Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I found it to be kind of a "my potato salad is better" arguments. He almost kind of relishes how lovely his childhood was. It's like he had the whole thing chambered up and ready to go.

It actually makes me feel empathy for the guy. He behaves really oddly but his life is so hosed up that it kinda explains it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ez posted:

Adam's response to the caller today that told him him and his wife were going to Detroit for their wedding (Why? Was Beirut already booked) was the first thing he's said in a long time that made me literally laugh out loud. I live incredibly close to Detroit and it is indeed a smouldering shithole.

My mind was reeling as to where you would go to get married in Detroit. The MGM maybe?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I never liked it because the main characters looked "weird". They have they fall into the uncanny valley of facial features.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Marry whoever you want to for whatever reason you want to. Don't marry someone for whatever reason you want to. Who loving cares? It's your life.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Is there a liquor store that DOES pay all of their taxes? I remember there was once an economic study on sales tax in New York City, and they only found two store who paid all of the tax they owed, and they both we're going out of business.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ariza posted:

I just meant sleazy in general though that is probably too strong of a word (savvy is probably better). I mean he'll shill anything for a buck, even things he should be opposed to based on his ranting. But he's a personality so it's fine, but I still look at Drew as a doctor first which is honestly more my personal problem. I should understand that he's a TV/radio guy first now. I've known too many doctors that get pulled into pushing bullshit for a buck and it makes me very upset. One thing we can all agree on is that the best podcast ads ever were from Norm MacDonald's short lived podcast. He made me laugh at Nick Swardson which should qualify him for some sort of award.

Is this still in iTunes?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Woah, do we have a recording of that?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Boinks posted:

Adam mentioned on the podcast that he's selling his extra Not Taco Bell Material hardcovers, signed and delivered, for $10. The address is on his website.

I hadn't picked this one up yet so I'm pretty happy.

He didn't mention that you have to send the jacket of his new book "president me" to get the deal. He'll sign them both, though.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

El Gallinero Gros posted:

You gotta be kidding me. If anything, he'll become more bitter, because nobody's around to ground him (not that they help much now, but imagine how much worse it'd get).

Yeah, losing out 27% of his income so his wife can spoil his kids rotten and have nanny do all the work will not bode well for the podcast.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Veskit posted:

The DAG episode is pretty loving good by the way. NO peanut, no teddy until like literally the very end, and DAG/Adam may have stumbled onto a pretty loving funny rear end bit.

Thanks! I love it when other posters point out good podcasts. I usually hit up names I know will be good.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

benito posted:

He has a profound ignorance about the legal issues of patent law, and doesn't realize that what the patent trolls are doing is perfectly legal. I don't know if he needs better lawyers or just isn't listening to the ones he has, but a courtroom isn't a place where you can win just by screaming louder than everyone else and ignoring all facts. I hate it for him, but his recent legal defeats could have been a lot less expensive if he'd just owned up to reality.

I mostly feel bad for all the fans that ponied up cash to support him. Those guys don't have a bunch of expensive sports cars sitting around in a garage.

I heard it wasn't the legality, but his chances of recuperating his costs. In East Texas, this chance is NIL.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

visuvius posted:

I was totally cool with him funding his attorney fees through fan donations while the whole thing was going on and I thought it was great but this whole "get us back to zero" thing kind of annoys me at this point. Its like man, people paid what they want to pay, loving let it go at this point. Yeah sucks you got sued by some dickheads but chalk it up to cost of doing business and stop hounding your fans about getting you back down to zero.

I agree for a different reason. On one hand, it's total bullshit to be sued for doing nothing wrong under any legal definition, and having to pay millions of dollars to defend yourself! On the other hand, you never shut up about driving multiple luxury cars, any 5 of which you could do without.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Apoplexy posted:

No outcome of that trial could've made Adam as poor as 99.999% of the people who listen to him on a regular basis.

99.999% is a comic exaggeration. If they did find his personal assets liable (they were suing him, not carolla digital), he could have really been screwed.

I'm pretty sure the reason he settled is that his lawyers leveled with him about the odds of him getting attorneys' fees back. Appellate lawyers are MUCH more expensive than trial lawyers, and East Texas thinks every case brought to trial is best on everyone's' dime.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Boinks posted:

Got my $10 signed copy of Not Taco Bell Material! He signed the dust jacket and the first page, very strange.

Nice! Did you send in a jacket of President Me?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Boinks posted:

Actually for this copy I just sent him a check and a note asking for a signed book. This was before I found out he wanted you to send in the jacket for President Me so I wasn't sure if he'd honor it.

