Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Ez posted:

The two episodes of Loveline he did with Patton Oswalt were the 2 funniest episodes in the show's history IMO

Two hot, young comedians making the LA scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Oprah is an evil billionaire and Adam is a hero for fighting against the power.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
All rich people live in castles

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Also they're being sued right? That doesn't really bode well.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

And speaking of Dana Gould, there's a new Dana Gould Hour up, and this one is weighing in at 2 hours and 55 minutes :getin:

The threads for these kinds of shows always fall into the archives.

Too bad Barry Crimmins is on it, sinking it with the same things he always runs on about.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
"Pfft whatever, we didn't even want your stupid money anyway"

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

HotCarl posted:

So Larry Miller just left ACS. LET THE WILD CONSPIRACY THEORIES BEGIN.

adam boned him, in the the butt

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The Newman doc was decent

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I heard a few this weekend during a long car trip and it for sure has improved. It's not anywhere near peak loveline of course, but who expects that nowadays.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
My wife listens to the Adam and Drew show regularly and I'll hear it when I'm in the car with her. I agree with all of your complaints about it, but since they made the recent changes it does seem a lot better. A lot more loveliney.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The callers seem better now too. There's less of "Hey Aceman get it on, love the show, love you guys. My question's for Adam, uh, my wife leaves the porch light on sometimes and uh, how do I, uh, get her to not do it" and more actual questions.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Is his ipa good? I had no interest in mangria really but I'd buy a 6 pack of his beer.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JB50 posted:

His reluctance to crate train his dog is annoying too. Hey dumass just put the dog in the crate when youre gone and it wont poo poo and piss all over the house, or chew stuff up. When the dog gets used to it it becomes a place of comfort for them. My dog sleeps in his kennel all the time.

Or better yet dont get a loving dog and tell your miserable ungrateful kids to STFU.

Yeah you just have to do that with young labs. Most of the time I think that once they get old enough you don't need to crate them anyway. Our dog hated the gently caress out of it but he couldn't be left alone until he was three, after that he stopped eating everything in the house. You just need to run them or play fetch or some poo poo for a long time when you get home to make sure they're not miserable.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JB50 posted:

My dogs a year and a half old and we dont lock him up when we leave anymore. He also only weighs 35 lbs and is not a Lab.

Adam's is a lab though right?

I feel like labs hold a special place in the world of dogs eating poo poo. Ours tore up a box of shotgun shells once and one time somehow opened the door to the fridge and ate an entire lasagna. He was hospitalized once because he (unbeknownst to us) could hop onto the counter, and from there, get on top of the fridge where there was 4 bags of bakers chocolate. Like I said before he's calmed down now, but sometimes I still find a fork or a spoon that I know was in the sink when I left on the floor, implying that at 9 years old he can still hop onto the counter and just walk around.

so yeah crate training is needed sometimes

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I disagree with Adam on a lot of political issues but that's not what stopped me from listening to his show. It was hearing the same drat story over and over again for years that did it. D'Souza being on would probably have driven me away though, he's like laughably horrible.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Moniker posted:

It's terrible. Terrible all around.

New thread title?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Human Tornada posted:

I know people like this, who spit out "renters" like they can sum up everything about a person with one nasty word.

Also, why are people such goddamn babies about their taxes, Jesus.

the government is stealing the hard earned money he made by telling a story about being stuck in LA marathon traffic nine thousand times over the course of 20 years.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
How old is the attack crows joke? 10, 15 years? More?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

WEH posted:

“no president is going to impact your life” so lmao. Same old Adam I guess

This is the final recourse of the “both sides same” guy in the Trump years. They can’t say that anymore because Trump is fantastically stupid and unbelievably not qualified for any job, and they know it, so instead of both sides being the same it’s “actually the president doesn’t matter.” It’s pathetic.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

i dunno how a human being can have absolutely no self-awareness.

edit: lol when the cum boys couldn't come up with sargon's "name".

No you don’t get it, when Adam was in his 20s, get this... he was poor! :eek: And his parents, get this as well... were a little emotionally distant! :eek:

If he can overcome these great obstacles all the MEXICANS and BLACKS can overcome systemic poverty and become man show hosts or something as well. Family, and education.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Is his listenership down, or had he replaced everyone who stopped listening to him with more and more right wing people?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
For all his flaws, he is a passionate, passionate man

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

UltraRed posted:

I have no idea why Drew would do this, but it literally makes me incredibly furious with him, and that makes me sad. :(

It’s hard to square with his early career working with AIDS awareness

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

lol gently caress Dr Drew, goddamn. I used to think he was legit.

