Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

The last Harmontown I went to was about three shows back. Adam was sitting one row up and one seat to the right of my position. It's grating enough to hear him shout from the audience on the podcasts but you guys aren't privy to all the quieter mutterings he makes that the mic doesn't pick up. It's constant. My friend Ryan had the misfortune of finding one of his comments amusing, chuckled, and from that point on every time Adam cracked a joke he'd look back at Ryan to see if he was laughing.

Then later I watched as he dug his finger into his nose, pulling and picking around, until he removed it and massaged it onto his lower lip.

Adam Goldberg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Occupation posted:

According to nerdmelts schedule, yes

I have tickets for it. Should be an interesting one.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

For me the funniest D&D segment would either have to be when Dan got stomped on and killed for being an rear end in a top hat to the frost giant leader (even though it has Erin insufferably trying to convince the party to put on a show, much to Jeff's annoyance) or the episode the next week when Erin isn't there and they decide to put on the biggest spectacle of a show they can think of to spite Erin.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

I decided to start over from the very beginning listening through the Harmontown podcasts and there are two interesting things from episode 8.

1. It contained Dan's first recorded attempt to tell the duck joke and wow, it's even longer than his super recent re-telling.

2. I had completely forgotten about this but in their character creation Jeff's character is described as having an affinity for smoking and riddles, which is what Bill Mardigan's is all about. I love the effort Spencer puts in.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

I was hoping to attend Harmontown this weekend and checked the Nerdmelt calendar. Next Harmontown is the 18th.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Let it go.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Paladin posted:

Once I found out that Erin was purposely trying to get her character killed I enjoyed her antics a lot more. Spencer is a really forgiving GM (which is good because this is a comedy podcast). It's not a secret, so I think Spencer is just waiting for a moment when it's funny.

What do you mean? How and when did you find out Erin wanted her character dead? It doesn't come across that way at all in the podcasts.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

TealShark posted:

I was with this episode until the hypnotherapist came up. I get physically uncomfortable when unfunny people try way too hard to be funny, especially in the company of actually-funny people. Thankfully, it doesn't happen too often on this podcast (or I'm blocking it out).

I can agree with this but the episode bounced right back as soon as they played space d&d. The brit killed it as the android.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Maybe it's worth it for anyone reading that article to also read through the comments section. It's a bit fanatical (as to be expected) but good points are made about the critic's misunderstandings of the attending audience and that Harmontown actually wasn't sponsored by Yahoo! to promote Community, it was just a bonus to Harmontown fans. Also Spencer says some stuff about it.

ireladd fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 17, 2015

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

On top of that, it's not like anyone is having to wait any longer to listen to the podcast than they used to. It's still a new episode every 7 days.

And people that whine about not having it available to listen to on their daily commute from the start of the work week, who cares. Instead of listening to an episode Monday to Friday you now listen to it Thursday to Wednesday. You're still daily dosing on Harmon.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Dan and Erin are in Spain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

It's a shame that there seems to be 2-3 regulars now with some of the worst laughs committed to vocal cords, and I hope they are each surrounded by a circular buffer of friends so that no unsuspecting first time audience member gets their ear drums blown out. Dan bringing up the "HA HA HA HAAAA" guy a few months ago humanized him for me for about two episodes, now I'm back to being a guy that gets angry at laughing people on a free podcast. :(