Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
That might be the funniest D&D they've ever done. Schrab needs to be a permanent member of that segment, I was crying with laughter every time it was his turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I listened to the San Fran ep and that whole segment was just bizarre. Everything could have been solved with someone going, "Hey Jeremy, mind pulling out your phone and showing me a quick pic of your ex?"

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I sometimes find it hard to know when Dan is being contrary for the hell of it or doing a bit. Do you think he really got pissed at being given "notes" from Spencer on how to run the show (Spencer complaining about being brought up too early)?

Dan is an angry drunk and at Harmontown he gets very, very drunk.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Listening to the current ep now. Dan (and apparently the entire Harmontown audience) doesn't know that Stan Winston died 5 years ago.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

The Sam guy seemed high. He was just spouting opinions without actually justifying any of them.

"But Django was better..."
*dead silence*

Davis was trying too hard to be combative with his Gravity rant. I like that Dan just let him go and then gave a quick "Chill out!" one-liner in response. There's plenty of scientific inaccuracies in the movie, but I'm positive Jeff doesn't actually know any of them and it felt like he saw an article headline somewhere and wanted to spout out "angular momentum!" to sound smart.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I think Erin just tries too hard. Her jokes always seem to be accompanied by long awkward pauses, from both herself (expecting a laugh) and the audience (not giving it).

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

If I were an audience member at Harmontown I would never go up on stage for any reason. Harmontown audiences seem quite hostile to people who jump up a lot of the time, even despite Dan and Jeff encouraging participation.

I just remember that one dude who claimed to have recently broken up with his girlfriend, and the audience immediately went "Bullshit! No way a guy like you ever HAD a girlfriend!"

Even the hosts were amazed at that reaction.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I actually would've preferred an Erin comedy bit to Dan and Jeff's Political Corner.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Golden Bee posted:

Dan would be happier if he cooked. It's one of those skills that take you from "confused baby who hates his weight" to "person in control of his life".

But Baby needs his bottle (of vodka).

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

If it's any consolation, the last handful of episodes have had audience guests who were 10x worse than Goldberg ever was. Hell, I would take Adam any day over Observational Humorist Spencer.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Harmon's gross. And he loving smells. Someone who makes as much money as him shouldn't smell like that.

He can't take showers because the water gives him ouchies! GOSH!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Brocktoon posted:

Holy poo poo, laughing guy needs to loving die.

Has he been present in previous eps, because I only noticed him on this ep and HOLY poo poo please ban him forever from tapings.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I'm confused, are you able to watch video podcasts without being a subscriber? On the site there are video episodes tagged as "Free Videos" but when I click on those posts, it takes me to an empty page.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

before anyone asks, there are indeed objectively bad laughs

Is it the same guy? Can someone pull him aside and just have a small talk about it?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

CPColin posted:

Thanks to everybody being a complete baby, they brought the laughing guy on stage, first-thing, to clear the air.

Wait, were you pro-Laughing Guy? He was actively (though not deliberately) ruining the podcast listening experience.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I'm a week behind but the Shadowrun segment of the David Cross episode, and David's character in particular, was loving hilarious.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Foma posted:

There is no way Odenkirk and Cross are not millionaires (It isn't that hard to be a millionaire) if you are a working actor. For example Cross got $125,000 for starting in an Arrested Development episode.

Where did you read that? I find it hard to believe that he got paid that much per ep on a low-rated show where he was part of an ensemble with 10 other people.

For example, 2 of the main nerds on The Big Bang Theory didn't start making 6 figures/ep until like Season 5.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

There seems to be some awkward animosity between Erin and the girl they brought up on this week's episode. Still on the Shadowrun segment.

Dino continues to be terrible.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Guys I've spent a total of $0 on Harmontown so far and am still enjoying it.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Usually I side with Jeff against Erin but this week he was a pretty grumpy rear end in a top hat and everyone on stage and the audience was pretty obviously against him, and he just wouldn't let that chain-zing 'bit' go.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Wow, Dan was especially blackout drunk in this episode. Came right out of the gate ranting like a crazy hobo on a street corner.

Edit: Ep got much better once Emily and Kumail got on stage.

qbert fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 30, 2015

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I still found her more funny and entertaining than Erin.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Do the direct video links not work anymore?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Get rid of Shadowrun, replace it with live readings of Dan's teenage creative writing. That segment was gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Which one is he again? I haven't heard the latest episode.

Most of the people they bring on stage from the audience are horrible. In particular, the people who you can tell actively wanted to be on stage are the worst.