Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Is it too early to tell how classes are faring in PVP? I've got a Juggernaut, Merc, and Sorc that I played about a year ago, all DPS. I really enjoyed PVP in SWTOR, except for the unkillable healers. Not sure if that's changed. Thinking about picking up SoR and playing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Rannison posted:

Welp. Guess I need to unlock HK finally.

It'll give me something to due whilst queues are agonizingly long.

Are these parts/schematics things you can buy off the GTN, or do you have to level cybertech and make them yourself?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Is there any benefit (gathering efficiency, damage, etc) to maxing out HK-51 or 2V-R8's affection?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

I just realized that like all my classes are melee. Need to shake it up and go ranged, I think. Merc or Sorc? Will probably only DPS, although I have a small amount of experience with Merc healing back during release. Are the playstyles any different than they were in 2.0?

Arsenal is really similar, but there's a few things added in to make it more mobile. For instance, you can instant cast one ability on a target, which makes your next tracer missile instant cast. Sorc is really different - extremely mobile now. You cast your lightning bolt type attack over and over, but you can cast it on the move. Everything else is mostly instant cast from procs. Sounds slick as gently caress, that's gonna be my next 60. Trying to think of a variation of "Dresner" to name him. Other than Dresnerd.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0rwG39Jzk

Darth Vader's voice in Star Wars swapped out for James Earl Jones's voice from other films. Probably posted before, but watch it again. I was in tears laughing.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Gonna buy that armor and gun

Isn't the gun already available? Or is there something different about it that I'm not getting?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

I took pictures of my characters!

Juggernaut Dresner

Sorcerer Vesner

Mercenary Toblerone

Still not super happy with mercenary pants and boots and pants and boots or the weapons. Primordial blasters would look better, I think.

Any recommendations for better looks for anything are always appreciated. I like playing space barbie.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Packs only run about 400K credits on the GTN, which isn't a whole lot once you get up and running at 60. Only disadvantage is you gotta wait til they unbind from people who buy them so you don't get things right away on patch day.

Even then, you'll likely lose a lot of money going for packs unless you want the reputation. I recommend just buying the individual items you want off the GTN.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Well, looks like you can get max contraband rep and certificates pretty cheaply now. I'm gonna hop on this to get those before it gets nerfed. Can multiple people use a slot machine at once? How long does each "play" take?

Revan/Nihilus masks are gonna get so cheap.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Medullah posted:

The masks you buy from Contraband are BOP.

Yes, but why buy them off the GTN for 10m credits when you can use a slot machine for rep and certificates?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Musco posted:

With those in mind, we decided to make the following changes, which will be live tomorrow:
  • The drop rate on all Jawa scraps, has been greatly reduced
  • The drop rate on Contraband Reputation items, has been increased
  • To insure that the Slot Machine is still an awesome item to strive for, we have added a faction specific walker mount as a very rare drop
  • Lastly, we have increased the cost of each Slot Machine coin from 500 to 750 credits. It was always our intent that the coin cost would increase over time as we add more Slot Machines that accept the coin

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

NOT to stir dissent or contribute to an exodus, but there do seem to be goons posting in the thread that have a more updated feel of the current and upcoming MMOs out there. I never tried PVP in FFXIV, and never played newer poo poo like Wildstar, TERA, or TESO.

I know some people hate SWTOR PVP with a passion, but I enjoy warzones and getting rewarded for it. If what I like is instanced PVP with gear progression, is there actually anything better than SWTOR?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Medullah posted:

I think I'll put together a new 3.0 OP over the next week. Condense the 2.0 specific information, and add a few things that I can think of right now based on the questions that we get -

Is the game worth playing F2P?

What stories are the best?

Can I just use the orange shell I got the whole time?

What's the best tank class?

What companion should I use?

Should I level as tank or DPS or heals?

Add information based on the changes to skill trees, etc.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Most of the current OP is still legit, but could benefit from some clean up.

How do I make money
What should I buy from the cartel market
What should I wear to get started PVPing

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Most of the reason people play on RP servers is because XxXLeetdudeYOLO is less likely to be there. They aren't interested in roleplaying usually, just interested in filtering out certain people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Get 2 more, turn that into a clock.

• Locked thread