Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
How the hell are you guys following D&D? I don't even know who's playing which character half the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

umalt posted:

Is it bad that I'm possibly the only person who enjoys Erin, and 'let's put on a show', unironically. :smith:

She usually has her own cheering section in the audience, so that's four(?) other people.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
They aren't. They just feel that way.

Drunkboxer posted:

Whatever happened to harmonquest?

Or Harmontown Nights?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
*claps for no reason*

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

superjew posted:

For some reason the episode is only 66 minutes on my phone. Is it just me?

Its happening to me, too. 1:56 in iTunes, 1:06 on my iPod.

nvm, it downloaded funny. I deleted the file, redownloaded it and it works fine now.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 6, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I do hope they manage to have a baby first, though. A fat, alcoholic baby with a five o'clock shadow and ludicrous red hair.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
At least they didn't drag out the Tenacious D appearance.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I take that back I like Jeff.

Jeff is the only guy on the show I wouldn't be embarrassed to associate with.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

TontoCorazon posted:

What about kumail? I love that dude in almost everything he does and he seems pretty nice.

Yeah, but then he talks about being rude to people who try to talk to him at the airport and reminds me of the guy at the party you have to explain to people.

"Oh, that's just Kumail. He doesn't like talking to people, but he's a really nice guy if you get to know him."

Its just not worth the effort.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
To meet interesting people, hear interesting stories and potentially expand your circle of friends and acquaintances.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Alright, Kumail's back on my friends list. When he's not wearing a video game themed t-shirt, that is..

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Aug 11, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I hope they point out how Robin Williams stole Erin's D&D bit.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
"When there's a riot, side with the rioters."
-Dan Harmon, from his gated compound in the Hollywood Hills

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Its more an issue of a wealthy individual three steps removed from the problems of the lower classes preaching anarchy as if anarchy has benefited anyone ever. The riots have shut down businesses, schools and services--vital things for the people living in Ferguson. And here we have some loving loudmouth bemoaning his inability to afford a Tesla telling people to keep it up. Dan is 100% in the wrong about this and hearing him preach anarchy to people who just want to live their lives makes my blood boil.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

MY ABACUS! posted:

Kumail is definitely the best. I really wish I could enjoy his video game podcast, but his wife is very irritating. X-Files Files is great though.

They're both irritating, but the biggest problem with The Indoor Kids is how childishly consumerist it is. I can understand being enthusiastic about video games and poo poo, but once you hit a certain age you shouldn't be excited about a $12 box of random poo poo or obsessed about buying a TMNT action figure. Whenever Kumail talks about being really excited about his old childhood toys and obsessions, I just get really sad for him. I liked the Turtles when I was 10, too, but I moved on like you're supposed to.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sithsaber posted:

Also, HT is totally hosed if Erin moves on. Dan's dark spiral would be entertaining though.

What happened to Erin? A messy breakup would be the one thing that could make Community season 6 worth watching.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Takoluka posted:

Ah yes. I too wish for two people to be miserable so that a comedy series I actively hate would become watchable, I guess? What are you even saying? Why do you still post here?

To your first point, I'm glad we're in agreement.

As to your second, human beings generally have the mental capacity to like something as a whole despite disliking particular aspects of it. I enjoy Harmontown as a whole and want to talk about it, you massive, blubbering baby.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Knowing Dan, though, the 'legalizing drugs solves every social ill and leads to world peace' storyline is right up his alley.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Brekelefuw posted:

I love Jeff's comptrolling, but I thought Spencer was doing a great job until they brought up the audience members. After that he hardly said a word until D&D.

Spencer would be a great comptroller if he stopped trying to tell jokes. He's just not at all funny.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Why would anyone who's not a fan of the podcast go to see the "documentary"?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
"Everybody should raise their child gender-neutral."

-a childless middle-aged man

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Cerepol posted:

Seriously gently caress yes I was pumped for Jeff but Bobcat! Also think they'll address the elephant in the room?

Probably. I mean, it is his podcast.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Paladin posted:

Between this and what Typical said over in the R&M thread this is reassuring.

It would probably be a good idea to take anything he says a grain of salt. Typical doesn't have the liberty to pop on SA and say "gently caress Dan and gently caress CN, those greedy bastard" because he still depends on them for his lively-hood. There are no coincidences in business. Dan and company may have had perfectly justified reasons for forming a R&M LLC, but they also knew drat well what effect doing so would have on the animators' unionization attempt.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The origin of the Scottish accent was the best bit Dan's ever done on Harmontown.

