Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!
Listen, how else am I supposed to tank and answer tells and eat sandwiches and watch TV at the same time if I don't have my one true macro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Tsurupettan posted:

Good lord you seem to level so fast just doing IAs (and the quests near them) and hitting up rifts as appropriate plus the daily quests. :v: I can't see any reason to just go 'hub to hub' questing as per normal.

You will when you hit 50!

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Wordicuffs posted:

Is there an upgrade to the Flawless Source Machine in the 50-53 levels of SL? These Lycini essences are a big upgrade but I don't want to buy them twice

uhh does it have 4 lesser slots and 2 greater slots? If yes then gratz you have the best source machine (Short of a limited-time available Barnacle Encrusted machine which are BoA).

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

I hope I get a bulk sum for my 600+ days left on my account so I can swim on my giant pile of REX.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

There's also some druid grind spec but I never used it v:shobon:v.

Heresy, it's a great grinding spec.

Also at 60 61 shaman/15 defiler was a great somewhat raid-viable (it's like 2% below best) build.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

The three Archon specs to have include 51 archon 58 archon and 61 archon, in order of general to specific usefulness. 58 archon helps when you need to do a bunch of poo poo on the fight (purging/cleansing like Saetos/Twins comes to mind). 61 is neat for having PtP and helps in some fights.

One of those should have dom too, usually 58/18 for ultimate utility.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Daglar;4248960 posted:

The RIFT team was not affected. I will not be responding to any other posts in this thread.

~Daglar

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Ask in the defiance thread to see if anyone has Rift+SL from the Defiance preorder?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Asehujiko posted:

If that is literally the only thing I miss out on by making a new account and getting 30 days free I'll do that them instead of giving up my 30 days free time to get a character with +40 water resist that might be made available again later anyway.

That is not the benefit of the Barnacle Encrusted Source machine.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

I think that's one of the few things that customer service can't/won't do for you.

Last time they tried this poo poo it opened a giant can of worms that permanently corrupted some player accounts, so as a rule they don't do it anymore.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Invisible Handjob posted:

I'm in as Gyokuro, about to send an invite to join the guild. This is pretty cool so far.

Hey fucko, stop stealing bags to post on the AH.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

The big shitdump in that thread is over token vials, when getting token gear substantially faster is a huge boon. The secondary concern is that supposedly BiS essences and capes are buyable through REX as are apparently reputation boosts? I'll be honest I was really hoping it would go with a Dotes or LoL model of you buy purely cosmetic things like man I would pay dope cash to shoot rainbows in Inquisitor but buying in-game stat items just -feels- bad.

It's worse than that with their PTS testing model: it's already been that after you have the current content on farm if there's anything on PTS a hardcore guild will go and "test" PTS content (read: rehearse the raid in test mode to be ready for live). Now it puts more motivation for PTS raiding so that you'll want to have raids "down pat" from PTS so you can efficiently get things down.

My personal hope is that a lot of that doesn't make it to live and they just don't want to reveal what the real cash shop items are but that's probably wildly optimistic and also not in line with what a lot of other players hope.

Edit: also goddamn I hate reading posts by "top raiders" because 90% of them are so loving condescending.

From your posts on that thread I don't think you know what immediately means, most of the gear that would be an upgrade that I saw requires a dumb rep grind, therefore the advantage is decidedly not "immediately available".

Will I be purchasing Barnacles for my alts so I can use my main to load it with precious lessers? Likely.
Will I skip the IS grind to buy those lessers? Most likely not.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Put a 20 hour cooldown on the token potion and VOILA, problem solved.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Demon Theory posted:

How is the open world PvP in this game? I love to PvP and the battlefronts seem to get old really fast and i'm only lvl 20. I've read on the Rift forums that this game is mostly PvE, is that true?

Yes

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

The host that is running our mumble VM is getting retired so I will be migrating it today after raid (or 12am if there's no raid), expect 30ish minutes of downtime.

Nothing needs to be changed from your end, it'll have the same Host/IP/Usernames/etc.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

AAAAAA That 55 puri build is ronnnnggg, make it 22 sentinel and grab 1 point in merciful appeal.

