Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

PostNouveau posted:

Pretty good show for awhile and then "hey let's talk to someone who's clinically depressed!"

Yeah, I've lately started skipping forward whenever he starts talking to people about their medical conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
holy poo poo do i ever not miss erin

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

joedevola posted:

Well the latest episode was pretty action packed.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Around 1:10:20

Before that it's one of those mediocre "Harmontown takes place at a festival / con in front of people who aren't necessarily there for it and Dan didn't bring any notes and Dino's trying to be hilariously offensive" kind of shows and after the punch everything gets real awkward.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

How long until Dan has his new girlfriend on the show?

In It For The Tank posted:

The rest of the episode was pretty good though. Dan, Spencer, and Dino all seemed in good spirits.
I listened to this and the new one with Jeff & Schrab back-to-back, the difference is astounding. The documentary tour had some good shows but I've been really lukewarm on most of the recent non-Meltdown ones in general.

Also I'm fuzzy on what was said exactly but when Jeff asks about the punch in the new one either Spencer or Dan says the two shitheads planned it.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

That was some good improv, I hope Schrab never leaves.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Just read this article aout the tour from three years ago and now I really miss Grantland again. :(

http://grantland.com/features/dan-harmon-life-community/

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Rochallor posted:

Got back from the Chicago show and I'm pretty sure it's the worst Harmontown of all time.
Oh god, it just showed up and the description says it's "game-changing".

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

The part where he brings like five rambling audience members in a row up to the stage was pretty rough.

Also I think I'm at a point where I'm just not gonna bother with episodes that don't have either Jeff, Schrab or both on them anymore.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 25, 2016

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Dan always seems to lean extra hard on his Talkin' To The Audience segments when Dino's there because his only contributions are LOL I JUST SAID A BAD WORD and about one weird sex story per episode.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I AM SO FILTHY loving RICH LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT IT FOR 190 EPISODES oh also my friend got hosed over by the cops and can't make his rent so everyone please chip in.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

it gets wooooooorse

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Yeah, the improv segments usually are so much better than Shadowrun and 90% of the D&D ones. Not this one though.

You'd think someone who's hosted an improv show for three years would know to either Yes And or shut the gently caress up.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

uh so is everyone else on this, always

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

now THAT'S some good improv

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I think I remember seeing it at some point and it's exactly what it sounds like. Was looking for it this week too but all I found was Dan's Batman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJJilb6s8VY

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Yeah, that's the one I remembered. :)

Zsinjeh posted:

Crazy NSFW btw

e2: lmao they did not gently caress around, this is really nsfw, breaking the link for this
what the gently caress did you expect from the description on the podcast

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I've been feeling like I've definitely heard enough of Dan's dumb raps lately but goddamn, that was glorious.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Both people in that story are dumb, Dan for being a shithead who's super proud of himself, the bartender for not saying "look, you're the only two people in this bar and I'd really love to finish watching this game with the sound on."

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

I for one really enjoyed most of the post-Erin, no-D&D era, especially the stretch where Schrab was there every week. The crazy improv parts are probably my favorite thing in the show's history.

Toxxupation posted:

you realize that harmontown has become a way for an egotistical self-pitying alcoholic to get his lovely life decisions rationalized by redditors.
This is hardly a new development, let alone a post-divorce one.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

CPColin posted:

Episode 135 - Wide

It's the best, so I keep coming back to it over and over. The "musical journey" starts at 1:18:30.
I only remembered the MC John parts (he's here to mow the lawn) but not the other 30 minutes of crazy poo poo about starchildren, magic trees, panic room windows and the worm kingdom. Dan should really do MDMA more often.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

We used to fill these small, long pipes with hairspray, dare eachother to look into one end and light the other end on fire. One time a kid lost his eyebrows and we all laughed.

Also yes, we definitely had kids in like fifth grade who brought their replica guns to school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

woof, that first guy who comes on stage, who doesn't have any jokes but feels that he has to make up for it by reacting to everything is a strong contender for Most Annoying Audience Member That Gets To Talk 2016. And then Fake Accent Guy starts talking and Dan makes the two of them do improv.

This was just a typical middling Harmontown episode but holy balls, that last hour was rough.