Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

JB50 posted:

Wow I was surprised to hear that Lyntette is more adult about dealing with that poor dog than Adam is. Adam wont even talk about having the dog put down, and Lynette flat out says its time. The drat thing has tumors all over and is bleeding out of everywhere including its rear end. For fucks sake put the thing out of its misery.

He needs Molly alive so he can still do live reads for BarkBox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

That's what happens when you don't put in the hard yards to switch to kibble instead of gross jellied horse meat.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I've only watched a couple of episodes, I think from S2, but it needs a lot more making fun of shoddy construction/contractors and a lot less reality style "detective work" and "sting house".
It's fine to sting them, but don't waste so much time having fake phone conversations with Skip's wife repeating the sob story we already heard once.

Like Mythbusters and some other shows, it's a lot more bearable (and time saving) if you watch it with judicious use of the Skip 10 Seconds button every time they repeat themselves.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I do still listen to ADS, but the calls being from "fans" means that they are nowhere near as interesting nor provide opportunities for humour as Loveline "callers".

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

On the ADS show; I was surprised to hear how anti-childcare both Adam and Drew were.
Especially Adam who normally talks about how important getting ahead in life is, you'd think he would be in favour of making sacrifices to your home life to be able to provide, but no.
It just makes them sound really out of touch.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

A guy called in who had his 2yo in childcare and both parents worked full time, as in one of those "early learning" places where you drop your kid off in the morning and the staff there look after a gaggle of kids all day and you pick them up in the evening.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

If the rants are anything to go by, those projects *are* with parental help. :eng99:

That said, if they're going to a top flight private school then the other kids in the class are probably going to be a lot smarter and have more parental involvement/pressure than someone whose parent doesn't believe in homework.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Moniker posted:

It's not a gay blood ban. It's a man on man sex ban. A gay virgin is a great donor, for example. The stats speak for themselves.

Also, it's not like that is the only group that is denied.

People who have traveled to certain countries recently, British expats, people that have gotten a tattoo in the last year, people that use or consort with drug users, and I think I might even be forgetting one or two more groups on the questionnaire.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Tweak posted:

alternatively find one of the random loveline streams and remember a better time and place with the aceman

I was thinking that someone should put up a loveline archive RSS feed with multiple release cadences so you could add the right one for you to your podcatcher.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Makes sense, but that's another reason to get rid of the boring PI segment, the silly "sting house" and awkward confrontation.

I liked the parts of CAC where they were just showing off the shoddy work and explaining code and/or other reasons why to do the job one way and not another. Like the house with the door where the hinges were on the outside so you could simply pop the pins to take the door off.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

pangstrom posted:

Just since the thread is dead anyway: there is kind of an interesting dynamic in the Adam and Drew show where Drew and Gary (the engineer/assistant/whatever) both know they should take calls instead of it just being huge chunks of Adam-repeats-a-rant, but Adam has mostly shut down Gary on the subject and Drew, while he is less Adam's "subordinate", keeps chickening out of his half-rear end circumspect-yet-transparent attempts. It's not as entertaining as it would be if they just took calls but it can be pretty entertaining.

After 15 minutes of "let's try to find this apartment on Google Maps street view for no reason" I can never trust anything Adam says about "good pod" ever again.

The show could really use some editing whenever they do that type of thing.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

He may have been told that, but it really sounds like BS given that Adam obviously couldn't get anyone fired.

JB50 posted:

He make the crew listen to him racing his 5 million dollar Newman Porsche. Thats good pod. Not!

When it comes to "good pod", he never holds himself to the same standard. Lots of asking Gary or Chris to google image search something, and that's ignoring the really bad ones like racing clips (with audio) or trying to find an old apartment on Street View.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Got to have declined.
If not for any particular reason, but we're really spoilt for choice now.

Plus none of the other shows have anywhere near as many ads. I can't imagine having AirPods and keeping up with an ad-heavy podcast.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

Lampsacus posted:

I'm impressed by the stubbornness of the Adam and Drew Show. I mean, they must record eps back to back but the endless ad reads on that show my god they don't quit. Surely Adam's audience numbers must be dwindling.

The ad-roll at the start of ADS is bananas. It's like 5-6 minutes now.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

This one is particularly stupid because international travel has always required proof of prophylaxis against endemic disease.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What's bring a trailer?

Car-selling website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

JGdmn posted:

Bad Religion.

Checks out, what a great guest band they were.