Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Drunkboxer posted:

"american cheese" and "british sasauge"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Kinda.
Think of it this way:
If you are shooting someone, you're only allowed to shoot if you intend to kill, full stop.
Intentionally maiming someone it akin to torture and not allowed.
So if you have unlimited funds, your guns will have FMJ or any other type of high velocity/high rotation round. This means that the rotational force is enough to blow a massive hole in your target and very likely kill them.

On the civilian side where getting those types of bullets and the hardware to use them is next to impossible (by access or price) hollow points become the best option. A target round just goes right through a person for, relatively speaking, very little damage. A HP round explodes inside the body and shreds organs, probably killing them.
Again, if you shoot someone, the law says you can only do so with the intent to kill.

Edit:
Additionally, you get into funny rounds like .22. They are low velocity and low rotation. They are sometimes referred to as "Hitman Bullets" because they have enough power to enter the skull but not enough to escape so they bounce around and turn your brain to mush.

Oh my god this is so wrong it defies words. Like, it isn't as out and out wrong as it is amazingly misunderstood with some classical gun mythos thrown in. Are you trolling?

But before I go and waste time and besserwisser this, is anyone interested in actually reading that? Otherwise there's always a FAQ/newbie thread in TFR if you want to learn about this stuff.

Just this point thou: You are only allowed by the law to shoot someone if you are defending someones life and can justify and prove that in a court of law, facing people who rightly will put you on trial for murder.

(Unless you're a cop who shoot black people)(Also Dan shouldn't be allowed to have a gun because he will be a danger to everyone and himself)(Kinda like cops)

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jun 22, 2017

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

Raw minced meat, ideally veal, is loving amazing and I'm sorry if you've never had the chance to try it.

True, but steak tartar is not something you'd order at McDonald's if you value life.

Steak tartar is the best thing I've ever eaten though. There are worse ways to die:pervert:

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

Chapo works as great guests, but only on podcasts that are as far left as them (for instance, the Dollop), and/or as guests of people who are as informed as they are. Guess what Dan is neither.

They were boring as gently caress on the dollop. They sounded like american-red Opie & Anthony.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Episode has landed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HaWPGsixUc