Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Eh, I mean at this point in the game who gives a poo poo? I don't really care if they toss 10 minutes of advertisements at me as long as the shows good and I've got a fast forward button. They just assume most people fast forward that poo poo anyway. I doubt everyone here listens to his, "Thank you for listening" message every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

McJuicy posted:

I thought Whitney came off as annoying and terrible. Her laugh made me take a break from it 3 different times. Live shows are junk.

I didn't think she was that bad and I'm not even really a fan of hers. I will agree with you that live shows are crap. He hams it up too much and is way too bombastic.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I was totally cool with him funding his attorney fees through fan donations while the whole thing was going on and I thought it was great but this whole "get us back to zero" thing kind of annoys me at this point. Its like man, people paid what they want to pay, loving let it go at this point. Yeah sucks you got sued by some dickheads but chalk it up to cost of doing business and stop hounding your fans about getting you back down to zero.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Sorry for the Buzzfeed link but

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingiano/celebrity-graffiti-artist-david-choe-says-admission-of-rapey

I knew of him before and thought he was interesting on the podcast so I thought I'd listen to an episode of his own podcast. He was loving insufferable, incoherent and boring. That was post this rape thing and Asa Akira wasn't on it so maybe other episodes are different.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Alison was great. I'm convinced she was booted because she wasn't conservative enough for him. Its pretty obvious that she runs liberal and often had to hold back when political poo poo came up. She is getting canned for the few times she couldn't hold back and very lightly challenged him. He takes the "don't poo poo on my point" stuff really loving seriously. I don't get it man, he was great but he has really gone off the rails recently. He is waaaay too full of himself and is now the blowhard he used to make fun of.

Gina Grad is really, really bland.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

JB50 posted:

There was tweets from Adams wife and Adam himself that mentioned Alison and bad morale behind the scenes.
She was probably crying about her stupid rear end dog too much(pure speculation).

I feel bad that Alison got canned the way she did and Adam is a total dick in all of this but its true, God drat was I sick of hearing about that dog. You would have thought that Oliver was her loving 9 year old brother. Its sad your dog died lady and I feel bad for you, its terrible but have some loving perspective.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

benito posted:

Holy hell, that segment with Dr. Bruce this morning was rough to listen to. Does anybody know why he still comes on the show?

Low self esteem.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Its weird to me that you guys are taking her side on the Amazon legal fund thing. Whether or not you agree with the concept of the whole donating to the legal fund, it was about the team effort and pitching in. He brought up a good point in that if Rogan, Nerdist et al. were willing to donate through the Amazon fund, what the hell excuse did she have? She's on the God drat network. Also, Jesus how much could it have been? Whats it like $500 bucks for 100 grand in Amazon purchases? I doubt ARIYNBF is bringing in hundreds of thousands of dollars of Amazon revenue through her link. Give me a break and just pitch in. "I'll donate a t-shirt" is some pretty weak sauce poo poo in the face of $650,000 in legal fees.

His other points totally made sense as well, especially the lack of recurring bits or preparing for shows. The personal stuff was a little weird but he keeps mentioning that overall scale thing and if thats how he thinks about it then yeah that personal poo poo will eventually add up. I'd probably be a little put off as well if I inviting someone to a bunch of poo poo and they never reciprocated.

Man I totally hosed up the math on this but my point still stands.

visuvius fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jan 13, 2015

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

bartok posted:

Apparently Adam Carolla and Dennis Miller are teaming up for a new podcast called PO'd. Anyone brave enough to bite the bullet and give the show a listen to when it starts?

If this was pre 9/11 Dennis Miller circa his HBO talk show I would be genuinely excited.

This just might be more blowhard than my ears can take.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
"See this car? That's the car that rubber cunts bought."

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
No but Jim Jefferies was on and he was excellent. You guys should download this one.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

HotCarl posted:

Anyone listen to the new ARIYNBF episodes? Now that the ACS employees are out, I'm afraid the podcast has gone to the shitter. I like Allison, but she needs to choose some better co-hosts. Jenna is still good as always, but Allison’s husband is pretty loving terrible at podcasting. I don't know if it is his lack of personality, or the fact he speaks less than Caelan did. I stopped listening to the episode when he was asked why he was being so quiet, and he said it was because he was holding the dog :raise:.

