Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

They pretty much do, yeah. Their DM is great, and their lack of knowledge about D&D (besides Harmon) makes it a good time. This is one of my favorite podcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

They apparently lost/corrupted last week's file which is why there hasn't been a new episode in a while.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

eartongues posted:

Did anyone go to the recording? Dan offered anyone in the audience to come talk to him after the show for a writing gig. That's a huge loving deal.

He tweeted the same thing, it's not like he was automatically hiring people out of the crowd, just giving people the opportunity to talk to him about it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I would love it if every episode of Community opened with Spencer providing a "Last time, on Community..." recap.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

He hasn't said. Also they haven't done the movies thing in a few episodes, I don't know if that's going to stick.

One of my favorite things they do occasionally is Sports Corner. I could listen to Harmon fumble his way through a sports conversation (and repeatedly say it will "all come down to yardage") every day.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Nemo posted:

Kumail is the best thing to happen to this podcast since D&D started. Maybe I should check out The Indoor Kids.

I love Kumail but the Indoor Kids isn't very funny and they are also really bad at talking about video games, so it isn't a very good podcast. Unless you're into people saying "So I started playing [new game] and I played it for 20 minutes and what I noticed so far is [list of incorrect information] but anyway I didn't get to play it much because we have SO MANY GAMES TO PLAY for this show"

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

JesusFists posted:

I loving hate entertainment news. It doesn't matter that everything Dan said about Community season 4 was completely deserved, or that he went out of the way to point out that the writers did the best they could considering the situation they were in, because there were enough potentially "unflattering" quotes to take out of context to write a story that fits the established narrative. Thanks to THR and their ilk, we get a less candid, and probably shorter, show.

Not much to say to this beyond "yeah" or "absolutely" so yeah, absolutely agree.

Occupation posted:

Also has anyone listened to Spencer's interview on This Feels Terrible? It's insane, what happened to his last girlfriend.

Yeah I usually skip 75% of TFT episodes that I download, but that one was a big bowl of crazy.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Irish Joe posted:

I don't know, it sounded to me like Spencer was overinflating what happened because he's young, goony and doesn't have any perspective.

Yeah I agree with this too, and some of his logical leaps don`t really make much sense.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

That was one of the better episodes in some time.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

When Sharpie finds the dead adventurers with their loot and says, "Jackpot! ... and a tragedy." it's the perfect summation of how it feels playing most video games.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This week's episode highlighted how weak the show is when both Jeff and Kumail aren't around.

Also I like Rob Schrab and I like Erin's games but they really do not mix, the "I hate all games" schtick got old quickly. They're also all getting worse at D&D every week. I don't know anything about D&D and I don't mind them being bad at actually playing the game, I mean that they're getting worse at making it entertaining because they just squabble with Spencer about what they can and can't do.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Lisa's friend was nuts. Even Lisa didn't want her to speak because she was saying things like "Lisa is responsible for there being a season 5" which is so completely insane that it was just baffling. Delusional doesn't even begin to cover it.

Also Julietta was brutal too. Dan helped her get a work visa. It took a while to process, completely out of his control, and she's mad at him for not... shutting down Community entirely until she could work on it? Are you serious? He helped you get a work visa at least! You're just some idiot in the audience of his podcast taping, that's already way more than he had to do.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

It didn't come across that way but I also listened to it on the way to work before I had any coffee so maybe I'm wrong.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I really cannot stand Adam Goldberg. Or anyone from the audience, really. Except maybe that guy who yelled GET OFF THE STAGE at Goldberg.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I haven't listened yet but from the iTunes description, this sounds like a stacked episode. So many good guests (Kumail, Steve Agee, Mitch Hurwitz, Harris Wittels)!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I would listen to Hurwitzburg, absolutely. He's just so drat quick. This was a good episode.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Golden Bee posted:

You know Adam posts here, right?

