Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desht
Oct 21, 2008
For me, being new to the fight, it wasn't so much just the laser as it was how much was going on besides the laser. Looking at cast bars and waiting to run out while wondering when he's going to teleport starts to frazzle you. At least it did me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
My gear is a mess so I have no idea what I need. I was raiding S&V before I went on hiatus. Most of my mods are 162 I think.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
I just got my juggernaut to 55. I'd tank but I need to work on getting a mic and I'm not sure how reliable I can be. Work schedule and all that. But I'll work on gearing him for tanking so the option is there at some point.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
After last night's run I just need an implant, earpiece, relics, MH, and pants and I've got an arkanian geared jugg for raiding. I don't have a lot of free time this weekend but I'll try running some HMs to get practice in and more gear. Hopefully I'll be reliable. I should be. I make no promises.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

If you're serious about wanting to tank I can make you some solid implants, a nice earpiece and a grade 28 hilt. The [artifact] implants and earpieces are pretty much better than Arkanian.

I just felt it was kinda silly how everyone was like "I guess I can tank" and we had to pug someone. Which is fine, but I don't have a problem with tanking if nobody has a problem dealing with my learning curve. I've got myself a mic now so that's not an issue. I just work retail and have a social life so I can't always guarantee I'll be available. At least through the summer.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
No. But the place I work at closes at 9. Its rare that I get those shifts but if I do then I'm not back until 10, 1030.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

The smart thing to do here would be to have just let the joke slide...now everyone looked at it twice and it's back in everyone's mind. ;)

Desht, I will probably be on later tonight if you want to practice on a few HMs I can heal you. I'm going out tomorrow so I won't be on but no plans for this fine evening as of yet.

Won't be on tonight because of that social life I was talking about ::smugdog:

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
I'd say keep Sundays as they are. The second group can start leading the group or whatever. Plus all the new goons will be looking to join a group anyway. I don't see the second group jumping into HM DF anytime soon.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

I think you have 8, technically. :) I'm pretty sure Desht and Dranorian are the same person.

This is true. I couldn't put my name on one bar and say tank healer

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
I like it, its not too bad except when the other team comes stacked with full hangars and you're left with the two you start with. There's not much you can do in such situations, good flying only gets you so far. And it isn't hard to fly well.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

Well that was to be expected. Desht did a good job, but losing Arsit kills because by herself she's got good DPS, but we also lost bloodthirst.

All in all I was happy. I genuinely think thus far HM DP is easier than HM DF.

Yeah I'm still rocking Arkanian healing set pieces. Struggling a little bit to find groups to replace them. Just don't have the time.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

We could have been really mean and made you heal. :D

I almost offered. But I thought that would have been less mean and more masochistic on your part. My healing gear is even worse.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
I'm down to tank for group 2 tonight, but I may be a bit late since I'm meeting friends for dinner. Talking like 9, at the absolute latest 930. I'll try for 830 EST though.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
Def gonna be late. Shooting for 9 est. Probs gonna be drunk raiding too.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

Just say "raiding". Drunk is implied.

Hey now. Usually I'm sober. Explains why I'm so much better

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
I'd like to thank Medullah for being absent and humbly request he do so more often. Without his presence I was able to shout at our healers to victory.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

KaneTW posted:

It was all because of me dpsing and calling out death marks.

E: silly phone

It took me the longest time to figure out what you were saying. I kept hearing "bedinok" and I'm just like "ok what does him being in here having anything to do with anything?".

Also, I need to stop nagging healers during this fight...

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
Y'all are pretty bad at naming things.

I still think Super Awesome Desht Star or whatever was suggested the other night was a good idea.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
I never had a problem with Makeb until I tried it with my Jedi Shadow. Who was Infiltration. poo poo was painful.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

wtftastic posted:

I need one of these for Adonnta's DK house.

Also for those of you asking if I liked the sims, yes, yes I do and this is going to be very problematic because now I have stuff to focus money on in the form of space...house...dress up?

I'm in the same boat. I refuse to just plop things down to increase my percentage. All the metal things look terrible. And I feel like I'll never fill up all this space. I'm going to burn out on dailies very quickly.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

Uhhh are you sure? I put my Bantha down in Tattooine and I thought when I went to the DK one it said 0/1.

Oh hey, Desht - Patch notes -

Galactic Strongholds

The Decorations “Arrangement: Speeder Station” and “Diagnostic Console (Medical) now grant properly when their item is used.

This valuable experience will teach me not to buy things when you can't preview them.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
Yes. I've been known to do that from time to time.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
I can already tell I'm not going to be much use to this round. I can't craft for poo poo. I always seem to be struggling to get mats, probably because I forget I can even craft when it comes time to log out.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
After tonight I will be unable to do Thursdays. My other nights are relatively open. On Tuesday and Wednesday my lab times are optional but going any earlier than nine is going to hurt me and I cannot promise I'll always be there before like 845 EST.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
Not going to make it to raid tonight.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

You see, Desht, you see what happens when you don't show up. I'm driving a TANK. A cute, tiny little tank, but a TANK

Oh no! The horror! Maybe I should stop altogether. You like tanking right?

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
Not going to be available until nine thirty at the earliest so probably not going to make it tonight

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
I know. I feel like one. Life is busy!

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
Eh. I've got nothing to do and am incapable of studying. I'll probably show up.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Dunno-Lars posted:

True. I should have included that the aoe taunt is just to pick up targets out of smash range. If everyone is inside, the taunt is not needed. If it's a single target you missed, normal taunt is better. My bad for not being clear. I am a good tank, I swear... I think I am at least. Bit unsure of myself though, afraid of DP of all things.

You should be. Its brutal to tanks.

Except for Council. That poo poo's easy.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

I'll take tanking Hard Mode DP any day of the week over HM DF. gently caress Draxus in his loving gently caress.

I had a lot more trouble with Bestia than I ever did Draxus.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
I'd love to be there but school is kicking my butt. Good luck!

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
Jugg tanks are the best tanks.

Just sayin'.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

The agonized statue accurately depicts a person's struggle with heartburn and/or the clap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YmtlaitIiU

He's about to take the world's worst poo poo.

Desht
Oct 21, 2008
Wheeee one more week and I'm free!

For a month.

But still. Can't wait to try the new content out. Been too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desht
Oct 21, 2008

Medullah posted:

I like to think I'm playing a little game called "life" my friend. Still drunk, of course.

Is there any other way to play?

• Locked thread