Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

eartongues posted:

For the first half, Dan and friends get together and talk about random topics like current events, politics, Minecraft, the Hollywood industry, inebriation, self-loathing, video games, movies, procrastination, etc.

You forgot Dan's favorite topic, racism.

Is Kumail a regular on the show now? I haven't been listening to the show lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

CherryDoom posted:

I've heard this podcast has a D&D component, how does that work? Is it a regular segment of a continuing adventure?

Yep. They start playing D&D around episode 7 or so, and I'm not sure if they play every episode after that. I think they do.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

You just need a cool DM like Spencer that'll let you do whatever you want (within the bounds of the game) without you having to know any of the mechanics.

Good luck with that.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

He should hire Spencer to be the show's Official DM.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

I would love it if every episode of Community opened with Spencer providing a "Last time, on Community..." recap.

If this doesn't happen for the season 5 premiere I'm going to be very disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Nemo posted:

Kumail is the best thing to happen to this podcast since D&D started. Maybe I should check out The Indoor Kids.

The only thing I don't like about Kumail being on the show is before him, it was a thing at Harmontown to not make fun of people in the audience (except Adam Goldberg) who came up on stage or whatever so that people would feel comfortable to do so. Kumail has no reservations about making fun of the audience, and while it's funny, it also kind of sucks to lose that special thing Harmontown had.

Also he isn't nearly as good at comptrolling as Jeff, but that's to be expected I suppose. Jeff knows exactly when to chime in with a thought and when to not try to derail the Dantrain.

Neither of these are really a very big deal though, and Kumail is a really good fit for the show.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 15, 2013