Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Admittedly, the macro system is just sort of bandaging over a significant problem (having 4 or 5 "junk" abilities that you need to press but which themselves do not do anything interesting), but it's an appreciated bandage. I have the manual dexterity of a boulder, so the fewer buttons I have to press, the happier I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

necrotic posted:

This is one of the reasons I enjoy Mage so much. Archon is really the only soul I have a "spam" macro. All of my other macros are @mouseoverui or @focus casts for quick healing/cleansing.

edit: I have one for my harbinger soul but I only use that for lazy farming poo poo.

Harbinger is great. If you jiggle around like a lunatic during combat, you can get almost everything you need into a single macro (for single target, anyways).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Elblanco posted:

Sweet, thanks that helps a lot. Also how do I choose which souls I use? When I made my character I only had the premade options. I just used the raptr code too, so it's a full account too.

Once you get in game and can access your soul trees, just click on the little soul icons and you'll be able to switch them around. If you need to reset your points at all, just talk your trainer; it's insanely cheap.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tezzeract posted:

You did 50-60 using IA/dungeon/WFs?

WFs at the least are actually pretty fast EXP, and I generally found them more engaging than the regular content.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Doh004 posted:

Internet nerds told me IA's 50+ weren't nearly as efficient.

They aren't. They slow down dramatically post-50. It's only worthwhile to do the daily for them.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

You race pretty quickly through 48-50, and it's a lot easier than trying to fart around back in the base game, honestly. The only caveat is that you should probably do it with some sort of healing secondary (e.g., Chloro, Sentinel, Paladin, or Bard).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

In case you weren't on for Volan vs Maintenance frenzy: :siren:New Black Garden and Karthan Ridge modes after the maintenance!:siren:

Like, completely brand new? The collect-the-orbs version of Black Garden is about a billion times better than murderball, although it's still kind of dull.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Bombogenesis posted:

Okay it may not be shouty but please god let this be legit. :allears:

I'm a touch disappointed since I was hoping for some kind of melee healing dude, but it looks like you're just a regular ol' healer. :I

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

jadebullet posted:

So I have decided to try this game again. I played it a little after launch but stopped playing when my subscription ran out due to lack of money. I tend to be kind of antisocial in these types of games and was wondering what would the best class be if I am looking for a solo character, Warrior or Cleric?

I was leaning toward Cleric with a focus on either Druid or Justicar.

Solo-wise, it's extremely hard to beat a Mage running Harbinger/Chloromancer. Harb gets a whole ton of cool abilities and lots of built-in healing and defense to go with Chloro. You can switch up your third soul depending on what you need. Dominator's always solid for the CC while soloing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Deki posted:

Trion leadership is incredibly hosed and they basically threw away a good solid moneymaking game in favor of poo poo like Archeage and Defiance, which are dying even faster somehow.

They loving bungled it big time with both of those releases. I obviously don't have their inside financials, but I'd be amazed if they weren't hovering on the very edge of insolvency with how blatant they've been grasping for dollars from both this game and Archeage. The emergence of F2P in the West might've changed attitudes a little, but openly paying for power like this is pretty dang taboo.

• Locked thread