Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I understand why people like the DnD portions, but I absolutely listen to hear a man over think himself into oblivion. It's undoubtedly because I had a similar relationship, but so many aspects of the Dan and Erin relationship are fascinating and horrifying.

The only thing I enjoy about DnD is Spencer, and to be fair that's enough. His handling of that whole group is hilarious.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I miss Harmontown. It's a wonderful long walk podcast.

I wonder if there'll be any excuses for the last episodes of Community. It felt like a rushed Harmon operation.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Also anyone who uses the line "you're intolerant for not tolerating my intolerance" is immediately a terrible human being

One of many moments that let you know, hey I can walk away from this person now and not feel like an rear end in a top hat.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

"Let's put on a show" was amazing.

In general I like it when Erin goes down that road, but sometimes the bit doesn't go anywhere.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 15, 2014

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Having a guy like Dana Carvey on really highlighted how terrible all these people are. I love the podcast, but I would not want to be stuck in a room with any of them.

I take that back I like Jeff.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Aug 8, 2014

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Honestly I got the feeling he was surprised as well. Dan really idolizes Dana to a huge degree.

I'm being too harsh. Dan and Erin were too drunk to meet someone they admire and not embarrass themselves.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 8, 2014

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Yeah, but then he talks about being rude to people who try to talk to him at the airport and reminds me of the guy at the party you have to explain to people.

"Oh, that's just Kumail. He doesn't like talking to people, but he's a really nice guy if you get to know him."

Its just not worth the effort.

Kumail is a great guy for podcasts but he's not someone anyone should want to meet socially. Because he doesn't want to meet you. I'm as incredulous as Jeff is whenever that topic comes up.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Man it's not just airplanes come on listen to the podcast.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Yeah I take back what I said about Kumail. I knew it was unlikely but it was really fun picturing such a successful comedian refusing to talk to anyone. Plus the guy has an X-files podcast, he get's no benefit of the doubt.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Unmature posted:

People get really upset when people they don't like on podcasts they hate say things they don't agree with. And then they download the next episode.

Wow that's super insightful. You really cut to the core of it.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 19, 2014

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Victor Vermis posted:

Seriously. The bad guys can't be the ones without the armored vehicles (because that makes for a dumb story).

If people want informed and well-thought out opinions on current events maybe they shouldn't tune in to the Drunk Story Circle Autist's podcast.

Absolutely. But it's fun to make fun of them for their badly expressed opinions. I love the podcast and I think the group is fun to listen to, but I also like laughing at them as much as I like making fun of any drunk person at a party that won't shut up. I understand the context, and I like to laugh about it.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I recommended the podcast to a someone I've been dating because she's a fan of Community. Initially I said just listen to the most recent one, but a little bit later I came up with some recommendations because this show can be a minefield, and you don't know what's coming.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 18, 2014

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Golden Bee posted:

Dan would be happier if he cooked. It's one of those skills that take you from "confused baby who hates his weight" to "person in control of his life".

This is very true. Past a certain point in life anyone should be able to cook. It's not hard, and there's benefits beyond your own health.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

The Berzerker posted:

I mean I prefer audio podcasts, and the audio is still going to be free, and I don't live anywhere near LA, so I don't really see the point of paying for a subscription.

Yeah I watched the first video they did, and the visual of a homeless looking Harmon on stage doesn't add a lot for me.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Most of them barely know how to play so it's pretty simple to follow. Jeff sort of learns but it never gets complex.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Spencer has made me laugh in the past, but he can't carry a prolonged period on stage outside of DnD. Fun to see him on B99 though.

His imaginary fight with coyotes was funny.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Whoever decided Harmontown needed a visual element is a crazy dumb person.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Harmon's gross. And he loving smells. Someone who makes as much money as him shouldn't smell like that.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Harmontown fans are loving weirdos and this thread is an extension of that.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

oneof27 posted:

Dino is that old friend you love dearly but says horrible things to be edgy and funny. But he's neither of those things. He just makes you feel bad for him and generally put off by the whole thing. I mean, that whole blowjob at 12 deal. That's just no good, my man.
Dan would have made it work, though.

Yeah I remember enjoying his interview with Marc Maron, because when he's introspective he knows all the bad things about himself. The guy has depth and can create great stuff, but the surface is unpleasant.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I like Erin but I think there's an element of rooting for her just because some episodes you can tell the audience just doesn't like her. And as much as the documentary tried to make me appreciate them, I don't like that group.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

The documentary really hammered in the difference in serious Harmontown fans for me. I think Dan Harmon is an entertaining drunk doofus. I used to think more of him, but after so many years of paying attention he's not some brilliant auteur. I think he's a funny guy but the adoration the film pores on him from the fans rubbed me the wrong way. I get why it goes with narrative it does, but it just made me sad for the people that idolize the guy.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Mar 25, 2015

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

The Berzerker posted:

I quit listening to this show about a month ago but Andy Kindler as a guest almost convinced me to come back, maybe I will listen to that episode.

I think I started disliking the podcast around the time I went to a live one in Toronto

Yeah going to a live show is what killed my interest in the show.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

I think part of it is the Harmontown audience here growing up while Harmon stays the same.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Comrade Fakename posted:

It’s weird to see posters for Whose Line is it Anyway in London with Jeff Davis’ name emblazoned on it since almost no one knows who he is here. At least Josie Lawrence is in it!

I'm pretty sure Jeff Davis has no name recognition in any country he's in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

Everyone who's an action star uses steroids so it's not a big deal if you're smart about it. Which is why you have all those trainers around you.