja posted:

Dan called up a weird girl who described herself as being bullied for being "absolutely beautiful" who then recommended to Dan that he should treat waitstaff like absolute poo poo and threaten their jobs. Then she said that all relationships have a "male" dominant and "female" passive member, then she got excellently skewered by a queer woman in the audience for being ignorant as poo poo and a bit homophobic, to which she responded essentially "well it's my opinion and you don't have a right to insult me for it" and then got booed at for being really lovely about her shirt opinions, to which the audience started chanting "let it go" as she wouldn't stop loving talking about how she was right and everyone else was wrong and also mean for saying her opinions were poo poo.

Then the next week dan spent the entire episode saying how the audience acted inappropriately and insulted her while literally arguing the "you're intolerant if you don't tolerate intolerance" line mra idiots trot out. Then he kept on going on about how the audience were bullies. Then he called the girl up who basically whined about how she was treated so mean while still refusing to acknowledge she was in the wrong.

But hey apparently it's fine for some no name to accuse some dude of making up a girlfriend for no adequately explained reason and the audience to then insult him over it! Yeah.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I don't care about either one of those idiots or their dumb feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoticon
May 8, 2007
;)
The only good audience member Dan ever brought on stage was Spencer.