Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Pierson posted:

Yeah Akumetsu was loving great because it never for a single second de-escalated or slowed down at all. It was a fun time watching the insane poo poo happen and there was a kind of collective agreement nobody was going to say "wait this is just trashy schlock". Then, as mentioned, Wolf Guy happened.

I'm less familiar with whether Mazinger Zero is their fault too or whether Go Nagai was operating on that level of horny.

Go Nagai is a man for whom an everyday superhero is a naked lady who lands crotch-first into villain's faces to take them out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Now that it's established Buddha wants humans to win, will he be matched against a human that wants the gods to win?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

This only raises further questions

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buddha is also considered one of "the gods" in this framing, remember how he had to intentionally change to humanity's side? where the other three are clearly on humanity's side from the get-go here, which definitely implies something about Jesus (and Confucius for that matter).

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Or the manga is taking the position that Mohammed was right

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Mulva posted:

Well I mean the Islamic take on the situation isn't particularly different. Mary/Maryam is still a holy virgin. She was chosen by God, purified, impregnated by the holy spirit, and gave birth to Jesus/Isa who is the Messiah. Who will still come again in the final days to fight the Anti-Christ/Al-Masih ad-Dajjal and usher in eternal peace on Earth. The only real difference as far as Islam is concerned is adding "And also Mohammed is loving rad" to the end.

But he isn't God tho

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

What is watching Canaan like after playing Shibuya Scramble rather than before? That whole situation weirded me out when the game showed up on steam.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

LatwPIAT posted:

Just finished episode 2. This show is odd, and I’m not sure how much I can take of the girl with her head perpetually in the clouds and the guy whose jaw drops every time she says something weird.

Still going to watch more episodes, though.

yeah not having watched canaan but being familiar with its source material, i'm definitely going to recommend shibuya scramble (when it's on sale, because this is not a 50 dollar VN) as some big context

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

mazinger as a manga isn't that hot either. very short and kind of all over the place. it took off on TV, but the toei anime isn't great either; the best mazinger content is all scattered anime and fun SRW reinterpretations.

devilman rules though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Ringo Roadagain posted:

for anyone who has been waiting, someone has begun translating yokoyama's water margin manga. volume 3 was just released.

https://mangadex.org/title/d299f08c-725c-4500-b407-e64c472c2223/suikoden

finally a reference point for the inexplicable chinese classical literature characters in giant robo