Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
The Eric Idle episode is just about the greatest thing in podcast history.

Edit: Chicken Noodle Dick has been going through my head all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I listened to the first episode of Nerd Poker, and it was unbearable compared to the Harmontown D&D.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

wafflesnsegways posted:

And here's the inevitable apology from Dan Harmon for the contents of the last Harmontown.

I think anyone upset by things that he said have a right to be upset, but I still feel fond of Harmon, even if I can't defend him. I feel this way with a lot of people lately - with Twitter and half-drunk podcasts, there are a lot of outlets for people to broadcast their half-considered thoughts, which I think is interesting. I'd hate to see entertainers become ever more shielded and careful. I guess this is a half-finished thought of my own, but I think that statements on things like tweets and podcasts should be given some leniency. To see these comments transcribed and put into a news article, as if this was a press statement that Harmon released, seems disingenuous.

Christ, people are so sensitive.
Everything Dan said was backed up with reasons and was in no way offensive to anyone intelligent enough to understand his speech.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
It sounded to me like he was in love with some crazy girl who basically was friend zoning him.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Lately I have been getting the vibe that Spencer is really not in to D&D anymore.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I listened to the first two episodes, after hearing the one tagged on the end of Harmontown. The space one was amazing, but the other two were boring to me because they went all over the place. That being said, he has the best voice ever.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Irish Joe posted:

Now I understand why Jeff hates playing with Erin.

She can sometimes still be the horrible high school girl that she says she used to be.
She really needed to shut up and stop running her bit further in to the ground.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I can't believe they got through the show without bringing Spencer's mom on stage.
I wonder if he is as angsty towards her as he is his father.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

caligulamprey posted:

Lisette's apology amounting to "I'm sorry if my words offended you" kind of got under my skin and I was secretly hoping for another audience takedown.

Randomly listening to older episodes out of sequence, Levi shows up in an early episode (in the 10-20 range?) and doesn't sound like a cartoon character wearing a velvet smoking jacket. A year or two in L.A. will gently caress you right up, yo.

Levi posted on reddit that his first time seeing the show in LA was the time he was just on, and in that show they discuss how they met while on the tour in january.
Levi doesn't live in LA.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

SoylentCola posted:

Like Bobacat I wish Rob Schrab was on more.

I want them to give Schrab a mic when he is in the audience, just so I can hear him laugh. His laugh is just a loud high pitched yell. Everytime I hear it come fro the audience I die laughing.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I thought he was saying that we had to rehab them and train them instead of just locking them away.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Oddly enough, the audience didn't chant "Let It Go" a single time during the show.
I was hoping they would do that when Goldberg got up.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
That girl off the top was so insane. I wish I was there in the audience to say "let it go, let it go"

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
During the whole 10% gay thing I was screaming in my head "WHERE IS KUMAIL TODAY"

Of course, they bring him out after the debate.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Dan is the guest on the lastest Duncan Trussell Family Hour. Haven't listened yet, but can't wait.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
That Jim/John Belushi joke was unbeatable. Best guest.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I want to hear his analysis of the proposal. Jeff mentioned it on twitter that as soon as the proposal was over, he was breaking it down in the Harmon fashion.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Jeff was a guest on the latest totally laime podcast. He tells his whole backstory about bring a child actor and stuff. Very interesting .

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Insanity Prawn posted:

Looks like the Harmontown documentary is going to premier at SXSW.

Pee is Yellow, Poop is Brown: A Journey in to the Mind of Dan Harmon

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Is this episode in lieu of a taping tomorrow?

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Anyone else think that Jeremy was the Adam Goldberg of San Francisco? Same tone of voice and cadence and not stopping talking.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
What is the song they played for the tour that is at the end of the trailer? The "in harmontown" song.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

The Berzerker posted:

I think that's just the Harmontown song that they made up, isn't it? Come on down to Harmontown, turn that frown upside-down, pee is yellow poop is brown, come on down to Harmontown? I could be confused.

The pee is yellow song is a rap song. The in harmontown song is like prog rock .

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

The Berzerker posted:

I think that's just the Harmontown song that they made up, isn't it? Come on down to Harmontown, turn that frown upside-down, pee is yellow poop is brown, come on down to Harmontown? I could be confused.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHbVXqUzrV8

This is the song that I want to find the original track.
It is probably a tune that is free use from some song database.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I love how the bitcoin guy showed up at the Q and A for the documentary.

Any word on if the documentary will be released digitally any time soon?

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Did anyone post the video of Spencer doing his coyote kicking move? I can't seem to find anything on Dan's tumblr/instagram/twitter.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Oh my god that is the best.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Erin is just the annoying drama club high school girl she claims she isn't anymore.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Holy crap why didn't I find out that it was playing in Toronto. I'm busy for both indoor screenings (they are probably sold out anyways.)
Do I need a pass for the outdoor screening on May 1?

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I have no idea what that was, but the rap was great.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Golden Bee posted:

Achievement Unlocked: "I worked on a Shark Movie!"

How is it that I can read your posts and hear you saying it in your voice in my head?

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Sithsaber posted:

See this is why nobody lets you on their ship (with plenty of room mind you) when the moon gets set to explode.

Preview:
Pandemonium: Loser nerds run for their lives as hipsters unaccustomed to combat are beaten mercilessly by artisans who have come to enjoy the finer things in life. Watching it all is Jeff Davis, a man plagued by dreams foretelling all the little horrors that will soon come to pass. Can Dan and the gang (but not Adam -nobody wants Adam to come-) escape the moon colony and reach Jeff before governmental onlookers and Jeff's years of subconscious helplessness halt one tragedy by causing another?

Adam is right.
You're THAT guy.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
They better plug those gems from the crab thing in to the baby robot or I am going to throw my iPod. Talk about Spencer trying to set them up for something obvious.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Chexoid posted:

Man Duncan Trussell sounds like a real idiot. What is it with him and fungus?

Duncan is amazing.

I haven't listened to what you're talking about, but it is likely related to the crazy 'stoned-ape' theory of evolution. Duncan and Rogan love to talk about that.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

KoRMaK posted:

I think its about the fungus that takes over ants and causes them to climb high in trees to jizz spores below.

I want to so badly hang out with spencer and dan.

Yeah, I listened today.

It is interesting to think about how much control we have. Just look at Toxoplasmosis and its suspected effects on humans and rodents.

Duncan was an ok comptroller, but you really realize how good Jeff is at steering Dan in to comedy when someone else runs the show.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Erin really needs to not be on the podcast. She just doesn't know when to stop trying to get a laugh, unless that is her comedy persona or something...
The end of D&D this week was horrible.

The rest of the episode was great though.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Sakarja posted:

TBH everything about that political discussion was incredibly stupid. It's hard to tell what's worst between Harmon's bright idea that people should just lie about what's happening or Jim's stunning revelation that voting doesn't matter and dissent is illegal. They sounded like angry teenagers.

Jim really needs to calm down.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

The Berzerker posted:

He's great. I found Real Abed to be pretty insufferable, though.

I was referring to Real Abed in my brain as Proto-Goldberg.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I love Jeff's comptrolling, but I thought Spencer was doing a great job until they brought up the audience members. After that he hardly said a word until D&D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Holy crap. Getting tickets to that.

Edit: tickets bought. My girlfriend has never watched Community or heard the podcast. Boy is she in for an evening of confusion.

Brekelefuw fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Sep 17, 2014