I agree the Thursday podcast is pretty drat boring at this point. I'm sure her husband is a nice guy but he is a total dud on the podcast front. Its not that those other four knuckleheads were hilarious or anything but the larger conversation sometimes made for fun/interesting listening.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Short memory? It's only 3-4 pages back.

I also like how the above goon theories caused a lot of these (fake for e-cred) reactions:

So mr beep by grandpa...... did you resubscribe? :allears:

Yeah I mean I pretty much still stand by my theory that it had something to do with their politics. She clearly runs pretty far to the left and he is well, the loving polar opposite of that. It was pretty obvious that some of the poo poo he said clearly made her uncomfortable and she wouldn't chime in. Its not out of the realm of possibility that she liked the job and the hour a day she had to be there but otherwise wasn't comfortable being associated with him because of where he stood politically on a lot of poo poo.

Either way I didn't really think the theory was out of loving left field or something.

Also you're kind of being a dick about this so theres that.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I liked the hypothetical road trip game but they were pretty much mostly "would you rather go on a drive with this cartoonish, over the top liberal or this insane person"?

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
"I'm a rubber meets the chode type of a guy"

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

drat NIGGA posted:

you're a loving moron, i'm gonna gently caress your mom

I'm going to gently caress your impotent, alcoholic father

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
gently caress poor people.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Just give me DFG like every loving day please.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
For me, both of their comedy was way to "ahhh my neurosis" type poo poo but I would have continued to be fine with either.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Yeah I have zero interest in listening to her milktoast rear end limp noodle of a husband but please share any interesting tidbits you hear.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Paul Kersey posted:

Charlotte McKinney was a surprisingly fun guest. Everybody was on fire during her segment.

Hamming it up or a legitimately stupid person? I can't tell.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Guys, Donnie was an idiot.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I'm a pretty big Carolla fan and I will continue to listen to him but yeah he has gotten worse over the last year or so. The amount of inane poo poo he seriously complains about is out of control.

All of that is fine and I don't really give a poo poo as long as the occasional chuckles keep coming in but what got my attention and what I thought was super weird was his recent Uber bits. So he is advertising for Uber which is fine but what kills me is he threw his assistant Matt into the mix so that Matt can discuss how he supplements his income by driving for Uber. This is a guy who is essentially Carolla's right hand, who has worked as a producer or whatever the gently caress he is on the show for years, and who apparently doesn't make enough so he needs to supplement his income with Uber. They are either making up the Matt bit just for the advertisement, or he really is driving for Uber because he doesn't make enough money. Both of these possibilities, especially the second really turn me off.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

JB50 posted:

The people on the show seem to have nice cars for not being paid well. Alison had bought a brand new Audi before she was fired. Gary has mentioned he has an Audi. I think if they got paid as bad as you guys think there would be a lot more turnover at Carolla Digital.

I loved the point a caller brought up about Caelan Biehn being John Connor because his dad was the original Kyle Reese.

Both Alison and Gary were born and raised in Newport Beach, CA which is a very affluent area. Especially in Gary's case, that Audi wasn't paid for by Carolla bucks.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Seagulls are the drunkest of birds and someone's gotta eat Gronkowski.

Pretty decent episode today.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
drat son. Who knew Gimli was racist as poo poo.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Uhhhh no it was more the parts about where Gimli was saying the world is going to hell in a handbasket because of the loss of western, christian culture and society. I did a little poking and he has pretty strong feelings about loss of European, anglo-saxon culture and all that good poo poo.

"“I think that Tolkien says that some generations will be challenged. And if they do not rise to meet that challenge, they will lose their civilisation. That does have a real resonance with me.”

“I am for dead, (traditional) white male culture,” said Rhys-Davies, who divides his time between his homes in Los Angeles and the Isle of Man.

He's a member of the loving BNP for God's sake. Super reasonable.

visuvius fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 14, 2015

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Niwrad posted:

She is terrible. Not sure why Adam is obsessed with getting the most stereotypical female morning zoo sidekick he could find.

