Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

cooldude2.0 posted:

I feel like I've forgotten some stuff though. Wasn't there a tiny person? Does no one miss that council of elders that got offed by... was it Samari? Is Samari the captain?
Captain Kobayashi sent someone to assassinate the council, no one really cares because the fact that there's a group of immortal old-type humans that actually run things on the ship isn't common knowledge. Most of them were in suspended animation, I think the only ones left are bear-lady, scientist-grandma, Ochiai (various versions), and the captian. I think the chief engineer might be one of the immortals too, not sure about that though.

The tiny person took over Kunato's maid's body, just like Ochiai took over Kunato.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Chas McGill posted:

After reading a bunch of josei recently*, I want something to redress the balance. What are some good cyberpunk/near-future mangas with a dark outlook? I'm planning on trying Akira already, and I didn't particularly like the manga version of GitS. Blame is on my list as well.

*I made the opposite of this post a few weeks ago in the other thread.
Battle Angel Alita, both the original and Last Order.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

If we're going by the fact that civilians apparently have no trouble getting handguns in not-Japan, it's possible for them to handwave away firearms as being suicide/medical tools.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Battle Angel Alita. Post-Apocalyptic sci-fi about a girl exploding people with cyborg martial arts.

The original is finished, Last Order just got canceled, and we're supposed to get to Mars sometime in the near future when it relaunches again.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Managed to break willing suspension of disbelief on the first page.