Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Fiendly posted:

Wow, I did not know about the D&D aspect. I eagerly anticipate Nerd Poker every week just to get some meager taste of D&D and the occasional funniest-thing-in-the-world from Blaine Capatch, so I'm so in if they're running an actually solid game. Splitting episodes between that and typical podcast-y good times sounds all the better. I'ma binge this poo poo ASAP.

Whether you'll like the game segments or not depends on what you consider a 'solid game.' It's really fun to listen to, but they make a lot of concessions to the fact that they're playing in front of a live audience at a comedy show with guests like Greg Proops who neither know nor care to know the first thing about the rules.

If you're into loose, fun games, you'll love it. If you're currently sitting in a room surrounded by bound volumes of Dragon magazine, it will leave you making GBS threads blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

I can't figure out how so many people in this thread seem to like Harmontown but hate rambling diatribes and awkward sex talk. Both of those things seem pretty essential to the Dan Harmon Experience.

Do you all just listen to hear which version of Xanadu Jeff plays at the end?

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

That took me the the Christmas episode...

Edit: Try this one:

http://www.castmate.fm:8080/h/a/r/harmontownpodcast/HARMONTOWN%2084%20MAIN.mp3

Weembles fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 7, 2014

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

A live stream from the Chicago show just started.

Dino is the Comptroller.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

MY ABACUS! posted:

The reason this was hard to get through for me was the most god drat annoying laugh in the audience. Maybe it's always there but usually mixed lower?
HAH! HAH! HAH! HAH! HAH! HAA!
HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO! HOO!
Every loving joke.

Thank god. I was worried I was the only person to be annoyed by that guy. It's like he learned how to laugh out of a book.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

The guy with that irritating shout-laugh is back in the audience tonight.

I feel like I'm doing penance for all the times I felt superior to people who complain about the sound of chewing on podcasts.

Edit: Ha! Erin mentioned it. She compared it to Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Weembles fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 12, 2015

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Giggs posted:

Laughing guy has been in the audience for months. Like a lot of months. I think he's just getting picked up by the mic more, recently.

I have heard him before, but he's never been so high in the mix, so to speak, until recently.

He reminds me of that creep that Chris Hardwick hired for the Nerdist. They have similar weird invasive laughs and both seem to break it out at strange moments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

They could mic it differently or he could sit somewhere else. Not like that Goldberg guy though, he's intractible

The first couple times heard The Laugh I though it was you trying out some new shtick. I dropped the idea because I figured that they wouldn't let you get away with that for so long without calling you out on it.