Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

Veskit posted:

I think I get Adam's retarded point? Someone run this by me. Basically racism is a constant that can't be fixed, so we should all just accept that and bootstrap your way to success?

I thought it was that before we worry about fixing it, we have to first fix the problem we're trying to fix???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

A couple of weeks ago he was literally trying to show his podcast listeners a specific shade of green.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

Ez posted:

From everything I've heard they both sound like huge pains in the rear end.

What happened on For Crying Out Loud?

I think Lynette said that Adam wasn't focusing enough on his family or the kids' education, so she felt she was justified, nay, compelled to shame him. Family and education, people. She considered the alternative of not making GBS threads out so many kids, but unfortunately it was too late for that. Also she spent an afternoon making dinner for him, but used salmon instead of whitefish and he called her out on it.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

As with the million-mile mustang lady just making small talk, it's kind of mean how he shits on the cop car guy today - clearly an obsession with vintage automobiles is just a waste of time for the poors. Dude probably just wanted a kind word and a thumbs up :unsmith:. Now he gets to hear on Monday morning what a douche he is.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I'm definitely gonna read Bryan's book. I want to find out how he managed to get as far as he has while being completely mediocre at everything he ever does...at best.

By "as far as he has" do you mean not dying? You have to admit he's excelling there so far!

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

It's nothing at all like this show, so dip in if you feel like abandoning the concept of the ACS entirely

That's not really fair, though - I love Adam's show when he's not being a douche, but I hate almost all of the similar pods (LA comedians talking about comedy and having a rotating cast of comedian guests). Similarly, I love UYD but can't stomach most pop culture/infotainment/LA hipster pod/dancecasts.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

It's this one, it's about a 50:50 ratio of cringe/lol. Some adept editing: Adam is shown being kind of a dick to the homeowner early on, foreshadowing who the bad guy really is.. Of course, that probably means that's how he is all the time to everybody :smuggo:

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

pangstrom posted:

edit: Koppelman (most recent guest) went at this kind of headlong. I couldn't tell if Adam (who was saying "thank you guest" in kind of a freighted way) was pissed that the guest was taking Drew to task or glad that the guest was saying something Adam had told Drew himself.
You could LITERALLY hear Adam pouting silently while Drew and Guest were talking.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

What, his Human Resources? PS that guy is druuunk today, it's kind of hard to listen to.

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

It's just a different modality of uh using gestalt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Gulps
Sep 4, 2003

rotinaj posted:

He endorsed Ted Cruz 4 or 5 months ago. If you guys are gonna have a debate about Adam Carolla's politics, keep that in mind.

I kind of got the impression that he didn't really know that Ted Cruz was running for president when he interviewed him; it was a lot of "So what do you think, Jeb's looking pretty good right now, am I right?"
edit: is there a KLSX archive somewhere? I thought I saw a link to it once, but lost it