Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

UltraRed posted:

He didn't mention that you have to send the jacket of his new book "president me" to get the deal. He'll sign them both, though.

Yeah I just saw that on his site. Hopefully he just sells me the book, it would be a dick move to return the check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Also Adam types like 5 WPM.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Veskit posted:

Oliver died, and it was a hard listen, but if you're interested Alison somehow keeps her poo poo together and it was a good conversation. On the Taleeb Starks one.

That was extremely sad. I wish the other dog owner could be forced to listen to it.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I like the live shows but I really enjoy a drunk Adam and I know alot of people don't.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Got my $10 signed copy of Not Taco Bell Material! He signed the dust jacket and the first page, very strange.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

UltraRed posted:

Nice! Did you send in a jacket of President Me?

Actually for this copy I just sent him a check and a note asking for a signed book. This was before I found out he wanted you to send in the jacket for President Me so I wasn't sure if he'd honor it.

He removed the book jacket requirement later on so I sent him another check with the instructions here:
http://adamcarolla.com/signed-hardcover-not-taco-bell-material-only-10-2/

The envelope wasn't in my handwriting and was sent with stamps.com so I think i'll be getting a second copy.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

UltraRed posted:

Haha score! I like that he provided the envelope for the return send. That's a classy move. How big does the return envelope have to be?

9x12 and it doesn't need to be padded really.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Meatwave posted:

Am I the only one who likes Adam's live shows more than the regular ones?

I love them. The drunker the better too.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

The only 'luck' involved in Adam's career was turning the radio on at the right time to hear that KROQ wanted a boxing instructor.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

The Norman Lear episode was great.

Edit --> Larry King wasn't bad either.

Boinks fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 11, 2014

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I hope this doesn't mean I'll have the lowest score now when I play along with the Rotten Tomatoes game.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

I cannot believe how brutal it must feel to be spoken about publicly as being "not a good sidekick" after having that job for like 5 years???

Not to mention bald Bryan still has a job and he is the most useless, white noise human being on the earth.

Except he said she was a good sidekick. Just not a great one. Plus he said she was a better host than a sidekick which is a compliment. This will probably end up being a good thing for her career anyway.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Mangria rules though. I went through 3 bottles over the holiday season.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Northjayhawk posted:

Listened to the first part of the most recent podcast.

He and BB opened by openly mocking the idiots who suggested a love affair. Then they settled in, Adam started reiterating that Alison is a good writer, a good lead, not a good sidekick, etc. Adam acknowledged that he was basically retarded as far as referring to giving Gina and Tim Conway a proper sendoff right after talking about firing Alison.

Adam then said that even though he looks like he's being cruel, he really means what he's saying, that he doesn't think Alison should continue on this job. "just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you SHOULD do something".

Also "I think she's got a lot in the tank, and not much of it is coming out" because she's basically being quiet and deferring to Adam, being repressed by her role, etc. He basically spent a bit of time saying that he thinks she'll now probably be more creative and produce a lot of stuff now that she's freed from his shadow.

Also said she'd probably sit there listening to the same stories for the next five years and not really get kicked out from behind the drum kit so to speak"

"I didn't do this.... FOR HER.... but I feel like some people can fall into a position and stagnate"

Adam also admitted that, regarding his short curt email, "she didn't get what she deserved out of it" "I should have done a better job, I wasn't thinking about it like I should have", etc

This is exactly what I figured happened and all of you over reacted. :colbert:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Dameshek hasn't been on in awhile either.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

JB50 posted:

Ya but that was 4 or 5 weeks ago. Seems like everyone had moved on.

Haha, Alison move on?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Adams willingness to joke about race and religion is one of the biggest reasons I listen to him and I don't consider it racist.

People weren't this uptight 10 years ago, especially here.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Beeez posted:

Yeah, I think that aspect of the situation isn't all his fault. These days people are becoming more and more uptight and unwilling to deal with others who have opinions that don't mirror their own, in comedy these days you do see a lot of circlejerking over the same opinions. That being said, Adam is an ignorant idiot almost anytime he tries to make a real point, and he seems to be getting worse.

Yeah I agree about his ignorance. I think it all stems from his "real world" experience being over 20 years old now.

Like it bugs me when he says you can get a taco at Taco Bell for 40 cents, etc etc.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Except Adams two most common recurring guests are black and Asian.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

No. You can be fine as a white person by not ignoring or defending the racial status quo. Where was that chart that showed that the average Hispanic and Black family in America being, like, 15k each in worth, with whitey up at 150k?

I'm owed 20 years of back white privilege then, where can I pick up my check?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

What Fun posted:

I think Gina is actually doing good, but I'm a tit man and I saw a picture of her so maybe I'm biased

http://adamcarolla.com/oscar-recap/

Man you weren't kidding.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Adam better have DFG on before his advertising contract with All Ball Pro is over. :colbert:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

Ace is a loving child. I legitimately am starting to wish something bad would happen to him like what happened to Anthony Cumia. Maybe Lynette will finally leave him.

Why do you listen to the show? Why do you post here?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Does Road Hard come out today? I'm waiting to get my DVD to watch it.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

He should have released it as 'Directed by Jewels Dash'.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

JB50 posted:

Being back Hesley.

I wish.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I thought she only had the dog for like a week or two.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Fly McCool posted:

Do you expect anything else from an Axl apologist? This is the man who publicly defended Chinese Democracy in earnest.

This makes me like David Wild even more because Chinese Democracy ruled.

Looks like PO'D Cast must have been cancelled. It's not showing up on the site anymore.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

John Hiatt loving rules though.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

If you can get a presidential candidate on your show you just do it.

He didn't say anything too crazy anyway.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Except he pays a shitload in taxes and knows better than anyone what it's like to be dirt poor. :clint:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

The only thing Gina brings to the table is her boobs.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I'm confused. I just listened and he was very reasonable. Didn't say anything bad at all.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Only thing that bugged me was the Christian part.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

ChaosMonkey posted:

I had a Carolla moment today while talking with an ex-girlfriend about a guy she went on a date with. She said he was a very handsome white guy (she's Cuban), "Like, uh, Ryan Gosling? Is that a white guy?" she asked me. I said, yeah and added "Look at you, pulling down hot studs."

"That's what he did for a living!"
"What?"
"He pulled down studs. Demolitions."

And then, possessed by the spirit of the Ace Man, we spent about three minutes talking about how loving crazy it was that I'd said that and that's his job.

Awesome. Usually when I pull a Carolla with my wife it's me angrily complaining about something stupid.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Medullah posted:

"Can I complain about a free tropical vacation? You're drat right I can. How do I get to this fabulous island? Well I get on the airplane where I'm given my bag of pretzels because God forbid there is any peanut dust in the air, and next to me is some fat lady with her service dog...."

A...Adam?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I don't think they'd give an atheist a show on any conservative network.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

drat NIGGA posted:

Finally watched Road Hard last night. Basically the same as The Hammer, just replacing the boxing with stand up. Even takes time to show his love for carpentry. All the jokes were straight from his every day rants about service dogs,etc. Even had DAG doing the Teddy Pendegrass bit.

Everyone's acting was ok besides Carolla's, 5.5/10

edit: the best thing about the movie was larry miller as babydoll.

That's kind of a let down. I'm still going to wait to watch it when I get my DVD from the pledge, then I'm gonna send it to him to get signed.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Hindsight is 20/20 though. I think she should get a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I enjoy Dave but I also enjoy sports.