Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Really? That's awesome. I love The Chris Gethard Show, and watching it live is great, but sometimes I can't watch live, so I watch it later on a Youtube channel. This will basically make Harmontown similar to TCGS, so that rules. Live when I can, podcast when I can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

How was that episode not called Alligator Lincoln

e: mods please change my name to Alligator Lincoln tia.

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Sep 2, 2014

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I don't know about you guys but I loved this week's episode. D&D was also great. I thought it would be a bad episode since none of the regulars were there besides Dan and Spencer but it was actually pretty refreshing to not listen to Jeff and Erin snark at each other.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

There will be a live podcast in Toronto on October 4 at the Bloor Hot Docs Cinema. They're also showing the documentary if you're into that. I saw the documentary during HotDocs so I'm just going to the podcast. Also tickets are like $12 with all fees and taxes so it's super cheap.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Brekelefuw posted:

Holy crap. Getting tickets to that.

Edit: tickets bought. My girlfriend has never watched Community or heard the podcast. Boy is she in for an evening of confusion.

My girlfriend has seen Community and the documentary but has never heard the podcast, she will also be confused, especially when they get to D&D.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Toronto comptroller will be Bobcat Goldthwait. Fuuuuuck yes

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Golden Bee posted:

They're always hiring on Big Bang Theory, Umalt.

If I could remember the emoticon for the ICE BURN thing and wasn't on my phone, it would be here. A+

Brekelfrump are you going to the movie too or just the podcast?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Dino was atrocious during D&D but he was alright the rest of the episode.

I'm looking forward to Saturday night's podcast in Toronto. Bobcat as the comptroller will be good. Erin won't be there. I am crossing my fingers for a Sports Corner even though I know there won't be one without Jeff. It truly is the best segment.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Irish Joe posted:

If only the internet provided a solution to your problem..

What's the solution? I don't get it. Please explain.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

It was a little over 2 hours. It ended around 11:30 and started a bit after 9.

Canadian moon bombs, Lady in Red turned into Transgender Woman in Lavender, etc. I had a good time despite having to sit way near the back.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Brekelefuw posted:

I hope none of you were the guy wearing the leisure suit with a tall brown top hat.

Oh man I was going to post this. I went to get another beer (they had just closed) and he was yelling at the bartenders because they wouldn't sell him any more beer.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I mean I prefer audio podcasts, and the audio is still going to be free, and I don't live anywhere near LA, so I don't really see the point of paying for a subscription.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

TontoCorazon posted:

Pronoun Nazis are retarded

It's okay, Dan has a retarded sister!!

As someone who was there, Dan was hammered on Saturday then started drinking moonshine and accidentally called Janne "him" a few times while rambling about how important it is to let people be called whatever pronoun they want. It was clearly not done with any bad intent, he was just drunk and made a mistake, ironically while rambling and ranting about the very thing he was making mistakes about. It's probably even easier to make that mistake because Dan first met Janne as "Glen".

All that said it'd probably just be easier to say sorry but that's not the kind of person he is so whatever

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I feel like a lot of people didn't read the subscription thing properly.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Sithsaber posted:

So is the newest Harmontown not available yet or did I miss something in the q&a episode?

That's the newest one. The one taped on Saturday night in Toronto is not up.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

CPColin posted:

"Do you have a Jim Belushi impression, Mitch?"
"Well, I have a Jon Belushi impression that isn't very good, so yes."

Murders me every single time.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

She wasn't up there for too long, Dustin probably didn't want to bother editing her out.

When that blind dude came up and said he had trouble not being racist, I was reaaaally wondering where things were going to go.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I could listen to an entire podcast of just Sports Corner.

Wait, somebody get Harmon on Sklarbro Country.

"This entire city has its-team-fever"

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Houston episode was miles better than the Austin episode. Comptroller you like does not necessarily equal a good comptroller.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I liked this episode and thought Joel McHale was very funny on it. I also didn't hate Duncan for like the first time ever

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Duncan's raspy voice reminds me of TJ Miller's voice kinda, is that who you're thinking of?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Brocktoon posted:

I thought that Dan's Busta Rhymes impression would be the biggest laugh of the new episode, but then the Russian guy asked, "Who is Adam Goldberg?" and I almost got into an accident from laughing.

Agreed, but for me this was all topped by the Russian guy wanting to ask Dan just one question, and then the question was so totally ridiculous I just lost it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Video is apparently up, but the audio podcast hasn't come out for some reason.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah it's up now, but it wasn't earlier.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Man that stuff about Siike's brain was brutal

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

if it makes you feel better Erin rarely shows up anymore and Dan doesn't rap really either.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

yrreg posted:

so we don't have to read your dumb posts.

there's an ignore button, just use it if you don't want to see his posts? not that complicated

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

yeah it's annoying because I used to listen to Harmontown at work on Tuesdays and then Best Show at work on Wednesdays, now Harmontown will carry forward to Thursday probably but a lot of stuff comes out Thursday so I'm gonna have a podcast backlog again

also my diamond shoes are too tight a bloo bloo bloo

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I can't speak for everyone but I live in a city where most of my commute is underground, and I have an old rear end iPod, so my podcasts have to be audio files that are downloaded to my computer. This really is not a big deal for me, just a minor annoyance anyway. I don't know if you guys are subscribers to the paid thing or not but I'm just gonna do what I've always done which is post about the episode whenever I get around to listening to it

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

okay so the laughing guy you were all referring to is not who I was referring to - now there are TWO annoying laughers. I'm just catching up on last week's episode now and there's a high-pitched giggling dude who always irritates me, but this monotone HAW HAW HAW HAW guy is atroooocious and I wound up skipping most of the episode as a result. I'm fighting through the Shadowrun stuff just so that I'm not lost later.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I'll buy a subscription if they ban the bad laughers

(this goes for all comedy shows, I would happily pay a premium to boot out people with bad laughs)

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Toxxupation posted:

that being said what was the segment like

This is the worst part about the way the podcast is split now - some people in the thread listened/watched it already, some others won't hear it for another 2-3 days, it splits the discussion and whatnot. (This has nothing to do with you or your post, just a good example of why this sucks)

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

if you don't have Irish Joe on ignore you're as dumb as a person who buys a subscription to look at Dan Harmon dribble vodka on himself

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Tuxedo Jack posted:

I guess I'm missing the joke. Was this previously discussed? Or mentioned in the latest podcast? I'm an audio only guy, this week's isn't up on Podkicker yet.

Okay I'll bite. Rob Schrab does a thing ("Schrabbing") where he asks obtuse questions to antagonize people. For example, Kumail could tweet "I'm guest starring on Portlandia on IFC tonight at 10pm!" and Schrab would reply with "where can we see it?" etc.

for example
or this

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I like Erin but she can be annoying. Any of them can be annoying depending on the episode. I generally like all of the regulars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Brocktoon posted:

I can't believe no one mentioned how awesome Andy Kindler was last week. One of the best Harmontown guests ever.

I quit listening to this show about a month ago but Andy Kindler as a guest almost convinced me to come back, maybe I will listen to that episode.

I think I started disliking the podcast around the time I went to a live one in Toronto