Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

Irish Joe posted:

All the feral audio cross-promotions have been terrible. Then again, I don't like podcasts in general, so maybe its just me.

Brody Stevens made me want to fill my ears with cement, Duncan Trussel to me is only tolerable on Harmontown, James Urbaniak was underutilized, Christopher Ryan was loving fascinating, Steve Agee doesn't talk much in general, and Johnny Pemberton was loving terrible. Outside of Urbaniak and Harmon, I probably wouldn't listen to anything on feral audio, anyway.

Todd Barry might be good on Harmontown...

Jigoku fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

This episode is so mean, wish I could see video of Schrab's reactions to his evisceration.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

I'm usually working or driving while listening to podcasts, so I never am divesting my complete attention to them, so the long periods where Harmon just spews bullshit misinformed opinions mostly to get a rise out of people never seem too grating to me. There's much more there that's so entertaining as the audience who can sometimes be a driving force for the course of the conversation or the reactions of whoever is onstage tries to process the insane bullshit.

While it sometimes gets stuck in place depending on how drunk everyone is, the D&D is a great capstone to each show. Everyone is allowed to be as creative as possible even to the detriment of the overall content but I've never not loved any D&D segment. I think the ones where Harmon is most drunk (when he was killed by the frost giant or where he broke away to have a major introspective moment or when they put on a show) are entertaining as hell.

Though it's driven by a drunk narcissist, I think Harmontown is one of the most honest pieces of entertainment I consume on a regular basis.

Plus, "...I make a five stars."