Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i wonder if Hanazawa's next work will also have a weak man's life being ruined by a woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Jose posted:

Is Guyver worth reading?
no, the author takes breaks all the time, and the (supposed to be) monthly length of chapters is less than that of a weekly series (sometimes), and there isn't really enough interest for translations to come out regularly

Relin fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 28, 2017

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

you're right, someone needs to do something about all this loki mischief. then this would never happen

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

coathat posted:

They should do no such thing.
so you're saying you're cool with pandora in the crimson shell?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

that kind of sounds like an affirmative.......

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i really dont like the other party's leader in dungeon meshi

it looks like fire punch will wrap up soon

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

since i am old and jaded it takes a lot to surprise me when it comes to manga but the fried hand teleportation scene in ajin was pretty sweet.

the premises to uwagaki and immortal hounds are both painfully stupid but IH is mildly interesting enough to keep me reading it

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

urasawa should have taken his own advice in billy bat and kept drawing

because that ending was incomplete

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

zetman translations finally limped to the finish line. pretty incomplete ending, remains to be seen if act 2 is ever drawn (it's been three years since it finished).

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

a moment of clarity in the third to last genshiken chapter :(

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

pretty disappointed in the cliche 'trucking' in solanin. overall it was alright though

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

was the mechanical drawing on the scroll ever explained in billy bat?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

sue is 1d as hell. it would have been much more realistic had he gone for the sister hostess (who also feels like the most realistic character in the harem), been dumped/cheated on by her, then gone with some new unknown female

but that's manga for ya

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Mikl posted:

I'm so INCREDIBLY PISSED OFF I'm not even going to spoiler this.

The wife (finally) gives birth. The husband goes to visit her in the hospital, and her former boyfriend is there, and the husband gets jealous. He brushes it off, and then goes home for the night. While he's walking home this happens:

And yes, in the next chapter she comes over, and they have sex. And he does it because he's mad at his wife for still being friends with her ex, since every time he sees them together he gets jealous, and "what if they breaking up and her marrying me is just them taking pity on me since I'm such a loser and I would never have gotten laid on my own".

This loving guy cheats on his wife, who's in the hospital with their newborn daughter, because he thinks she might be looking down on him. Despite there never being any indication that this is true.

:murder:
hahaha. this author is SO BAD

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's perfectly realistic for people to do stupid, selfish things which destroy their own happiness. i just don't wanna read about it.
its not realistic to never set it up as a character flaw

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

the original protagonist became a normie, which is clearly not Shimoku Kio's target audience

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

he was just into madarame. the series ends with him pursuing the dumpy fat fujoshi

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i stopped reading death note shortly after the first half because it had a sensible ending despite all of light's fuckups

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

but enough about eden

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

hard to like a series where the protagonists are villains

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

https://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-11-09/gantz-hiroya-oku-i-am-a-hero-kengo-hanazawa-launch-new-manga/.123808

together, they are going to create the most powerfully bad ending of all time

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Coaaab posted:

Actually in the description, Oku and Hanazawa are each starting separate series in Big Comic Superior.
ah. LOOKS LIKE ANN NEEDS SOME TITLE EDITORS

I CAN'T BE EXPECTED TO READ ARTICLES

both the endings will be separately terrible then

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i look forward to reading it in several years when it is finished

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

HenryEx posted:

New Dungeon Meshi

It's good, but also bad that we have to wait 2 months for the next one
i thought when they said that character was missing in their party it was the short, cat slit eyed character with ear parts on the hat, because they didnt show up at all in that harpy boss fight arc

this character is similar but totally different in height and other features

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

it's ok because faces are usually under masks in biomega

it really makes me sad his stories and art took a nosedive starting with sidonia

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

don't use mangafox and its subsidiaries. i clicked this since i didn't know what series it was and it said it was licensed in your country and then accidentally clicked an ad image in my haste. luckily i use several layers of browser security but in the long past i once got a virus from MF

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i really want to like moyashimon. i've gotten like 60 chapters through it with the translation done (having stopped at like 12 originally) but it's not making it easy for me to continue. The main problem is how the actual plot comes to a screeching halt so often. the chapters featuring only microbes, speaking at length about history or facts (with no humans) and the frequent asides about science by the professor or students make it really boring and unpleasant to read. I read books and I like manga mixed with factoids, but this is just too much of an infodump all. the. time. the main character's power is also underutilized, which seems to be kind of the point, but it would have made the story more interesting.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

I wish MMO had a dedicated site for the comics instead of a million page tumblr you have to comb through. And no, Vice doesn't have anywhere near all of them.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Fushi is going to gently caress the male successor and finally answer the question of What If Ranma Got Pregnant And Then Transformed Back

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Bushmeister posted:

I'm pretty sure the "I'm a homo" *record scratch* gag is in one of the stories on Katsuhiro Otomo's Sayonara Nippon which is set mostly in New York and stars a karate teacher from Japan trying to live his life? I remember liking the collection a lot, should probably read it again soon.
ah neat, didn't know that was finished. it's a shame otomo's stuff is mostly untranslated. i still need to read mother sarah too

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i cant read his work, the faces and bodies put me off too much

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

mountain arc feels like endgame to me

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

Sword dad manga is entirely unapologetic and unsympathetic about slavery
its really bad because its one of those *dress everything with rpg menus and tropes* kind of isekai

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

i like NTR but the developments in spotted flower are out of nowhere. like nidaime it feels written just for the purpose of continuing the plot without being a natural progression, because the writer backed himself into a corner. i stopped reading SF and only completed nidaime because i just wanted to check it off my list

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

*posts fetish manga* "A bit too heavy on the plot this time"
weight loss is a fetish everyone should have

ps VA VA VOOM

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

the author's already known for being terrible endings but this feels like it was given the signal to wrap it up

oh well it was cool while it lasted

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

"oh 5 new chapters? except no 46 or 48 ...

Relin fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 1, 2019

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

which he utterly failed at

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

you didnt expect a japanese series to transition to japanese high school

Relin fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

in wakusei closet, it seems like they failed to escape the time loop in the end. i think the scalloptopusses were converting people on their side into more of them, but you get kind of corrupted? but also they have babies? i'm not sure what caused the loop, the aliens were aware of it at least. or where the loop begins and ends. neat little story despite the ambiguity though

Relin fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 18, 2020