That does not make him not a clown

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I usually like when Dan grabs onto something and refuses to let it go but this was just annoying. Maybe it's because he usually does that during the non-D&D parts of the show? The D&D lately has been horrible because they're always hammered and don't remember what's happening and don't even want to do it (or some do and some don't - Jeff really wanted to play this week, and Dan clearly didn't). I think it was annoying to me because I saw the file length, saw that there were ~30 minutes left when they said "time for D&D", and thought they might actually DO something this episode. Instead I got 30 minutes of "OHHH EXCUUUUUUSE MEEEEE"-stuff.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

AND they accomplished something in D&D! Solid episode.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Spencer is really funny now. He was always sorta funny, but now he makes me laugh out loud.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Occupation posted:

My favorite part of the episode is dan, completely by accident, providing decent analysis of the Super Bowl

I wish they did Sports Corner more often, it's consistently hilarious.

There's a teaser for the documentary up at http://live.harmontown.com

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

caligulamprey posted:

I want Matt Gourley on Harmontown every week.

He was fantastic.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I think that's just the Harmontown song that they made up, isn't it? Come on down to Harmontown, turn that frown upside-down, pee is yellow poop is brown, come on down to Harmontown? I could be confused.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Spencer is on tonight's episode of Community and it's loving great.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The duck joke shirt that they mentioned: http://skreened.com/capitalecreations/dan-harmon-s-duck-joke

I will miss this podcast during April. :(

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I am seeing the Harmontown documentary next weekend, I'll report back. Has anyone else seen it/is planning to see it?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I don't think so, I think you can just go watch it, it's an open area.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Harmontown documentary is interesting. In the interest of time, and focusing more on Dan himself, it doesn't really explain the premise of the podcast and does a crappy job letting you know anything about Jeff or Erin (beyond "he co-hosts, she's his girlfriend"). That said, they don't gloss over the ugly stuff - the Pittsburgh fight episode is covered, as is Dan's horrible procrastination about the CBS and Fox pilots he was supposed to be writing rather than driving across the country drinking vodka and rapping about people's mamas.

It does a good job of showing Dan as he is - a really smart, talented guy who has some horrible problems and flaws. My favorite part of the movie are all these talking head interviews with "Harmenians" as well as people like Steve Agee, Community's cast, Sarah Silverman, Jack Black, Rob Schrab, etc. talking about Dan.

Definitely worth seeing if you get the chance. My girlfriend thought it was great despite only kinda liking Community and having never listened to the podcast. That said, a lot of old people looked grumpy and a few people left, but that's a documentary festival for you.

Hoping that Neil releases a double-length director's cut or something on the DVD, I could have watched that documentary for hours.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Not really. They just say how people flock to him/the show because they feel like weird outcasts and he makes them feel less alone. Pretty standard

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

It's the Baywatch Nights of Harmontown.

No I have no idea what it was but if it becomes a regular thing I probably won't listen to it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Community has been canceled. I wonder if this will have an impact on the next episode of Harmontown.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I really liked Adam's quiz. I thought this was a decent episode but goddamn I wish they would make some progress in D&D more than like, once every 3 months.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah I did space out during that too, that happens to me a lot with podcasts because I listen while working, but especially when Dan gets going on something stupid

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

"You don't give someone notes on their performance at a soup kitchen."

Tremendous.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Someone should compile all the Sports Corners into a Youtube video or something. They are my favorite segment.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I thought Proops was great this episode until D&D, then he was overbearing and annoying. Still liked the episode overall!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

"IF VOTING WAS POWERFUL IT WOULD BE ILLEEEGAAAAAALLLLLLLL"

This was a fun episode.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

"That's Adam Goldberg, he's God's offensive gesture. He's the human middle finger."
(Sorry Adam but that was hilarious.)

Great episode imho

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Arstan posted:

You guys don't understand.

He doesn't really have a Pringles dick. He just keeps his dick inside a Pringles can because it keeps his penis warm and dry.

Uh, it's safe and dry. You're off the moon buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

MY ABACUS! posted:

I wish DeMorge would take over Erin's character forever.

He's great. I found Real Abed to be pretty insufferable, though.