Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Wow, I did not know about the D&D aspect. I eagerly anticipate Nerd Poker every week just to get some meager taste of D&D and the occasional funniest-thing-in-the-world from Blaine Capatch, so I'm so in if they're running an actually solid game. Splitting episodes between that and typical podcast-y good times sounds all the better. I'ma binge this poo poo ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Ok, I've only listened through to the first D&D session so far, but it looks like they really hit the jackpot with Spencer. That guy really knows how to keep the attention of his barely-interested players. Hopefully they'll get more invested as the campaign continues, as player participation is my favorite part of D&D (I can't imagine they'd keep the segment going this long if it's essentially Spencer's Storytime, but I've seen plenty of podcasts carry a heavier albatross). Definitely gonna be listening to a lot more of this, particularly if Kumail ends up being a regular. I've missed him since his podcast ceased being tolerable for me.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

eartongues posted:

Did anyone go to the recording? Dan offered anyone in the audience to come talk to him after the show for a writing gig. That's a huge loving deal.

Considering the gold he's randomly pulled out of that crowd before, that's not actually that surprising. It's probably a long shot and an absolutely insane gesture either way, but at least it shows that he knows he has literally the best audience in the world.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Yeah, Indoor Kids is bad at just about everything. I loved the episode that Edmund McMillen and his wife guested on, but every other episode has just been frustrating and irritating. Maybe check out the Edmund episode, possibly try another just in case it might be to your liking, but you're probably better off getting your Kumail fix anywhere else.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Occupation posted:

Also has anyone listened to Spencer's interview on This Feels Terrible? It's insane, what happened to his last girlfriend.

Ugh, I haven't felt this depressed about relating to someone's lovely situation since I listened to Kulap's Mental Illness Happy Hour. What an aptly-named podcast.