Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
I like The Indoor Kids a lot. Maybe that's because I'm only casually interested in video games. The episodes with Jordan Morris (from Jordan Jesse Go) are particularly good - the three of them have great chemistry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008

JesusFists posted:

And Spencer becoming Dan's PA on Community!

He's actually going to be Dan's personal assistant, which is a much, much better job than PA (production assistant, aka lowest job on the entertainment industry totem pole).

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And here's the inevitable apology from Dan Harmon for the contents of the last Harmontown.

I think anyone upset by things that he said have a right to be upset, but I still feel fond of Harmon, even if I can't defend him. I feel this way with a lot of people lately - with Twitter and half-drunk podcasts, there are a lot of outlets for people to broadcast their half-considered thoughts, which I think is interesting. I'd hate to see entertainers become ever more shielded and careful. I guess this is a half-finished thought of my own, but I think that statements on things like tweets and podcasts should be given some leniency. To see these comments transcribed and put into a news article, as if this was a press statement that Harmon released, seems disingenuous.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
How can he complain about people saying mean things online? That's the content of his podcast!

I tend to skip any podcast that mentions twitter or internet commenters in the episode description. It's never a good sign.

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

What nobody realized is that Dan wasn't defending the secret thought crime of pedophiles. He was defending the secret beliefs of himself as an alcoholic.

I think this is right, although I didn't understand it until someone online explained it. Dan was trying to ask for sympathy while acknowledging the lovely, hurtful things he's done. But he did it by reaching for the worst type of person he could think of. So everyone else on the show was talking about how society should treat pedophiles, while Dan Harmon was trying to talk about how society should treat Dan Harmon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
For a guy who really, really wants to tell people his thoughts, he's really bad at putting his thoughts into words.