Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Well, violence is always safe to talk about so here's the newest chapter of Tenkaichi.

Cheering for old man Hanzo and all of his dirty tricks.

It is really hard to root for Hanzo in this one because he's on such a back heel not being Sasaki Kojiro and putting in far more effort in just the first chapter of this fight compared to Kojiro not pulling out any tricks or misdirection. Best case scenario of this fight is that he fakes his death and continues on to do stuff in the background to subvert Nobunaga. So here's hoping the ninja has a really good trick up his sleeve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Rosen Garten

This panel basically sums up the series. As for the fight Excalibur is still an incredibly potent trump card even if the theory spawned from the last chapter wasn't on point. Not sure if this is a callback to FATE or anything but given the number of variants of King Arthur/Saber there are I wouldn't be surprised. I hope that Arthur and Alibaba become bros after this fight.

Also, it's Attila's time to shine. I don't think his team will win since Hagen's crew is pretty stacked in terms of power and equipment but we also know Attila isn't playing the same game as everyone else.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter of Shiori Experience
Looks like we're introducing the last two contractors of the series. Pretty sure this chapter spoiled it but it should be Jim Morrison and Brian Jones going by the associated plugs on the backs of the necks of the two new guys.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://twitter.com/kanaten_PR/status/1651029576229994496
Stupid Angel dances with the Devil is getting an anime. Along with 'Mysteries, Maidens, and Mysterious Disapperances' I hope that snowballs into an official english release.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

The next fight in Record of Ragnarok begins. Leonidas vs. Apollo. Interesting aesthetic Leonidas has.
I feel like I lost the same bet the translator did. Simo should be stepping up here but maybe Captain AmericaGreece will deliver.

quote:

Also, the last chapter of Tenkaichi until Versus wraps up. Wasn't expecting a Gu ritual backstory.
Great, so Kojiro is getting tentative plot armor all the way up till the semi-finals so they can fight the Ittosai. At this point the real surprise would be Jisai getting cucked out of his revenge by any of the other fighters taking out Kojiro or Ittosai but it ain't going to be Uncle Hanzo. Why do the boring fighters get to move forward?

Still a better plot point than current Kengan Omega.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I Am Fowl posted:

I dunno, I could see Kojiro losing and then Jisai turning to another fighter for his revenge. We've already theorized that from here on, techniques are gonna develop and hybridize and this dude is basically the ultimate martial arts trainer.

I still suspect that hanzo will "lose" the first round but have a body double prepared or something so he can operate in the background against Nobunaga. But because a couple fighters have highlighted that Kojiro hasn't used everything they have yet, that's plenty good to carry them into the next round with some confidence. So far the fighters that lost used everything they could have mustered in their first fight.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Honestly impressed anyone can still enjoy record of ragnarok. It's so basic
I've been chasing the high that was Adam vs Zeus this entire series but I still find stuff to enjoy even if the fights aren't that great despite a clash between the gods and the best of humanity.

Pierson posted:

Yeah between this and Tenkaichi we need a good joke where one side gets utterly jobbed. Although I guess (Tenkaichi) William Adams got dispatched pretty easily without anything besides some basic back-and-forth.
That fight was highway robbery and I demand justice.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, people seemed real mad that the boring rapist with no other discernable personality traits got stomped in Tenkaichi. Don't really get why.
Because they gutted any of the real life William Adams in favor of a bland backstory and lovely personality trait to make him unlikable. On top of that his first appearance has him clearly carrying a Katana which makes sense because Adams was appointed as a Samurai during his life on Japan, on top of attaining high status. And instead made him a knife fighter whose technique was pigeon-holed to being useful on a boat but practically not much else. Then sacrificed to a paradoxically more boring psycho who has also been the mouthpiece of fighter commentary to a large degree up to that match meaning he was already far more likely to walk out the fight alive. It was lovely all around for that fight.

And if Adam didn't bring a tear to your eyes standing up for his kids I have nothing to say to you :colbert:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Will never understand why people get upset when 'Guy with clear focus and attention throughout the story' beats 'dude that just showed up'.
Nobody likes a fight that can be summarized as 'wasted potential' much less in a story where the main driving force is the fights.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Tenkaichi
If Hanzo manages to pull out a fat W by taking Kojiro for a ride on the ruse cruise I'll be surprised. Things are looking up here but I'm not getting too excited just yet.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

:drat:
Taking bets on whether this is some brain shenanigans or will lead to brain shenanigans.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This chapter dredged up my issue that there were no American historical figures in the roster. This would have 100% been a great time to bring out Muhammad Ali and have a fakeout opening where it seems Apollo is just going to range out Ali who is able to avoid ranged attacks with his impressive footwork; only for the crowd to call him out and he decides to make a ring for some good old fashion boxing.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Nikola Tesla was in it.

Isn't he Austrian but emigrated to the US?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Squidster posted:

It's been a long time, but a new chapter of The Bugle Call just dropped.