He removed the book jacket requirement later on so I sent him another check with the instructions here:
http://adamcarolla.com/signed-hardcover-not-taco-bell-material-only-10-2/

The envelope wasn't in my handwriting and was sent with stamps.com so I think i'll be getting a second copy.

Haha score! I like that he provided the envelope for the return send. That's a classy move. How big does the return envelope have to be?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Well if cbs appeals, there's a good chance they will invalidate the patent.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Sorry I'm many weeks behind on the podcast, but I just wanted to post here saying Holy Jesus gently caress the Trailer Park Boys were boring as gently caress in interview. TPB's is like one of the funniest shows ive ever seen and I was really looking forward to that episode. I was surprised at how dull they are when not in character. What a snoozer. Are they always that boring or did they have an off day? Jet Lag maybe?

Maybe, but you may just be seeing distilled comedy over a number of years when you see the Trailer Park Boys.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Apoplexy posted:

See also: Adam Carolla, a guy who isn't any different from any other radio host, yet stands out due to the luck of the draw.

Is this bait? Have you listened to other radio?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

ChaosMonkey posted:

Didn't Adam have Ray Romano on the podcast early on and it was like listening to a blanket talk about watching grass grow?

If someone could link to this, that would be great.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Boinks posted:

The only 'luck' involved in Adam's career was turning the radio on at the right time to hear that KROQ wanted a boxing instructor.

The premise describes many careers.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Same here! I came here to post exactly that!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
New podcast is out. Sounds like Adam fired her because she wasn't much of a sidekick.

drat shame, I really liked her. He has Gina something or other sitting in... I'm torn between seeing if she can make the podcast better of I should just stop listening.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Pretty low integrity move by the ace man. Never heard the part about wanting to be fired by email, so maybe that was the motivation.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

ChaosMonkey posted:

Just thought I'd jump in here to let you all know I'm about to put a strip of bright orange duct tape on my black leather wallet so I stop losing it on my desk.

I did one better and painted my cell phone with glow in the dark paint.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

benito posted:

Today on the ACS, we learn that "Road Hard" has a 50% Rotten Tomatoes score because of a vast left-wing conspiracy.

Kudos to Mike for sticking to his guns.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I had two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for lunch everyday for 13 years.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

HAHAHA so there's no Ace Network? That's pretty great. What a rube.

Ace Network went away when Donny broke off. I guess rather than fight about who owns what, he just set up a new company. Still won the lawsuit, anyway.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
There was a recent Adam and Drew where he walked off. Adam covered for him by saying he had to be at his next gig early, but I think he was a bit shocked.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

beep by grandpa posted:

Adam seems like the most infuriating motherfucker on earth to have to work with/be around directly.

That's just his on air persona. Off air he's a passive aggressive mumbler who communicates as well as a quadriplegic Helen Keller.

"I don't think you're doing well. I'll keep my mouth shut for months while I stew in my anger, then fire you in an email."

Daddy stop talking

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sometimes it has interesting calls, but it still has Adam's inane preachiness. I'm also kinda sad that it seems like Drew has zero listening comprehension skills, combined with a rush to diagnosis before he has all of the facts.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
This podcast turned into a weird type of political and self help podcast that none of us asked for. :jackbud:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Hearing they missed school because they ate too much Halloween candy is the hardest I've laughed at the podcast in a long while.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

pangstrom posted:

He's been brutal on friends when he disagrees with them and is right or at least thinks he's right.

If by brutal, you mean ignoring everything they say and insisting on his world Jew. He sets next to Bald Brian, who was being billed 100k+ per dose for his meds, and still says everything worked out fine because he got Jay Leno to help do a benefit for him.

I resisted so long, but Adam is a pretty disgusting person. He's actually getting progressively worse.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Haha, that autocorrect for you. :hitler:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
This show is still going on. Wow, Adam's right, once you're a celebrity these things carry themselves.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What made me rage quit was when we had the 4th or th caller who just bitched about the people around them not having grit. Jesus Christ, what an unaware group of circle jerkers.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I actually still listen to reasonable doubt. When Adam decides not to ruin it, it's actually a pretty informative show. Garagos knows his stuff.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I almost lost it when I heard that it was Jimmy Kimmel who bought Sonny a helmet after the fact. wtf Adam?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

pzy posted:

Jimmy Kimmel = Universal Healthcare

Kinda would like to have the problems in our HCS fixed before more Jimbo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

JB50 posted:

I bet Sonny has some grit now In his wounds
:vince:

Law Cheetah posted:

jeez dont take pictures of people in the hospital its like taking pictures of people in the bathroom

I dunno, I guess to each his own. I think it depends on how personal you take being photographed or how embarrassing you think it is to be injured.