Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mind over Matter posted:

It's a combination of this and that fact that LFG isn't cross-server. But yes, getting both a tank and a healer at the same time is hard to do it seems. What I find interesting is that in my experience it's both of those roles being rare, as opposed to tanks being rare and healers being medium, or vice-versa.

Another thing it seems like if anyone is going to be an idiot in a group it's the tank. Oh no, the healer has a slightly lower level earpiece, time to rage quit.

For example, I pugged a SM TFB where the off tank rage quit after people needed on a crystal drop. He wasn't even all that great of a tank (and just ask people in TNG, I know everything about being a terrible off tank)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ossipago posted:

Without going into too much detail, your own personal quest for power unsettles the existing Sith leadership and that ties into the war at several points. You do change the balance of things, mainly by putting yourself in the balance. But it is one of the less epic stories because it's all self-focused. Everything else is incidental to you you you you.

Surprisingly I can't find anything on YouTube but there's a lot of great conversation options to be a completely self centered child.

One line is literally "It was all me! Me me me me me!"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

CobiWann posted:

Maybe that was my problem with Tatooine. I didn't kill enough Jawas.

Make sure to get all jawa killing achievements!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

So what new looks have you guys come up with now that we have character recustomization and dyes?

I turned my bounty hunter into an 80's action hero:

Wow dyes really let you improve that look.

I just wish I could play the game. loving TWC; I haven't had internet at home since Monday night and it was spotty then.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If you're just missing a tiara I think a synthweaver can make one or you can get an orange one from one of the low level planet com vendors.

So uh speaking of dress up, for twileks is there literally anything that goes in the head slot that does not either clip your lekku or make them disappear?

There's the headbands in character creation but iirc they're all kinda dumb.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ThreeSixXero posted:

I have yet to see anything that doesn't clip the lekku. You can only find items that look okay with the clipping or cover the head which gets rid of the lekku entirely. Formal Hat looks okay, though.

There really needs to be an option to wear your lekku around your neck or something then (you know, like in the movies)

Though now that I gis it I guess most twilek are portrayed as having their lekku free. Seems like it'd be a liability when waving a pole saber around but I guess clipping is par for the course with those too.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Protip: autorun is mouse 4. Bind it somewhere else if you don't have one.

Also, bind your interrupt to mouse 3 or something and mash it every time you see a channel start.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

All are AC roles are viable at end game with the possible exception of ops dps.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Did the credits over that amount not show up in escrow? Look in the currencies tab.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

tallian posted:

How does a shield protect your front and back simultaneously tho?

Shields have their own mechanic, which allows them to block incoming hits on a percentage basis.

Its worse than that they're bubbles like 2 yards away from you.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Also, reminder, everyone in a different group shows up as red in there. If there are more than 4 people in the center area and they're not all the in same guild they're probably sitting there waiting for another group to attack. They also don't know who is organized with who.

As a result of this, solo especially as a stealther you can often run right into a furball in the middle and activate it untouched.

Though if you're a carebear on from Bioware forum you'd find out that you're actually supposed to patiently queue for your turn to turn in the orbs. (reminder, nobody knows where an aoe attack will come from!)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Yeah, I guess the obvious answer is to just not attempt the PVP quests. People saying 'just gather a group of pubbies and fight it out' obviously haven't tried going toe-to-toe with 8 guildies all ganking anyone they see though.

Luckily there are other instances.

Also, you seem to be misunderstanding the "fight it out" thing - the pubbies are there as decoys.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

wtftastic posted:

Once you get Talos and talk with him a bit, he'll tell you about Lord Kallig's reputation for being unusually friendly/ fond of aliens. So either, you know, he was an alien, you are the offspring of him and some alien or Kallig's fondness for aliens got him killed and his family ensalved. There are a lot of ways to make it work regardless of your character's species.

I thought Talos flat out said that Kallig was an alien in a conversation option. (And he only knew about it because of how rare that was)

Edit: your sorc is pure blood though and wouldn't be an alien; so perhaps that line depends on PC's race?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You get as many copies as you want once you have something in your collection?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Why the hell would they start suspending people over using legacy gear? That's what it's for, jesus christ. Yes, I get that they're annoyed that there's a workaround for ONE item in the collections system, but it's using in game items with no shady business whatsoever.