Also, :lol: at Dan losing the house in the breakup.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Brekelefuw posted:

I am seeing Harmontown this week in Toronto, and wish I had the asperger's to tell Dan how his marriage is going to be a nightmare if he already can't keep from fighting with Erin.

I will give you $100 if you can make Dan cry on stage.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Doc Faustus posted:

Urgh. Hate that it's only available to rent now, and purchase later. Don't want to pay twice for the same movie.

If only the internet provided a solution to your problem..

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Brocktoon posted:

No, the screening in NYC is at a separate place and time. The screening is at 6 at the IFC Center and the podcast is at 9:30 at 92Y. I wanted to try going to both, but since the two locations are far away from each other, it would mean not eating between, so I settled on the podcast.

You know there are like 10,000 hot dog stands and pizza shops between the IFC Center and 92Y.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Spencer needs to stop telling jokes. He's just not funny. At all.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
It really was the worst possible audience for Gilbert. Everybody yelling at Dan to do a bunch of his old, tired bits, Gilbert had no loving idea what was going on and nobody bothered to explain to him that Vincent Price (et al) was a dead horse the audience wanted Dan to beat.

Dear Harmontown audiences,

Shut the gently caress up.

Sincerely,
Podcast Listeners

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
When is Jeff coming back :(

Haha, Dan found the one black guy who can't rap.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 28, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Dan really does have the politics of a child. What does he think will happen if airlines had to cut 5% of their ticket sales across the board?

KoRMaK posted:

I guess the thing Harmon has done is mistakenly empowered other people to think their inebriated ramblings are interesting.

As a grown-rear end man, I've forgotten how insufferable kids can be.

Irish Joe fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 30, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Austin gets LeVar Burton.
Houston gets Erin McGathy.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

The Berzerker posted:

The Houston episode was miles better than the Austin episode. Comptroller you like does not necessarily equal a good comptroller.

Austin had a great D&D segment, mushroom girl and Dan making fun of Shaka-khan. Houston's only bright spot was Dan walking the audience before D&D.

Neither show is going to wind up in the top 10 (Dan desperately needs a good comptroller to keep Erin and Spencer in check), but I'd definitely relisten to Austin long before I'd listen to Houston again.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

tnimark posted:

Spencer was on the most recent episode of Brooklyn Nine Nine.

Yay, more Celebrity Spencer to poo poo up the podcast with his dull stories, bewildering "jokes" and half-witted political and philosophical opinions.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

TontoCorazon posted:

You guys bitch about the dumbest things sometimes.

You mean like green apples and the lack of pencils on airplanes?

I get that Spencer's young and doesn't have Jeff or Dan's comedy background, but every one of his 'funny observations' usually stems from his own general ineptitude, which makes his indignation more obnoxious than funny. Don't like green apples? Don't buy a green apple. Don't have a pencil? Ask one of the other 200 passengers on the plane if you could borrow theirs. Generally, if a situation can be resolved by basic human interaction or common sense that you inexplicitly avoided, it doesn't make for a compelling narrative.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
How bad does Dan Harmon smell in person?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Jeff has been out the last 10 episodes, much to the detriment of the show. With the possible exception of Mitch Hurwitz, no one comptrols as well as Jeff.

Like, there's one point in the Chicago show when you could hear the desperation in Dan's voice as he's trying to have a real moment with Normal Spencer, but Celebrity Spencer keeps interjecting with his awful shtick. Jeff might not have been able to save that segment, but I think he would have been quicker to recognize that it wasn't going anywhere and moved things along much sooner.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

CPColin posted:

If anything, he gets more exposure later on, culminating in a series of four episodes where he not only comptrolls, but also replaces Spencer and the rest of the player-characters in D&D.

Either I've blocked it from my memory or Steve Jobs is doing me a solid from the afterlife, because I have no idea which episode you're referring to.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Goldberg's games are marginally better than McGathy's games.

That's all I've got :shrug:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Yeah, I don't care much for the Earwolf cross promotions, but those two broads weren't terrible. It was also nice to hear a high energy Dan again. I don't know if it was the crowds or the wedding, but he was dragging rear end during the tour.