Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I wish someone would shout SHOKUGEKI! whenever I cook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Serious Frolicking posted:

I was rereading this recently, and I noticed just how amazingly funny a lot of the recipes really are. Like, early on Souma deglazes a pan with wine and then thickens it with starch and then people react like it was this revolutionary new technique.

can you link this I dont remember it.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Compendium posted:

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/246285/shokugeki-no-soma_ch71_by_casanova

Chapter 71 is up! Feels like it's gonna be a close battle. Also this chapter proves that the author can outdo himself in making ridiculous spreads that don't need to be fanservice.

Amazing.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Angry Grimace posted:

Shokugeki no Soma - Etoile

A random spin-off starring Shinomiya. Apparently, there is a Tadokoro in every country.

the translation of this bothered me a little, they translate "de rien" as "you're welcome" but the term is actually used to mean "It was nothing" showing that the whole scene mimics the first showdown in Shokugeki.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Sonata Mused posted:

The new episode of the anime finally introduces the main character.

Megumi is wonderful already yesssssssssss.....

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

so, Rice-a-roni risotto cabbage roll stuffed inside a cooked bird I can do that.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Mraagvpeine posted:

I was lurking around when I found this guy who cooked up some of the meals shown in the series. Here are the ones that he's done so far.

That looks really good, but his presentation leaves something to be desired.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

BlitzBlast posted:

I dunno, I think it's kind of funny that literally everyone around Erina is starting to develop and progress while she just sulks in a corner.

To be fair im ok with not getting 3 months of Erina flashback stories trying to show why she's such a tsundere.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Angry Grimace posted:

New chapter is up. On my phone, so no link.

It almost seems random that the rest of the E10 is here since Soma has an active feud with the Ninth Seat already (that he doesn't know about). All he needs to do is foil one more of his plans, I think.

an active feud over Shoujo manga

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I can't wait to get some Cooking Master Boy references in the Chinese cooking montage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
CABBAGE MAGIC!

God I love this series. That might actually have been better than the manga version and I dont' say that lightly.