Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I'm listening from the beginning. Are there any other D&D guest appearances as great as Tylenol /w Codeine? Proops is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I'm up to the start of the tour, please tell me Erin's character dies a horrible death at some point.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Rash vs Harmon battle rap BOOK IT

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

For gently caress's sake Erin, nobody wants to listen to your interpretation of what a DM does. Now that Spencer realized he's allowed to take shows off, JUST DON'T PLAY D&D WHEN HE'S NOT THERE

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Nah, Spencer definitely writes stuff. Remember when he told the gang about non-combat resolutions?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Way to make me feel bad about calling Erin the worst at D&D Duncan.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Well yeah but Duncan going "hey remember when I cut off Kumail's character's dick? That was hilarious, right? I want to do that again! Cutting off people's dicks is the secret to playing D&D and I really wanna do that again! What's that? An alternate timeline? Can I still cut off his dick? I really wanna cut off someone's dick, preferrably the one of Kumail's character, which I've cut off before" for 10 minutes was the first thing in the history of the show that made me turn a non-tour ep off before the end.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Didn't they all die when they hosed around while fighting those smoke monsters or whatever but then they all woke up in a deathmatch arena? I mainlined the first 70 episodes in like two weeks but I definitely remember some "oh poo poo we can actually die?" reactions at some point.

I agree though, Erin getting her head blown off while she tries to make a dummy of herself out of sticks and blankets or trick the next dragon they meet into liking her needs to happen.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

qbert posted:

I actually would've preferred an Erin comedy bit to Dan and Jeff's Political Corner.
What if the choice was Dan & Jeff's Political Corner vs Erin Reads Stuff About Robin Williams From Her Teenage E-Mail Journal?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Spencer just quietly giggling to himself over Obama & Real Abed's buddy cop antics was delightful.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Things got real awkward with the girl they paid 100 bucks to fetch them ice and vodka. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT

Schrab is the best and this appearance finally made me remember to buy SCUD: The Whole Shebang

Oh yeah, what the gently caress were you yelling / kneeling in the aisle about for five minutes Goldberg? Just stop it.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Sep 2, 2014

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Inkspot posted:

Who makes fettucine on a camping trip?
And why would she need to cut them in the first place unless she somehow managed to make pasta from scratch at a campsite?

Was the ingredients-by-mail thing that the girl mentioned the same poo poo they advertise on Earwolf? Because I sure thought there would be more to those than "here's AAAAALLL the stuff you need for a BLT except there's tofu instead of bacon".

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Foma posted:

Movie was disappointing, not sure what I was expecting, but the story was so broad brushed that it didn't really open up into anything.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

"You're a misanthrope."
"You're only saying that cause you're a person."

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I don't know, that moment where he went "gently caress all this awkwardness, I'm gonna lob some questions at the blind guy" was pretty inspired.

Still would've preferred Patton though.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I loved her insistence that it was all the dumb LA people's fault because in Austin it's completely cool to waltz into your first day on a new job high, late and with a smoothie in your hand.

Also cleaning your lungs by mixing weed with other stuff because ancient cowboy secrets.

This whole tour has really made me dread the Let's Bring Up Random Fans part of the show.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 30, 2014

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

I've been kind of indifferent with Espisito when I've heard her on other things, she just kind of went on about the lesbian thing a lot. However, I totally agree with her and Butcher about the batman thing, and I'm now tempted to try their podcast(s).
Wham Bam Pow is probably my least favorite Folks Talkin' About Movies podcast I've ever checked out, Put Your Hands Together is just a really solid stand-up show. Cameron hosts it so she mostly works the crowd and most eps have a 5-10 minute conversation between the two.

Cameron's new album is super great and I'd probably start there.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Dec 2, 2014

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

damnit Kumail, why would you finish that point about Goldberg being the guy at the party who specializes in bringing conversations to a screeching halt with "that's his role"?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Golden Bee posted:

I redirect positively sometimes
just get your own loving podcast

or maybe now that they're posting the video feed every week you could shut up while you're there, then go home and record a commentary track for anyone who gives a poo poo about your hilarious and insightful comments

Golden Bee posted:

but most of the crowd just sits on their hands when he goes off, because he's a millionaire whose name is in the show.
yeah man look at all those lame-rear end pawns who aren't constantly interrupting the people they came to see talk for 90 minutes

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Dec 19, 2014

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

yrreg posted:

This isn't the "poo poo on Dan and friends weekly" thread. If you want that then make a separate thread so we don't have to read your dumb posts.

207-563-5532 posted:

If the forum allows an open forum then that's their call, if they think its disruptive they'll do something about it.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

man, remember the good old days when 99% of all podcasts were available for free?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I knew Jeff's Parisian Adventure would end with group sex.

Also I'm super on board with Erin playing a character that's actually good at walking up to dragons and convincing them she's their friend. Dan revisiting a badass fighter he created as a teenager sounds fun too.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 16, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Wow, this actually works.

http://download.harmontown.com/video/harmontown-2015-02-08-final.mp4

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Pretty sure that's the longest I've ever heard him rap without a description of loving someone's mom.

Such a weird episode, post-roll Dan without D&D / Shadowrun to fall back on seemed like a recipe for disaster during the first half but that ending was my favorite bit on the show in a long time.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

maybe its just me but for me i'm excited about my favorite sketch show getting back together to bring me more laffs

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

if any mr. show cast members are currently cackling and throwing their arms in the air while sitting on a huge pile of money it's jay johnston and pft, those guys make all the big bucks

but for realsies, there's no way tom kenny isn't filthy rich after voicing loving spongebob for 16 years

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 24, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

he really made that shadow run

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

At this point I actually hope the show becomes pay-only because hopefully you'll shut the gently caress up about it at that point

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

9/10 Irish Joes don't like Demorge and won't shut up about him

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I thought she was doing the WWOOF thing, like Matt Gourley's girlfriend when she went to Sweden.

Also Dan's gonna be on Drunk History this month and appearantly he came pretty close to drinking the host under the table. That should be fun.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Sep 3, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

So Harmontown without Jeff, Spencer, etc.
But that show involves actual research and the narrators know what they're talking about.

Weirdly enough, he's appearantly on the Miami episode with a story about about some coke cartel matriarch.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Jeff asking "should we just stop playing Shadowrun?" when they were all babbling about the contract and time limit and whatever was the first time I yelled at a podcast.

Just shut it down, especially if you're doing another roleplaying thing that prevents you from doing more than 10 minutes of Shadowrun in an episode now.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Sep 23, 2015

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

who the gently caress just brings hot sauce to a live show, barges his way on stage and demands that the host taste it

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

His act is really funny in a deconstructing way. He's also one of my favorite podcast guests in general, he brings a great, infectious energy with him wherever he shows up.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Jeff & Schrab ganging up on Dan will never get old.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Jesus, did Dan's voice ever get this hosed up during the tour? He sounds like Tom Waits.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I don't think so but he's a small-time TV guy directing his first major effects-heavy movie, I wouldn't be surprised if he feels a bit overwhelmed / like they're gonna fire him any moment.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Was that in the latest episode? I think I turned it off when he brought another Guy With A Medical Condition He Met At The Bar up.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Toxxupation posted:

After that the show stumbled along at decreased quality until The Event happens and then it turns into an uncomfortable nightmare as the guy who wrote monster house sinks deeper and feeper into a narcissistic, self-loathing depression that craters the shows tone
No it's still good sometimes and on the positive side Erin isn't on it anymore so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Brekelefuw posted:

Schrab needs to be there every week.
until Dan's Shadowrun character is the only one left alive