The shady business is the duping of the legacy crystals I think?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

So FYI, apparently if you have a full ops group and queue it with the operations mode set to hard 8 person the GF ops will be hard mode.

In other news Operator IX is a bitch on HM. So hard to hold threat as a sin without using your aoes.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Promethium posted:

It was very hard when we first did it but has become much easier after the dps are geared up. The way it's designed, with a high minimal baseline to be able to kill the respawning adds in time, makes incremental dps improvements very noticeable.

We used to have a lot of trouble with HM Thrasher too but another guild helpfully pointed out that you don't actually need to use the Roar mechanic to remove the invulnerability shields on the sniper adds, they drop as soon as someone gets into melee range.

Can you still pull them?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Not really. The movies don't really touch on it beyond "You see a lot of Alliance aliens and no Imperial aliens". However, a ton of the EU stuff deals with the fact that the Empire does this poo poo all the time, yet some of their best leaders (Thrawn) are aliens.

Well, the EU is also filled with poo poo like double death stars and such.

The holocaust thing on Nar Shaddaa was rather strange though. Wasn't it implied to be one Moff or whatever going crazy or something? It doesn't really seem to be the empire's usual MO. The pureblood sith have a caste system where non force users are subservient to force users; they want the entire galaxy to fit into this mould. They want to enslave the "lesser races" not eliminate them.

Well, that is unless the emperor needs to pull some sort of immortality stunt. Thats what (The Foundry) Revan was referring to in the "the emperor wants to wipe out all life" line. The emperor's immortality, or near immortality is from absorbing the life force from a fuckton of sith lords at the temple on DK. He wants to "wipe out all life in the galaxy" to become double immortal or whatever.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Why are they adding content for the top couple of guilds on each server? Where is the content for non raiders from 0-49??!

Whats with all the guild bonuses, some people don't like being in a guild and single play is only encouraged by the quest system!

I find it unbelievable that crafters will now be able to craft 72 stuff, now people that have never entered a raid can get the top end gear!

Now that fleet chat is unified won't we all get a lot more spam? Did biofail think this through?!

hmm, pretending to be in the Bioware forums is hard.

edit: Heres a real one from the Bioware forums:

quote:

Last 'free' content for subscribers was february.

April brought the expansion (which i'm still enjoying) but that was a paid expansion, nothing to do with the content cycle.
2.1 was...well we all know that wasn't content.
2.2 is wafer thin (one 9 month old Operation getting one extra difficulty).
2.3 is august.

Expansions aren't content!

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 24, 2013

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Why aren't expansions content? Not trying to be facetious just trying to understand what you mean? I considered RotHC to be some pretty enjoyable content and now I'm wondering what I was thinking as I haven't played in a couple weeks.

:thejoke:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I mean this empire falls well before the clone wars. Is there anything definitive on that?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

And yet in the end all it takes is a player character and a crazy Sith apprentice to destroy the republic operation.

What I'm saying is taris is a disaster for everyone in every way.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'm screwing around with a Sith Trooper on one of the RP servers and I've already gotten whispers from people pissed off that I'm not a force user.

This loving game.

Tell them to read the loving codex then /ignore

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Medullah posted:

Right now my Assassin is in full 66 armoring/mods, except I still have the head, hand, boot and glove Campaign 61 armorings for the 2% damage reduction set bonus (tank). Will upgrading those to grade 66 armorings be worth it to lose the set bonus?

Not at all. Your next upgrade is either DG tokens from EC HM or arkanian from SM SV/TFB.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

wtftastic posted:

Pro tip: Run operations. Farm credits. Enjoy.

(If you don't die a million times and spend the credits on silly poo poo, you'll be rolling mad bank.)

Well, the classic ops don't drop squat for credits.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

At least you can solo voss heroics for rep at 55.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I like the hammer station armor for a lot of classes; I use it on my assassin (no shoulder pads!!!!) and will likely keep it on my operative (imperial uniform).

