Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Veskit posted:

Anyone remember what adam and allison came up with to replace the word faghag? I remember it being clever and I want to remember it. It was like a year and a half ago i think it was said so if anyone remember I owe you a beer?

Fruitfly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

I should qualify by stating that I also listen to the film vault and a whole bunch of ancillary media that kind of fleshes out how terrible he is. He's unfortunately a part of a lot of stuff that I listen to.

I listen to the Film Vault too, and I still like him. I don't know what other ancillary media he's in though.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Ez posted:

Holy gently caress, Bryan has gotten so lazy with the drops. Allison talked about fearing ants crawling up her butt yesterday and he didn't play "There's something in my butt", and then later Adam talked about Whoopee Goldberg stammering on the view and he didn't play that clip of Whoopee stammering. He did shoehorn in "It's just a waste of my time" in a spot where it made no sense though, so I guess he earned his paycheck this week.

His drop machine is broken. He said it at the top of the show, he has a very select few drops on the laptop he's using.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Mike August does the booking. Lynch lives in New England now and is a therapist.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
What was the point?

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Adam's dad was a substitute teacher and later a therapist. On the radio show his dad said his best year income wise was in the mid 40k's. And I think that was when Adam was already out of the house.

His mom was an "academic" that was on welfare and lived on her mother's dime.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

visuvius posted:

I've never understood how people get comfortable enough to shout out answers to mostly rhetorical and bullshit questions comedians ask.
Alcohol.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Sieg posted:

Just thought it was interesting. Any other information on Brian not drinking Mangria?
Mangria is loving gross.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
He said he coached at the same school, but not at the same time Martin was there.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Veskit posted:

ACS with Pete was good ol fun. YMIW with Jon Glaser was so awkward it was special.

Can you(or someone) give a short synopsis?

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

ChaosMonkey posted:

I don't know who Mike Carano is but this is the first time I've started an episode of Drew's podcast and not finished.

Congrats, you're being screen captured by the After Disaster's Twitter account.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Hahahaha, I didn't know there was more than one AD fan in SA, the thing is so ramshackle. I did the screencap and sent it to them and they RTd it.

It's probably the podcast I look forward to the most. And I love Carano.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
10/12/2003

Drew catches Paulina using foul language after spying on her IMs between her friends. Adam tells Drew he's going to give her an eating disorder.

But seriously, he said that poo poo all the time. Every time Drew would mention something about being overbearing with his kids.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
How else would you get your daily fill of John and Jeff?

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
And no Louis CK. Jack Silver had his finger on the heartbeat of American comedy.

WING BOWL AND DANNY BONADUCE! IT'S BIG IN PHILLY!

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Yeah there has, check the website. There was one just this morning.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Eric Stromer is always good. Adam and Ray always do better when they have to dance for people who really know their poo poo.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Gina came right back after the Alison talk.

She didn't talk much but presenting the news. She's gotta be pretty confused as to how she should act around Adam after he basically lined out exactly how to kiss his rear end and never get fired.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
After hang listened to Gina on Conway & Whitman I think she'd be fine as a second fiddle, but it's going to be hard to be great for Adam AND the fans like us because she's going to have to be completely involved in the Carolla world and also challenge him. That just seems so loving tiring to do every day and sometimes weekends.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Niwrad posted:

Was it a good show? Looks like a fun group of people on.

No. Unless you like precocious children. Even then it's pretty tough.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Meatwave posted:

Yeah, Carolla would be on the side of patent trolls if he wasn't sued himself.

He said quite a few times that he didn't blame them for trying to game the system.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

UltraRed posted:

Kudos to Mike for sticking to his guns.

Good ole Mike Ashtitty.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Tweak posted:

3/14 is a solo podcast of hers where she rebuts a little bit more the ridiculous, "reasons" adam had for firing her, but that's the only episode of late i'm aware of. from what i understood, she basically wanted very badly to just not have to go into that poo poo anymore,
Yeah, except now she's doing a weekly segment about refuting one thing Adam said because it gets good ratings. TrappDog even wrote a song for it.

