Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emoticon
May 8, 2007
;)

JesusFists posted:

I loving hate entertainment news. It doesn't matter that everything Dan said about Community season 4 was completely deserved, or that he went out of the way to point out that the writers did the best they could considering the situation they were in, because there were enough potentially "unflattering" quotes to take out of context to write a story that fits the established narrative. Thanks to THR and their ilk, we get a less candid, and probably shorter, show.

Dan Harmon in the news: A drunken psychopath who yells and rants and tells rape jokes and calls everyone he works with poo poo to their faces.
Dan Harmon in the podcasts: A self-deprecating, insecure, self-aware person who rambles about his horribly honest thoughts and is desperate to make his small audience laugh even if it makes him look bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoticon
May 8, 2007
;)

Occupation posted:

Like, look at how the community thread reacted to last week's podcast. I mean, yeah, that thread is one of the worst on the forum, but like 90 percent of the people in there were ready to burn Harmon at the stake. Despite, like, none of them having listened to or ever listened to Harmontown. It was infuriating.

That's generally what happens when your headline is, "Rich famous TV creator and known drunkard Dan Harmon says season of your favorite show is worst thing ever, compares it to rape!" Which is simultaneously accurate and also inaccurate.

emoticon
May 8, 2007
;)
You and your best friend do a show, then your best friend's new girlfriend interrupts the show in the middle of it and inserts herself into it. I don't think it's just the "make-believe game" Jeff is protective of.

And I'd agree Jeff's hostility toward Erin could be considered "unreasonable" if not for the episode a few months back where Dan gets stepped on by the frost giant.

emoticon
May 8, 2007
;)

Irish Joe posted:

Like if you talking to your stockbroker and asked him if he was looking after your best interests and he replied "if I wanted to steal your money I would have done it already," you would close your account immediately.

Is the stockbroker a monster?!

emoticon
May 8, 2007
;)
The only good audience member Dan ever brought on stage was Spencer.