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Welcome to the world of playing dress up with twileks.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

ISPs only listen to ISPs. They don't care what Bioware says either.

ISPs may only listen to ISPs. With the way peering works I'm kinda surprised the internet works at all sometimes. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peering

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rookersh posted:

Yeah, Sentinels and Marauders are my two least favorite people to see in the game.

Of course, because of this, while leveling 90% of the groups I form are me ( tank or heals ) and 3 Sents/Maras, all who only use Kira/Vette, and all who only have Kira/Vette in dancer gear.

Where is the droid tank/Quinn? I have no loving clue. Guess they can't wear dancer gear, so they aren't useful.

mdps/rdps comps get you through most content.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rascyc posted:

If there's anything I've learned about LFG queue is that people are extremely forgiving in this game.

Until it comes to skipping cutscenes. "SPACEBAR".

Oh god we can't wait in the queue for another tank!

People put up with too much bullshit from tanks just because so few queue.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Its not like field respecs are particularly expensive at higher levels. What really gets me is "i'm not a healer lol" because dps gear is fine for healing and everyone will wait so long as they say "h/o need to respec".

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Medullah posted:

It's part of the dumbing down of MMORPGs. I couldn't believe how simple the class/gearing was in this game, since the last MMO I played was Everquest, where there were a billion stats to take into account when gearing up.

Don't worry theres plenty of head scratching for gearing up at the end game.

Why yes Bioware I really like this absorb/alacrity implants on the tank gear. :psyduck:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Medullah posted:

Yeah, but there's still pretty much a BIS option always. Every Assassin Tank is going after the Force Wielder Hilt, Armoring. Little bit of room for options with Mods/Enhancements/Augments but they're still going to be aiming for Absorb/Shield/Defense. Is Alacrity even useful for healers now? I know they buffed it, but is it worth dropping Surge or Power for Alacrity? Everything I've read says "Nope."

It is. Crit has such poor returns that its worth it to have alacrity instead of crit for sorcs/sages at least.

edit: Also you have to balance endurance in there, especially as most of the sin's mitigation is chance based so you have some issues with large spike damage. The gear in 2.0 gives you such a fuckton of endurance that I'm not sure if its a big deal at all now though.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 2, 2013

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ashara doesn't change based on alignment.

Ashara: I'm still a Jedi! Why do people keep saying I'm not a Jedi!
Inquisitor: :rolleyes: quit your whining and finish slaughtering the rest of the padawans and innocent civilians, sheeesh.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Reveilled posted:

I thought some of her dialogues were different depending on whether you were light or dark? She talked a hell of a lot about "reforming the empire" on my light sided inquisitor, I thought she talked about different stuff if you were dark?

Nope. It's pretty clear when she's picked up she's supposed to have some sort of DS story or something but I think it must have been cut at some point late in production.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

50; it starts in section x.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KittyEmpress posted:

:eng101: Companions were supposed to have multiple stories to go through. Vette was supposed to have her normal Light Side story and a Dark Side one where constant zapping would lead her to being less willful, and more of a violent character. The lines for this have been dug up, and confirmed by Devs! Only other confirmed characters for different stories (That I recall) are Mako (dark side becomes addicted to revenge/violence) and Ashara (becomes more like Dark Side Jaesa.).

The other ones are more questionable on what the stories would be, but I'd assume most companions that weren't gotten on like Hoth would have them.

Jaesa has multiple story quests, Ashara wouldn't have hurt! Except I guess she doesn't have much of a character anyways... :/

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KittyEmpress posted:

So now you get things like Mako being fine with romancing someone who murders innocents for laughs.

Be fair, that's just a typical Bioware romance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Warmachine posted:

I wouldn't mind them using some of their profits now to add more companion content, but I have a hunch that they're getting just enough to continue forward endgame progression and make Cartel Market junk, and that that kind of 'adventure pack' style of cash shop purchase isn't in their model anywhere.

Well, understand that the class stories were an unmitigated disaster. 8 independent stories with a large amount of plot states and voice work in an mmorpg. The game only exists today because f2p was actually profitable.

• Locked thread