Also did anyone listen to episodes a month ago where they cover Lynette being kicked off the Southwest flight? There's zero chance she "did nothing", right?

I too find Gina to be incredibly mediocre and unfunny.

100% agree on the Lynette thing, there is no loving way she did nothing to get kicked off like that. He is such a pussy for not going at her the way he would anyone else. Like, if you're not going to be honest about it, why bring it up? Just made me like you a little less.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I wish Carolla would just loving quit the Adam and Drew show. He makes it VERY obvious that he does not enjoy taking calls and he barely enjoys having any semblance of a diaglog with Drew. He literally just wants to lecture for 50 minutes, throw in a couple live reads and call it a day. Listen to the episode with Fred Stoller for a prime example of how much of a short tempered dickhead he has become. He was just snapping and getting annoyed at Drew for no real reason and you could tell he was barely tolerating Fred and the asian dude. He was being polite but you could tell he was over this poo poo.

Contrast that to the latest episode where Adam is gone and Jim Jeffries is filling in. It is an infinitely more enjoyable listen. If I were Carolla, I'd give Jeffries a cut of the show and ask him to take over for him. Adam clearly does not have the same joy or interest for this kind of poo poo. He basically just wants to rant and don't you loving dare disagree with him an iota. gently caress even when Bald Bryan or Drew are agreeing with him, its in a way that annoys him or in a way that he feels does not FULLY reinforce his point. Its loving pathetic.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Right about now I feel like if he got an offer from Fox News for his own show or some other conservative based opportunity, I feel like he would take it. From the direction he has gone the last couple of years, it seems like he would love to be given like 4 hours a day on AM radio to limbaugh it up. Its right up his alley at this point. If the price were right and it was LA based, I really do think he would go for it.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

Irish Joe posted:

...someone like Adam who bitches everybody out).

Uhhhh, except for he rails on the left way the gently caress more than on the right. He often says, "...and now, I blame the left for this one." I have never once heard him say, "...and now, I blame the right for this one". Never. Not once. I've been listening to him for 20 years. Really the only time he ever blames the right for anything meaningful, he will use it as a point to say how they tried to do something good and it ultimately backfired on them. To say that he bitches about both sides equally is straight up false. The guy is clearly very right leaning and blames basically everything that is wrong with America on the left.

visuvius fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 14, 2015

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
He also defended the refugee kicking Hungarian lady (oval office) Petra Laszlo. Called her a "patriot".

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Irish Joe, you're a piece of poo poo.

Wednesday's episode with Billy West was pretty decent except for the whole Jorge Ramos thing. Why is Carolla so loving obsessed with mexicans and blacks? Black people especially, he is either lecturing them or making a joke at their expense. Pretty much every episode there is some kind of black reference. Its weird. Its also super bizarre how oddly bitter he is getting about stuff like white guys in burglary commercials or white moms in PSAs about parenting.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Would this loving idiot please stop saying "Vergaro"

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
I'm talking about Carolla. He has mentioned Sofia Vergara a few times in the past week or two of shows and he says "Vergaro" every loving time.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Jim Jefferies, Dameshek, Eric Stonestreet and Joel Mchale were pretty decent episodes.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Great Sklar brothers episode today.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Carolla's advertising is getting really gross and more and more egregious.

- There was recently what amounted to basically a 30 minute Castrol commercial
- Jeff Abraham, the owner of the dick pill company he invested in is now apparently a regular guest
- He had Tai Lopez who is some self help guy on today. Totally boring and blowhardy. This is the one that made me think he is getting paid for guest spots now.

The quality of his guests has been getting shittier and shittier.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Yeah but thats not a big deal because you can just fast forward through that poo poo. Lately though he has been bringing advertisers onto the show as guests and talking about the product during the show. He must have gotten paid pretty fat for the Castrol one. "Hey here's the regional VP of Castrol to talk to you about the importance of motor oil".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor

pangstrom posted:

I don't care one way or the other I was just confused -- why is that bar crawl ad done with homestar runner voices?

I was wondering the exact same thing. Very bizarre .