Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
I think you guys were just underestimating exactly how drunk/high Jeff was. I mean, have you ever even seen a Georgia pine? They're really high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Roiland is the original Goldberg.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Zinjnok posted:

Yeah, I would probably be upset if that was true at all. Instead they've missed two (if you include this week) in over two months. Don't let that stop you from being a poo poo poster though.

Look at this corporate apologist/shill for :siren:BIG HARMON:siren:

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

I wonder if Dan's tongue goes numb from fellating Portland so much. His pathetic toadying is easily the worst part of every Portland show they do.

Clearly you've never blown a town before.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

Guys if you keep quoting joke it defeats the point of me blocking him

That's why we quote him

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

I dunno, I listen to Harmontown like most people watch fiery car crashes on the side of the highway.

It's the weekly podcast version of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA1hyqA6UTY

or this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsdeAF_Prfo

or this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aRMbw0TYC8

It tickles the same part of my brain. The documentary pitched Harmontown as a unifying thread amongst outcasts. Really, it's somewhere between that, and a man's descent into disconnected, rich guy, alcoholism.

And I love it.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Have you guys never met a clinical therapist before? Emily was par for the course for them, and seeing as my best friend is a Ph.D. therapist, I rather enjoyed her as a guest. So much so that I immediately looked up her and Kumail's podcast.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Dan does this with everyone though. The show is called Harmontown. He is the mayor.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Occasional guest Greg Proops does this better.

Hurray, hurrah! Once again the fabulous Smartest Man in the World podcast takes to the aether from the confines of the fortress of Proopitude and poo poo like that, you guys.

Love that guy.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

joedevola posted:

It's amazing how much better Adomian's Bernie Sanders bit went than last time. Mostly because people are actually aware of who Sanders is now I guess.

I mean look, the fact of the matter is, that the top 10% of Harmenians in attendance, feel 99% of the Bern.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Eh, Spencer has a good mind for story, which can only be benefitted by hanging around Dan's story circle for the last five years. I think he'll do fine.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

A date that will live in infamy.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

That's cause Jeff knows how to fight through bad improv haha

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

That's because those aren't words

To be fair though they do sound like fun, not-words. Like "splorzelthunk" or "blorpe".

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

What a huge surprise. Oh well. I thought they each seemed just crazy enough to make it work. :(

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

ComradeCosmobot posted:

The bigger question is whether Dan's inevitable spiral will make Harmontown worth listening to... I haven't had the interest to tune in since ep 136, because it sorta became rather samey with Jeff and Kumail mostly gone at the time and Spencer trying too hard to be a character.

And uh, hearing that Goldberg left was a bit of a downer too.

Have there been any particularly good recent episodes I should check out?

the autism author was p good

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

It's live comedy. It's always funnier live. That's why they do it live. Especially if you're a few margaritas deep from the Mexican restaurant down the street from Meltdown, like I usually am when I'm there for Harmontown.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Ah yes, I usually take the red line to Hollywood/Highland and walk in the rest of the way.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Who comptrolled this most recent episode?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

I think he's the guy that invented Kumailing

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Jeff's pretty honest about it...he says he's been doing bad improv for years.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Lol is that the Ice Giants? I was at that recording and it was a poo poo show hahaha

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Are any of us really surprised that Harmontown, a podcast created by Dan Harmon, is really bipolar in its ups and downs?

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Petition to rename the thread to "The Rob Schrab Hour: featuring the Harmontown players"

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Psh like you don't know already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

Speaking of D&D, first ep is up

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01I2BCY2K/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_dp_u5NFxbCDHTYAZ