Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Well, Deacon Jones passed away. Guess that means we'll get to hear the head slap story again, perhaps set to memorial music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Boinks posted:

Well I went in for the DVD and T-Shirt and it immediately took the money from my Paypal account. Maybe they refund it if they don't meet the goal. :ohdear:

Or maybe he'll make the movie regardless of how much he raises through crowd funding and everyone that contributed will get the gifts.

edit-->

I think the difference between this and Kickstarter are that he gets the money regardless of whether he hits his goal or not. I think I heard an interview with the guy who runs it, just can't remember if it was Carolla or not.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Unfortunately there's still a stigma out there for mixed kids, and it is racist. But could be equal parts racism on her part and a desire for her kids to not grow up being bullied because of their race.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I remember reading an awesome joke on twitter that went something like "I don't want to sound racist but all the women on the cover of O magazine look the same"

Are you friends with me on Facebook? Because I posted that word for word a while ago. :)

(Which, as Adam always says, people think the same way so it's perfectly possible that the joke could have come from two different people)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

I hope someone who's pretty good about checking out each new piece of content can post if there's more news on Adam and his marriage, as I'm stupidly interested in the drama of his life a lot more now that he's fallen to being someone I legitimately consider to be a 'bad person' with his conservatism and behavior from the past handful of years. If he or Lynette make some big news about a divorce, I'd love to know about it without having to suffer through each day's podcast and all.

One thing I did pick up on was when he was talking about meeting Vince Vaughn, he mentioned that he's moving into his neighborhood. Doesn't necessarily mean anything...but who knows. Maybe he's moving there by himself.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I love that Jimmy Kimmel banned him from attending the screening of the last episode because he'd only watched the first.

Alison didn't spoil anything, the closest it comes to spoilers is Carolla mentioning that people were tweeting him stuff like "he died doing what he loved, or something" which is pretty vague.

I'm gonna get poo poo for this but I'm kinda with him here. The finale was a big deal and a lot of people have seen it and are going to talk about it. Now I don't think you should spell out the ending, so I disagree with him on that point, but discussing it generally I'm totally for, and that's what Alison did. That's the kind of news stuff that totally belongs in her segment.
Yeah that's going to be tough, if you use any sort of social media or go on the internet... Netflix takes forever to put stuff up. Good news though, I doubt it will come up on the podcast again as he'll probably never see the rest of the show!

I'm with you. Everyone and their brother has been talking about Breaking Bad for at least 2 years now, and if you waited to start watching it until now, I'm sorry - you're going to hear spoilers.

I have a friend I've been telling he needs to watch Breaking Bad since season 2, and he finally just started watching it and loves it. However, he was EXTREMELY pissed off because (major spoilers) Dean Norris mentioned something on an awards show on how even though Hank was dead, he was always going to be around. I told him I feel for him...but if he had just started watching it when I told him to, it wouldn't have been an issue. I'm not going to intentionally spoil it for anyone, but there will be someone somewhere who does.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Well, to be fair, he might think it's a repeat since Adam does tend to say the same things over and over again. :D

One of these days I'm making a Carolla Bingo card. "Goal posts!" "Right turn arrows!"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

vote_no posted:

It's Josh Gardner.

I loved the episode RIGHT AFTER Josh was on, and they talked about how they met, someone called in wondering where Adam met the DFG.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BobbyK posted:

Wait, does he really not like service dogs or something? Why is service dogs in quotations? What a weird loving thing to be angry about.

He doesn't hate all service dogs, just the "service dogs" that people bring on planes and such for "stress relief".