Also a Justicar build without Pursuit of Truth for 35m is also rong IMHO.

You an add a note to ask me for Justicar info, there are a lot of subtleties that the guide misses. For example there's no mention of the different threat multiplier on SoJ vs. Reckoning, a newbie looking at both abilities will spam Reckoning over SoJ at their heart's content not knowing that SoJ has a much higher threat multiplier.

deimos fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 24, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

lsp posted:

There really weren't many guides for purifier so I picked the nearest one~ Feel free to do your own guide.

Ahov's was the only decent one but he seems to have deleted it.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Drythe posted:

Here's an important question: Do Harbingers look bad-rear end? This is vital in my decision to roll a mage.

You transform into this as your level 61 ability:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Guys looking to tank, keep in mind you'll probably not be able to raid tank, so your primary concern should be dps/support/heals. We have an overabundance of talented tanks in the guild and gear checks for tanks are still a thing.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Eh, you never know when someone will go fuckgoons and a tanking spot open up. But you will definitely be dps first. Here's a video of the riftblade doing it's dps rotation if that helps, warriors definitely get elemental effects and stuff to go with their attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFLPTBiKfQI

It's me, I'll be the one that goes fuckgoons.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

And to add to that, disabling pvp gives you a 5 minute buff that looks like a fist. It counts down and your pvp is turned off if it hits zero without you attacking or healing someone involved in pvp.

put it in the OPPPP

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Kiwi Penguin posted:

Oh, hey, guess what - account-wide in Rift does not mean the same thing as account-wide in WoW. When you learn the mount on your alt, that means no one else can have it. Account-wide simply means you could mail it to another character, not that all of the toons on your accounts have it.

I did not know this.

:doh: :downs:

This is wrong. Account wide on Rift means exactly that, every character in the account will get it (even in different servers). What you're talking about is Bound to Account items, when it comes to runes/mounts/collectibles then yeah it'll stay on the character that "eats" it.

Items that are account-wide from the different packs are mailed to every character you make/have made.

Also on that list is missing:
* (armorless) White tiger: This is from either the korean version of Rift or 36 month veteran reward.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Could I get an invite on "Amberlina?"

00Kevin posted:

Since I've gotten suckered back in and all, can I get my alts (actually a main and an alt) Kevos and Majarani into the guild?

sent

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

blah blah blah, mumble server downtime right now, but no one uses it so no one cares, it'll be up when it's up, deal with it.

e: it might be back up, look at how much I care.

deimos fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 29, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

:circlefap: Expert Dungeon Daily now gives 783,000 Alternate Advancement XP. :circlefap:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Beach Party posted:

So what is up with the gear and stat scaling when it comes to mentoring for dungeons? I queued up for a standard pre 50 dungeon at level 55 on my rogue to get used to running a full rift stalker build before hitting 60 and i was getting my rear end handed to me by pretty much every trash pull. Do i need to be in epic level tanking gear equivalent to level 55 to be able to mitigate damage decently at level 46? Back when i played before i ran all the expert dungeons just fine but after wiping a few times on trash pulls in standard lantern hook has me scratching my head. Im pretty sure the healer in the group would've rather had an actual level 46 in green gear since his stats would probably be higher than my mentored rear end.

Mentoring to sub-50 is kinda borked. What you should do is manually queue for those dungeons (I recommend Abyssal Precipice, Charmer's Caldera and Caduceus Rise) and you'll be at 55 tanking for a level 48-50 group. It won't be perfect training but at least you'll know where your abilities are. Then after you're comfortable with your run manually queue for storm and eventually move up to your current level dungeons.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

necrotic posted:

Now if only it was possible to import a file or something. I loving hate scrolling that long list.

They're stored server-side so this is probably not a thing that will happen.

Don't really see the need for more macros, now that macro-only builds are gone.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

Maybe for a mage healer.

I only have like three macros for purifier and two for defiler and one for warden. And that's including res macros.

I mouseoverui most of my healing spells v0v.

quote:

Most of my macros are target macros and for those I stack as many things into one macro as possible across different fights.