Beloved Empress

And she is nerfed compared to her prime years

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I know the Garland is capable of dropping meteors on people but the Mirror Knight is going to be a tough act to follow up on. She's just as huge a logistical nightmare as the main characters RTS powers but she also can fight on her own.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

Tenkaichi 30

Holy poo poo, Hanzo actually won :stare:

After months of predicting that it would be Hanzo eating poo poo because Kojiro was blatantly set up against Musashi both historically and in the story itself. I'm happy my guy Hanzo actually pulled out the W and used Musashi against Kojiro in the best way possible. :woop:

Emzedoh posted:

I'll believe Kojiro is dead when I see the corpse. But yeah, what an upset!

Same honestly, I theorized that Hanzo could survive this match by faking his death so it's entirely possible Kojiro manages to do the same. He was alive going into that fall so we'll see.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sindai posted:

This version of Kojiro was not very interesting so I'm fine with him losing.

Hanzo's going to need a magic prosthetic arm or something though.

If the author is a fan of Sekiro, we can probably swing something in time for the next round.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rody One Half posted:

I didn't see a better thread for it but worth saying: that Pluto anime loving rules as hard as you'd hope a Pluto anime would

It finally came out? Hot drat I'll have something to watch later this week.

Mindblast posted:

Seeing that cross section of Hanzo's spear was interesting. I never considered that there would be something inside the pole.

Some kind of sliding mechanism is all I can guess. Or the reservoir of poison for the 2nd spear tip

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
First PV for Mysteries, Maidens, and Mysterious Disappearances is out. We'll also be seeing an official english TL starting Next year so hats off to the author for their current and continued success.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Tenkaichi 32

I'm going all in on Yasukecoin, we need more non-sword guys in this and Club+Shield is a cool weapon combo.

I feel like yasuke is a much better bet than William Adams turned out to be. as far as making it out of the first round. Gotta get some gaijin representation on the bracket and we're so far looking good in that Yasuke isn't a surprise sexual predator or something.

Worth noting that this is the 2nd time a character's weapon choice was retconned between their initial appearance and actual fight. Yasuke had like 8 sticks strapped to his body originally and his tournament blurb said he practiced some two stick fighting style native to southern africa. Now he's rocking the Club and Shield which isn't a bad change mind you, and the story is leaning to the theme of strongest spear vs Strongest shield so I'm interested.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Squidster posted:

Another ominous toot from the Bugle Call!
Plans for the Future

The Pope is def. a real piece of poo poo, but they really do need super-soldiers to hold off the Empire. Zoe is the child at the center of Omelas, only she's too brainwashed to realize how terrible her life is. At least Lucas is in her corner!

I do also wonder how recent the Ramus are; I suspect they've only been around for a century at most.

I loved that performance of the neck-cracker suite.:discourse:

As for your spoilers I'd agree the ramus are recent. Probably only 2-3 generations but it's possible this isn't the first occurrence of Ramus given the towers are these ancient structures.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
A new chapter of Bugle's call dropped.
New guy has a couple death flags on him so we'll see how long he lasts. We're putting the Garland in more focus as well, gonna be interesting to see what her father's deal is and how the Pope plans to usurp her powers.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter of Usuzami no Hate dropped. We're on a train

I like that even in the dystopian future curry has endured, you do like your curry spicy right?

Another series I recently picked up has some promising opening chapters. Daikaiju Gaea-tima

quote:

The port town of Sukuba was hit by a huge wave caused by a monster that suddenly appeared from the sea. The inactive monster dissolved into the sea and became a rich source of nutrients for fish and shellfish. As a result, Sukuba's economy thrived. The monster started to be called Gaea-Tima, the god of the harvest.

A young girl, Yako Morinomiya, a victim of the disaster, made a doll of Gaea-Tima, as a memento of the event, which was sold as a souvenir and became a popular item. However, for the first time in 10 years, a monster appears in the reconstructed town of Sukuba...

Is this monster a friend or foe of mankind?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

Any new (last 5 years) horror or thriller manga with a more 'serious' feel to recommend? By serious I guess I mean something with less of a splatter/b-movie vibe - Manhole, Monster, and Homunculus are good examples of what I'm looking for.

This one just started it's official english publication. But you an try The Tree of Death: Yomotsuhegui. Story starts off with a former cop being released from prison after he got revenge for the murder of his wife and child on one of the two men responsible. He goes to finish what he started years ago with the remaining man but things don't go according to plan.

The mangaka is Kakizaki Masasumi who also did Green Blood and Beast Battler. I like his art style and general vibes to his writing. Tree of Death does go do some dark places in just the first volume but both the scanlations available and Seven Seas TLs seem solid. 2nd volume will be out later this year and the final volume is TBA

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
There's a new chapter of Mieruko-chan
The father + hell horse combo is still really strong in this meta. But I get the impression the horses days are numbered

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Saw this on the MD catalog and the art style alone got me to click. Void No. Nine.

Only two chapters so it's initial setup but I love me some post apocalypse fiction and everything about the premise has me interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New update for The Bugle's Call. It's attack of the clones.
Miura continues to be a shining example of a speedster that is as strong as his power should be. Balanced by his crippling anxiety and partnership with Lucas's ability.