In short, they are both autistic narcissists and it's probably best for both of them to not work together.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Tweak posted:

i'm pretty sure but not postive that was the first episode in a while that she directly broached the subject

To introduce a weekly segment, yes.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Yeah, on Thursday. The one labelled "a new segment". With the song. Like I said in my first post.

I'm not saying Adam isn't worse, because he obviously is. But Alison has gone quite a bit off the rails, and her doing this just to boost ratings is pretty sad.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
That's the problem with Adam. He went from pretty poor to pretty rich really quick. He'll never understand anything besides that, because that's what he thinks happens when you get a good hold on those bootstraps.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Niwrad posted:

I agree on that. Most of the show should just be Adam ripping on the work and making jokes about stuff. All the detective stuff seems fake and boring. Maybe part of the problem is that it feels like Adam has a very limited schedule for shooting.

I'd love to see a "Holmes on Homes" type show with Carolla.

Adam isn't anywhere close to that knowledgable though.

Which is another reason why they can't work outside Southern California on the show.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Yeah it was a lot better when Adam had a boss so he could rail against the man.

Now he's the boss so just denigrates his minions and bitches about the poor.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Yeah, on the scale of unreasonable Carolla behavior that doesn't even move the needle.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

pangstrom posted:

Loveline was good because Adam had good ideas and could express them convincingly with metaphor and humor, AND because he was addressing actual peoples' problems with them. Now it's mostly addressing minor very-specific-to-his-life bothers that he writes down on buck slips. And yeah he had less other stuff going on / was more focused / was younger.

After listening to Adam since 1995, I'm not sure if there is a more succinct way to put it. Kudos.

Don't listen to Adam and Drew. It's the worst of both of them.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Adam used to rail on the right all the time in the 90s. Gun control, religious fundamentalism, birth control and abortion are the ones I remember. He'd specifically call out "republicans".

I'm not sure if his politics have changed, although they generally do as people age, or he just doesn't talk about those things in the same way he used to. I certainly know his audience isn't the same, and that might also contribute to his descent into FYGM ridiculousness.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
The ratio of funny/anger in Adam Carolla is all hosed now.

After listening to him for twenty years he's always better when he's in therapy.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
2006 was my first year in my line of work where I had a job I which I had an office and a desk and the ability to listen to radio in the morning so after having listened to Adam regularly on Loveline up until 2000 it was quite a shock when I heard him on morning radio.

It was chaotic and frenzied and great (and horrible). Mostly because as much radio as Adam had done this was new and he was having to depend on good, funny, interesting people around him to help and challenge him because the format threw him for a loop.

Now is the opposite and I haven't listened in months.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Adam is only truly great when he's punching up.

Even twenty years ago when he was yelling at dumb teenagers there was at least a tenderness when poo poo was truly awful.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

WEH posted:

Him embracing gently caress you got mine would’ve been mildly amusing if he hadn’t also embraced being a neglectful parent and abusive spouse

loving this.

Also, the builder poo poo is bunk. Adam knows quite a bit about building, if you stopped learning in 1992. He quit being up with the times, and blames everyone else. You shouldn't attempt to be a GC in your spare time and complain about how difficult it is. Dude was still quizzing people on nailing schedules in the 2010s without knowing he was hilariously out of date (and also wrong, because the specs change engineer to engineer and he doesn't really build anything of consequence).

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

DrVenkman posted:

Adam has been a comedian or whatever a lot longer than he was ever in the trade, so this weird reverence he still has for his own knowledge or that part of his life is like someone clinging onto the time they did something cool in high school and can't get it go.

I guess the sad thing is that he's much, much more experienced in the comedy field and I'd rather him build me a shed than tell me a joke.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
The thing is, he thinks he knows something but doesn't. So that "I don't know what I'm talking about " switch doesn't get thrown. Just the " I did this thirty years ago for real" knee jerk.

You know, like his politics.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Look at the tilework at any and all transitions on that Hollywood Hills house. Thumbnails 12 & 15.

Ray? I hope not.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Adam had all the opportunity in the world to shift into literally anything more than he is*. He hasn’t taken it, and he won’t.

*last time I listened to the podcast was a couple months before Allison was let go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
They are 14.

I only remember because it was a big deal to not have them on 6/6/06.