First time I did a Kain macro (ran without one for the first few times then missed the taunt on the 2nd add in the first phase twice in a row when running two cleric tanks) I did it the wrong way around, GUESS WHAT DIDN'T GET TAUNTED.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Obscurity posted:

Just got Hellbug mount today..only took 3 rifts total! :smug:

That sounds about average for the crappiest of the hellbug mounts.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

RottenK posted:

Wow, the game really improved since the last time I played it! All these changes.

I tried to make a 2h cleric tank build, can someone who actually knows poo poo about this game look at it, please? I forgot pretty much everything during the long break, I hope it's not too horrible.

Just use the regular tanking build with a 2h, stop trying to make poo poo up, every point in defiler there is p much useless. If grief blight were MUCH lower on the root defiler might be worth it for a quirky tanking build (or if you had gone 12pts for a cleanse I guess), but it isn't and so it's basically trash, spend points in inquisitor or cabalist.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

CONQUERORS UNITEEEE.

gently caress you trion. :eng99:

deimos fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 3, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Kreczor posted:

The one dungeon where I hate 3/5 of the bosses. Woe is me, why archive of flesh. Welp, time to put that on farm in between conquest matches.

You can't just farm an expert.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Zoness posted:

That's why you queue as healer and if more than two people die to flooding two pulls in a row you quit.

That's why you bring Tsu and RM him while tanking and duo the last 40% of the boss when the derps die to the flooding. :smugbert:

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

If you have 420+ hit with at most 2 runes quote this post and put yourself on this list: (add class and role you can fill)

1. Hedonism (cleric, tank)
  2. Kreczor (Warrior, dps)

If we have enough of you scrubs I'll run you through the 10 man on Thursday 6pm server time, and hopefully ~5 people from the core raid group joins me so we don't fail too miserably.

Caveat: if we wipe more than once to the first boss we're aborting.

deimos fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 5, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Not to sound like a bitter vet (I am), but we should not be letting people sign up on those raids until they've raided with us at least once and they prove competent. I'm sorry but I don't want to farm content for you to quit 2 weeks later while your incompetent rear end is making us not complete on progression fights.

Not that the people raiding right now are the ~~ best raiders ever ~~ but I'm pretty sure a couple of goons could be worse.

We've had a couple of the F2P goons on raids that have proven they've not even started to look at their characters in any serious manner and have no idea how to play their basic builds, if you want to raid demonstrate an iota of effort in raids and we'll start bringing you to other raids.

deimos fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jun 5, 2013

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Mormon Star Wars posted:

You put up Lifegiving Veil and Synthesis on your pet, then make a macro of your three chloro nukes. (Ruin, Nature's Touch, Vile Spores - in that order)

LGV is your AE healing veil, putting synth on your pet should automatically switch it to LBV. (Quick mnemonic: LGV is for groups, LBV is for bastard tanks.)

That being said, did they ever fix LBV+Synth being worse than LGV before lvl ~42?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

I think this needs to be said:

:siren:Bitter vets are bitter:siren:

And here's a few reasons why:
- We give new blood loot when it's a significant upgrade even if the bitter vet won the roll
- Same new blood seems to conveniently forget about bitter vets helping them out and keep loot when they win it against bitter vet
- Exactly the same new blood quits 2 weeks after denying bitter vet loot
- There is a constant stream of new people that come in, get geared, get into raids, get gear then quit.

This has happened far too many times and I wish it'd stopped.

People to whom this has happened (probably missing a few):
- Alistara
- Amory
- Antaris
- Egeus (before he quit the first time)
- Hedonism (does not happen as often, but it's honestly one of the reasons I only tank)
- Loracia
- Mouretsu (he's a good example because it happened to him with a piece of gear three loving times)
- Stampy
- Vandee

So please understand why bitter vets are sometimes bitter, it's not elitism, it's just frustration. Be nice to a bitter vet today.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

No if I pass on loot to you it's because I want the raid to be better and it's a tiny upgrade for me, don't fight me on you taking it. But when it's an honest to god upgrade for me I'll be rolling on poo poo, if you win the very least you could do is offer to repay the people that got you that loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Vendictus Prime posted:

As an example, Former forum people are now working as devs on some features.

Who is this example? Where are you getting the 30 people number from?

e: Wait, are you our first j4g?

• Locked thread