And I don't blame him for rehashing the same crap. He can get away with it, and it's new to some people, so why not?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

edit I'm dumb

Medullah fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Mar 30, 2014

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I've been a giant Carolla fan forever, I was downloading the Adam Carolla Show podcasts when they were just being uploaded after the radio show. But I think it's time for him to focus on the other things he's got going (movie, TV show, racing) and maybe scale back on the main podcast. There's so much filler in it now that I end up skipping half the episodes. I think getting it twice a week would be fine, at this point.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I still have the podcast version of Adam's final radio show, if anyone wants them I can probably upload them somewhere.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Experiment posted:

If you could please. Thank you

7-Zipped up and put in dropbox -

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9854965/The%20Adam%20Carolla%20Radio%20Show%20KLSX.7z

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Anyone know which episode of Catch a Contractor he ends up finding out the customer was the bad guy? Spoilered, he talked about it on the show, but better safe than sorry

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

King of Gulps posted:

It's this one, it's about a 50:50 ratio of cringe/lol. Some adept editing: Adam is shown being kind of a dick to the homeowner early on, foreshadowing who the bad guy really is.. Of course, that probably means that's how he is all the time to everybody :smuggo:

Of course, figures, one of the ones not on the website. That link is just the "highlights".

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So Adams twins sleep in the same room and the same bed, according to a recent one...I anxiously await Natalias tell all book in 10 years. Giant house? One bedroom...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Grant DaNasty posted:

I thought he said they have bunk beds, but they like to both sleep on the bottom bunk.

Yeah, that was it. Still - one room for both kids?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I look forward to the introduction of the next young Teresa Strasser.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tweak posted:

this is 100% on point and hilarious, I wonder if he even notices (his wife probably does, as did Teresa)

Yeah they talked about it on her first show. If I remember correctly they even tweeted the picture with something like "Meet the new Teresa Strassar! We couldn't find a new news girl so we just cloned her"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

pangstrom posted:

It's hard to say from here but I would guess that if Carolla's life goes to hell it will be due to his working too much more than his drinking too much.

Agree it was probably in Alison's interest to leave. Assuming she keeps her show going I'm sure she'll give a straight version as to what she thinks happened.

I doubt she'll say anything. If it was something awful, she won't say anything because of a potential lawsuit, and if it was something trivial she'll avoid saying anything to not trash her relationship with Adam further. No sense burning bridges if they're not already smoldering.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tweak posted:

Carolla basically just rehashed what he said regarding Danny's departure. Comedy Factory, not a warehouse!

More than anything I always remember that phrase. Adam used to go on how he riffs and adlibs all the time unlike stand up comedians who just reiterate the same material over and over again. So he was a "factory"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Moniker posted:

I suggest listening to the newest podcast with Anthony Cumia.

Ace laid into Alison and told us exactly why he fired her.

With those revelations, I've gotta say I'm on Adam's side.

Can you elaborate for those of us who aren't listening to every episode?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Wait Adam Carolla did ads for Fleshlight?

I don't think he ever did. Kevin Smith owned that market, though the thought of him humping away on one probably cost as many sales as it made

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

What Fun posted:

27:09 to skip the hot prostate and sad dog talk and get to the part you want to listen to.

Wow. This still falls into his word vs hers, but this sounds a lot like him. I haven't really listened to his podcast in a bit, but i think I'm done officially now. He's really just out of touch with reality.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Niwrad posted:

Why would he be expected to give free studio time to people? He spent a lot of money building a nice studio. She can complain about the terms but without Adam her show gets 20 downloads a week or whatever it was doing before.

And that's why she was content to just move on and forget the past. Then Carolla had to dedicate a podcast to blazing her so she pretty much had to tell her side.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Meatwave posted:

I can't tell if Adam is a bad actor or if it's just that listening to the podcast for years makes it like seeing a friend of yours acting in a film. It's very difficult to suspend disbelief and believe in the legitimacy of a character when you know the guy personally.

I feel the same way. It really didn't help that many of the jokes are straight from the podcast. I'll be interested to see how it does on RT with non listeners.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

benito posted:

I saw the movie, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And there are some elements that are really distracting. Larry Miller's "Baby Doll" character is just kind of sad and confusing, while Phil Rosenthal is a real life, unblinking, terrifying version of The Joker:

I get that Larry Miller was lampooning Adam's real life agent...but I got real sick of "Baby doll!" about the 50th time I heard it.

I liked The Hammer, it told a good, original story despite recycling a bunch of Adam's material. But honestly I think Road Hard is just a bad movie.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Human Tornada posted:

Holy crap that one guys is a seriously obnoxious try-hard and Brian is such a weenie. How can anybody listen to this thing?