Mask has been off for a minute though, I just never realized I guess. Celebrity Rehab should have been a huge warning flag. Or getting kickbacks to push drugs.

or that dumb buttered coffee he was hocking

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Niwrad posted:

Here is the video he has been trying to get scrubbed from the web:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1246472340243767296

He is also threatening people who retweet the video. Just an unbearable sack of poo poo.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1246640991378894850

Haha him agreeing with the caller who said it’s called COVID-19 so there must have been at least 18 of them before. So loving stupid

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

WEH posted:

I'm not going to fact check this back to the 90s or whatever but it would be very funny if Adam blaming affirmative action for preventing him from being a firefighter was instead him and many other applicants being priced out of the firefighting service in california by barely paid likely POC inmates. not haha funny but you know

it might have also been that he was unskilled and a huge pain in the rear end

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Adam’s politics are really only one half of why he became unbearable to me, the other half is him repeating the same stories and bits for decades. Decades. So I imagine hearing him complain about the one time he was caught in LA marathon traffic in 2002 doesn’t feel that much different than him telling it in 2020. That might be another reason why the old shows don’t age that well.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Do they still try to pretend that Adam and Prager represent different points of view?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

pangstrom posted:

Drew Magary (Deadspin guy before Deadspin was dead) wrote about Carolla https://www.sfgate.com/sf-culture/article/Drew-Magary-adam-carolla-podcast-sucks-15554950.php

It's pretty lazy piece IMO even though I agree with the general point.

tweet from the article

https://twitter.com/adamcarolla/status/1300661191736356865?s=20

Yes Adam people who wanted americans to make a few temporary sacrifices for the greater public good were the pussies, not the whiny bitchy rich blowhard who complained and did nothing. "Grit" doesn't mean just bitching constantly about your servants you lazy piece of poo poo.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Blahhh blahh blah SEWER RAT!

What a gross rear end in a top hat, I totally believe he would pee in a kid's sandbox. "What, ya want your kids to be PUSSIES?! Let em play in the crusty piss sand, that'll give em some GRIT"

The story about him pissing in the sandbox is the first time he’s made me laugh in a long time so honestly I wish he’d lean into that kinda thing a bit more.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Not like I have a shortage of podcasts to listen to now that there's little commuting happening, but I just recently stumbled across Jim Jefferies' new-ish one "I Don't Know About That".

I've always liked Jim but haven't followed him since he was doing a podcast from another comedian and roommate's house (Jim and Eddie Talk poo poo), and was kinda wondering how his success had treated him. It's striking how much funnier and less lovely a person he seems to have turned out to be than Adam while being a similarly loquacious curmudgeon. The one or two times I remember him being on the show he was always great, and one of the guests who could out-talk Adam.

I listened to a ton Talking poo poo when I was working on my thesis but kind of forgot about it since then. Like the only thing I remember from it really was that time they had a jerk off contest and busted onto paper plates.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

bartok posted:

Janeane Garafalo squandered her good will by defending Louis CK. Sarah Silverman tried the centrist thing when Trump was elected. Gina Carano is killing any chance of her character being is Season 3 of the Mandalorian by posting anti-mask and anti-vax poo poo. Those are just off the top of my head.

the Gina Carano stuff is a major bummer

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The world is your oyster, that’s all the world is

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

WEH posted:

Wait, what the gently caress? I mean him being a bad friend isn't exactly news, but he couldn't even bring himself to shut the gently caress up about lockdowns and poo poo for a while in response to that?

also lol not only that but Carolla declined to foot the funeral costs and they had to use a gofundme to get it done

what a truly despicable human

christ what an rear end in a top hat

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

Los Angeles seems like a wild place

I heard that the LA marathon can cause bad traffic and that one Mayor Villaretardo will give you chickenshit tickets.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

WEH posted:

I snipped it out of the quote earlier instead of just spoilering it for some reason :nws::nws:

It was kosher back then dunno if it'd fly now

That’s way worse than I imagined

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
he’s less of a comedian and more of a comedy factory

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I started going through the archives while grinding in MMOs, and the really early stuff is how much he hates Republican assholes. Deeply lol

He also used to rail against blowhards

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I liked when they made a Dr. DrewBot with his stock responses then used it on a few callers and it worked pretty well at keeping the calls going for a while. They tried making an AdamBot but his rants were too specific so it was just confusing.

Are you mormon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The relationship advice on Loveline was very good.

It was usually a variation on "maybe don't think 100% with your clit/dick and realize that everyone is a human being so communicate, dangit" but that's what young people need to hear.

That’s true. Also a lot of the advice they gave was just “get therapy” which is usually pretty solid too.