Any long time Carolla fan knows Anderson, sheesh. They hate each other, it's fantastic.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Maybe Adam actually pays him extra to be an Uber driver and requires him to play his podcast as he's driving people around!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Well, Alison got fired. Other than that... Nope

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I remember back when he left regular radio and started the podcast, his very first episode was him talking about how radio producer guys are like beavers, you put them up on top of a skyscraper and they'll try to build a dam because that's all they know how to do.

Jump forward 5+ years or whatever it's been, and the show's almost completely transformed into a morning zoo with a soundboard, the standard sidekick news girl and Pepsi ads :sigh:

My favorite quote of his will always be something along the lines of "My radio show is better than other shows because other people are comedy warehouses, just bringing out the same material over and over again. What I do is harder, I'm a comedy factory, producing new comedy all the time. "

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

bartok posted:

My favorite is how Adam would talk about how great at improv he is because he could rant on anything. I bought in to it until you realize he has like a dozen rants that he can segue into from any topic.

"Can I complain about a free tropical vacation? You're drat right I can. How do I get to this fabulous island? Well I get on the airplane where I'm given my bag of pretzels because God forbid there is any peanut dust in the air, and next to me is some fat lady with her service dog...."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hahaha wow, on the Film Vault today Brian talking about creating his own film podcast on the Carolla network. Anderson getting infuriated with him and Brian having no idea why he would get mad. Man I really used to like Brian but...jeez.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

Most of us grew up on Loveline and remember when he wasn't such a piece of poo poo. That's why we hate it now and bemoan the state of Carolla.

We also got sick of Adam repeating the same jokes repeatedly and becoming a hypocrite. I was a die hard Carolla fan - living in Michigan I would download his California radio show, then hopped aboard his podcast right away. The dynamic he had initially with Brian and Teresa was great, they'd discuss things and have legitimate debates. Brian became more of a Yes Man, and Teresa went on to do other things and was replaced by Alison. Alison still had a personality but was less of an opponent than Teresa was. Then she got fired and the replacement is a bobblehead.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tony Montana posted:

I don't really understand the lofty heights that Carolla is bitter about not reaching/being a part of. Do you mean a Letterman style TV personality? He's made a ton of money.. by any measure he is successful. What is wrong with doing your own thing and not having to answer to the execs and still making plenty of bank. He answers to noone, it certainly sounds that way. He doesn't seem to be the kind of person that would be happy towing the network line.

He's a comic, I would have thought he's done most of what any comic wants to do. He played football and worked construction. We're not talking about some amazing mind going to waste.

He still thinks he's better than a lot of celebrities out there (And even though I'm sick of him, there was some truth to that before). For example - he's almost always a "fill in" on Jimmy Kimmel, rather than being a featured guest. I think this burns him more than he lets on - not only is he not a primary guest, it's on his friend's show. I think he thinks he should be where Jimmy is.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm curious, I haven't listened to Adam regularly in over a year now. Where does he stand on Trump?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Veskit posted:

The Marc Maron one was super duper good. Also shows how well Adam can like respect people with different opinions and still at least explain his thought process.

That was the first AC podcast I'd listened to in 6 months, and it was pretty good. However, the Maron/Louie podcast that I had listened to right before was so much better it made it look a lot worse.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cromulent posted:

I haven't listened to the Carolla show in forever, but I just went to the site and I noticed he's now with Podcast One. How long has that been going on? Does he no longer consider himself "the pirate ship"? I thought Podcast One were the same corporate guys behind Westwood One.

It's been a while, at least early 2015.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

HAHAHA so there's no Ace Network? That's pretty great. What a rube.

Oh no, Carolla Digital still exists and is the "main" host of all of his related podcasts (And I'm assuming he still gets a huge % of ad revenue from them), he's just a Podcast One affiliate, along with pretty much every other big podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'd say Carolla sold out but really he's always been about making money. I got tired of the same old schtick but if it weren't for the success of his podcast I'm pretty sure a lot of my other favorites wouldn't exist.